Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

I think it's impossible to separate religion and politics. They've been the same since the beginning.. consider the snake cults before Adam and Eve.
True.

The Supreme Court overturning Roe is another example of the conjoining of religion and government, and government using religion as a means of political control.

Little has changed in the last 12,000 years.

I don't know about you, but I was simply reading what is known as the Letter to the Romans. You took one verse and said that one verse proved Mary sinned because it said "all". The letter never mentions Mary, so who was the "all" the letter referenced? Was it children too young to sin? No, the letter doesn't mention children sinning. It doesn't even seem to exclude Jesus. Who is it talking to? Jews and Gentiles, specifically those in the early Christian church in Rome. That is the context.

Now, if you don't believe in Paul, the letter, or that anyone sins, why use it for discussion purposes?
I have no reason to accept that Paul or any other claimed apostle wrote accurate descriptions of claimed supernatural events. I argue against it because the believers want to introduce such things into the school system. They want a particular version of supernaturalism taught as "creation science".

On the other hand, if you believe in the writings of Paul, why corrupt his (alleged), writings with interpretation and supposition? If it's true, believe it. If you need to interpret and rewrite it, maybe start your own denomination?

Of course, if not for hiding behind the cover of a wildly popular set of iron age myths, you would immediately be judged as insane and unfit for these comments.

Imagine saying that because your houseplants told you so.
Holy-Bible.jpg
No, I am saying it because this BOOK says so. Contrary to what your diseased and dead mind and soul tell you. This Book is the final arbiter of right and wrong.

No, I am saying it because this BOOK says so
Exactly what I said.

You are hiding behind the cover of a collection of iron age myths. And that only works for you because they are wildly popular where you live.

So, because of that and only because of that, you are not laughed out of the room every time you open your mouth.

Always remember that.

I have no reason to accept that Paul or any other claimed apostle wrote accurate descriptions of claimed supernatural events. I argue against it because the believers want to introduce such things into the school system. They want a particular version of supernaturalism taught as "creation science".

On the other hand, if you believe in the writings of Paul, why corrupt his (alleged), writings with interpretation and supposition? If it's true, believe it. If you need to interpret and rewrite it, maybe start your own denomination?
Why attack Paul? He became an apostle after Judas Iscariot. His Epistles are very much Canon.

Exactly what I said.

You are hiding behind the cover of a collection of iron age myths. And that only works for you because they are wildly popular where you live.

So, because of that and only because of that, you are not laughed out of the room every time you open your mouth.

Always remember that.
You have zero evidence to defend your pathetic position. Christians, OTOH, have mountains of historical and archaeological PROOF of G-d's existence.

You have zero evidence to defend your pathetic position.
The position that what you said is immoral and insane?

Or that you are only not laughed out of the room and ostracized by normal adults, because those myths are wildly popular where you live?

Be specific.

Nope. The secular world is evil, reprobate and doomed. And G-d does NOT allow slavery, nor rape, but they are pointed out in scripture as historical fact. Plus since you are not born again, your "understanding" of G-d's infallible Word is zero!
God encouraged slavery, rape, incest and torture in the Bible

The secular world has laws against it

Was Paul talking about little children? Was he talking about Jesus? No. He was referencing two peoples: Jews and Gentiles.
I'm not so sure about that. In the verses surrounding 3:23, Paul is referencing the Law and the Prophets. He is addressing the Jews.

He doesn't specifically start addressing Gentiles until 11:13.

Context.

No, He didn't. Boy you are dense.
Sure he did. He gave instructions for it. Not included in the instructions: "Don't own slaves, it's wrong."

Those who owned slaves felt and freely said they had the divine biblical mandate at their backs. They quoted directly from the iron age handbook as support for this.

This was even the case 160 year ago, when we had to murder so many of them that they had to give up owning slaves.

They didn't give up wanting to own slaves, or give up thinking it was their God given right to do so.

They just did enough to stop being murdered en masse.

That's not exactly high praise of their morality, or of the Bible.

Or just completely made up, wholecloth.

All of it. Every single word.
Exactly.

Which brings us back to 12,000 years ago, the advent of civilization, and humans establishing permanent settlements.

And with permanent settlements and an abundant food supply, we see populations increase and infant mortality decrease.

Problem – humans were still subject to crop failures, floods, and famine.

Solution – enact population control; create religious dogma that renders sexual desire ‘sinful’ and subject to punishment.

The Adam and Eve myth is an example of that, particularly how religion vilified women as the facilitators of carnal lust and desire in patriarchal societies.

Sure he did. He gave instructions for it. Not included in the instructions: "Don't own slaves, it's wrong."

Those who owned slaves felt and freely said they had the divine biblical mandate at their backs. They quoted directly from the iron age handbook as support for this.

This was even the case 160 year ago, when we had to murder so many of them that they had to give up owning slaves.

They didn't give up wanting to own slaves, or give up thinking it was their God given right to do so.

They just did enough to stop being murdered en masse.

That's not exactly high praise of their morality, or of the Bible.
How about some quotes? Does Rightwinger have to do everything? Not that he has done a thing.

We're not talking about whether original sin is a real thing. ( It doesn't make much sense to me)
The holy people forsook God when they started worshipping idols. When they ate the fruit of another, we might say.

After Adam and Eve, the entire Old Testament relates the consequences of that sin.

Then Jesus restored their relationship with God.

Forum List

Back