Beautiful piece of progressive propaganda. Trump is a bad man.

Speaking of worthless, do you have a clue how the world actually operates these days? The "going it alone" nationalism in a globally connected world is no longer a successful strategy. We are now seeing China step in to take a greater role due to our abdication.

ILMAO, Coyote says China doesn't put their country first.

WTF lol.

noun: nationalism
patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.
Contrary to Macaroon, nationalism IS patriotism. It should be mandatory for every elected official we choose.

Contrary to Macaroon, nationalism IS patriotism. It should be mandatory for every elected official we choose.

Progressive definition, and after all, they're progressively changing our definition of things:

White male conservatives are racist, especially guys supporting Trump. White women supporting Trump are oppressed spouses. Minorities who support Trump are dumb, and they're traitors to their people. Further translated to mean: Stomp out traditionalism, Christianity and distinguishable differences, toward the goal of one-world order. I'm not even Christian, just call em as I see em.

yep.

Here you have the leader of a nation state oopsing the very sovereignty of the nation he leads.

How anybody could be so stupid and hypocritical is beyond me. He should step down if he doesn't believe in France.

It's damn Orwellian what they are trying to do to words and the definitions of them.
It all starts with feelings of inadequacy. They feel unfulfilled and hate themselves. Rather than do anything to improve themselves, they project all their self loathing upon the entire society in which they live, and so lash out in a nihilistic little rage against their own people.

They want to destroy their country because deep down they want to destroy themselves.

Regressives are a terminally unhappy group.

What's the opposite of globalism? Why it's nationalism... And it has nothing to do with renouncing leadership in the world or dictatorships..

Globalism was the reason Obama talked us into the "new normal" and "the jobs aint coming back".. Coupled with the progressive obsession against GROWTH of GDP and the economy, and their belief that we must redistribute wealth on a global scale -- globalism is NOT something that doesn't carry a price tag for our citizens.

I've spent too much time watching VERY SMART corporate managements among my clients virtually GIVE China the keys to their businesses or allowing them to take them. Global TRADE needs to be fair. And generally I'm all for it. But our political leadership has NOT been negotiating on OUR behalf for a couple decades now..

What's the opposite of globalism? Why it's nationalism... And it has nothing to do with renouncing leadership in the world or dictatorships..

Globalism was the reason Obama talked us into the "new normal" and "the jobs aint coming back".. Coupled with the progressive obsession against GROWTH of GDP and the economy, and their belief that we must redistribute wealth on a global scale -- globalism is NOT something that doesn't carry a price tag for our citizens.

I've spent too much time watching VERY SMART corporate managements among my clients virtually GIVE China the keys to their businesses or allowing them to take them. Global TRADE needs to be fair. And generally I'm all for it. But our political leadership has NOT been negotiating on OUR behalf for a couple decades now..

All good points...but globalism isn’t all bad either...and nationalism does have a dark side. I remember ages ago in a high school history class, learning about the development of human states. From tribes to city states to nation states to modern nations to now..globalism. Did each step lead to a disenfranchised group that did not benefit like the rest? I think nationalism is just another form of tribalism.

Agree with you on China though!

and their belief that we must redistribute wealth on a global scale -- globalism is NOT something that doesn't carry a price tag for our citizens.

And that is core of the argument and people refuse to deal with.

Last edited:
and their belief that we must redistribute wealth on a global scale -- globalism is NOT something that doesn't carry a price tag for our citizens.

It carries both benefits and a price tag. Some benefit, some lose.

Which way do you go?

Which way do you go?

The focus should be on how it benefits the everyday people that are citizens of the US. It is not beneficial for me to continue to pay for European countries for "defense" so they will be my friend. So that my child can go to war to protect a bunch of corporate clowns, multinational corporations or........American Interests when you decide it's appropriate for the US to intervene under the guise of freedom.

Which way do you go?

The focus should be on how it benefits the everyday people that are citizens of the US. It is not beneficial for me to continue to pay for European countries for "defense" so they will be my friend. So that my child can go to war to protect a bunch of corporate clowns or........American Interests when you decide it's appropriate for the US to intervene under the guise of freedom.
I don’t think that is why.

Which way do you go?

The focus should be on how it benefits the everyday people that are citizens of the US. It is not beneficial for me to continue to pay for European countries for "defense" so they will be my friend. So that my child can go to war to protect a bunch of corporate clowns or........American Interests when you decide it's appropriate for the US to intervene under the guise of freedom.

I don't care.

Which way do you go?

I don't care.
That is fine :)

Yahoo is on par with the liars at CNN.
Everyone agrees the Liars are on Fox and Rush Limbaugh etc etc in the real world super duper.

Trump is very naive if he thinks nationalism is good. He doesn't seem interested in history. Not a good idea... I'm

All good points...but globalism isn’t all bad either...and nationalism does have a dark side. I remember ages ago in a high school history class, learning about the development of human states. From tribes to city states to nation states to modern nations to now..globalism. Did each step lead to a disenfranchised group that did not benefit like the rest? I think nationalism is just another form of tribalism.

Of course globalism is not all bad. And there aren't many parallels to ANCIENT history because the world was not as accessible and intertwined. Globalism developed BECAUSE the distances got smaller. Countries could project power faster and easier. And trade became any old oligarchs game. Didn't need constructs like the British East India Company or other Europe Imperialistic others.

But some of the elements you're equating with globalism -- just aren't part of the "nationalism" platform (if one existed). Like military parity.. China is not gonna gain an advantage under a nationalist policy. Nationalists don't HAVE to be isolationists when it comes to strategic military confrontations -- even proxy wars.

Just so happens tho -- that most "populist" nationalists, as Trump is, will probably shy away from interjecting the US in places where there is no great ally to be gained. We've had TOO MUCH (failed) foreign intervention and nation building. Regional conflicts really NEED -- regional solutions. NOT negotiated convenient agreements between the powerful countries of the world.

Globalism has a "power" component, a bigger economic component, and an ethical component. The push to build an EU or a NAFTA trade zone or other regional alliances came with HUGE BILLS for the sovereignty and the innate character of the individual countries.

And you're seeing that backlash right now.. We can't even heal OUR country. What in blazes makes you think we can heal the world?

Speaking of worthless, do you have a clue how the world actually operates these days? The "going it alone" nationalism in a globally connected world is no longer a successful strategy. We are now seeing China step in to take a greater role due to our abdication.

You know compared to the USA, France is a fucking rounding error. Who the fuck needs to pay attention to them?
Yeah and who cares about the EU or the rest of the world? Now we have a provincial naive idiot for president. And not interested in learning. Might be lovely for provincial naive idiots...

What's the topic of this turdish thread about anyways? :badgrin: Got to go check.. "Trump is a Bad Man" is long way from arguing globalism or nationalism..

Of course globalism is not all bad. And there aren't many parallels to ANCIENT history because the world was not as accessible and intertwined. Globalism developed BECAUSE the distances got smaller. Countries could project power faster and easier. And trade became any old oligarchs game. Didn't need constructs like the British East India Company or other Europe Imperialistic others.

But some of the elements you're equating with globalism -- just aren't part of the "nationalism" platform (if one existed). Like military parity.. China is not gonna gain an advantage under a nationalist policy. Nationalists don't HAVE to be isolationists when it comes to strategic military confrontations -- even proxy wars.

Just so happens tho -- that most "populist" nationalists, as Trump is, will probably shy away from interjecting the US in places where there is no great ally to be gained. We've had TOO MUCH (failed) foreign intervention and nation building. Regional conflicts really NEED -- regional solutions. NOT negotiated convenient agreements between the powerful countries of the world.

Globalism has a "power" component, a bigger economic component, and an ethical component. The push to build an EU or a NAFTA trade zone or other regional alliances came with HUGE BILLS for the sovereignty and the innate character of the individual countries.

And you're seeing that backlash right now.. We can't even heal OUR country. What in blazes makes you think we can heal the world?
Good points Flac! Some points to ponder...globalism is as old as man. It is just that the world” was smaller back then but it seemed just as big and connected. A biblical flood encompassing the world may only have encompassed the Middke East but that was the known world.

I think globalism is inevitable...so it is up to us to decide what path it will take.

What's the topic of this turdish thread about anyways? :badgrin: Got to go check.. "Trump is a Bad Man" is long way from arguing globalism or nationalism..
Oops.

Well....cheetahs are global.

Forum List

Back