Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

Two sides to every story, two views to every subject. Extremist on both sides are wrong.
No,violence is wrong

Extremism is not. Extremism is a belief or set of beliefs you find extreme.

What you just did there (that very specific bait and switch) is an old,cheap pairlor trick used by conmen. It was a favorite of Rush Limbaugh. Tucker LOVES it.

Sorry, I understand it far more than you do. You've simply cobbled together a set of beliefs that allow you you to make yourself superior to the poor plebes silly enough to believe that God is exactly who H e says He is. Anything you can't undestand becomes an "epic myth".

I haven't denied the virgin birth, but Jesus isn't the immaculate conception... Mary is.

Yea, I've read the beginning of Chapter 3. No Greek reference.
Which Bible are you referencing? I have a Comparative Study Bible where, in verse 9, the reference is Jews and Greeks in two translations, Jews and Gentiles in two translations. What exactly does verse 9 say in your Bible?

No,violence is wrong

Extremism is not. Extremism is a belief or set of beliefs you find extreme.

What you just did there (that very specific bait and switch) is an old,cheap pairlor trick used by conmen. It was a favorite of Rush Limbaugh. Tucker LOVES it.
Violence is an extreme stance, that is all I'm talking about and both sides are extreme.

Violence is an extreme stance, that is all I'm talking about and both sides are extreme.
Okay, which puts us on the same page. But still I had to point out the distinction. So we have to be careful we don't fall into the trap of the bait and switch fallacy I mentioned.

I haven't denied the virgin birth, but Jesus isn't the immaculate conception... Mary is.

See below, you called it an "epic myth".

Surada​

No you aren't. You deny many of the tenets of Christianity. By removing the supernatural from God you deny the story of Creation, you deny the virgin birth, you deny the resurrection. You are a run of the mill deist at best.
Obviously your faith hangs on these epic myths. Do you give much thought to the message?

Noah's flood and the Exodus are epic myths. Don't you know the difference?
JustAGuy1 does not know the difference. He has made that clear.

He literally believes Noah put two of every animal species on a boat.

He literally believes God took some dirt and poofed the first human into existence 6000 years ago.

You can't reason with a person like that.

Only extremely rare elements at the bottom of the table
But none are God. We have seen God though.

'Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.' John 14:8-10

But none are God. We have seen God though.

'Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.' John 14:8-10
Not me….haven’t seen him
Dont know anyone who has

JustAGuy1 does not know the difference. He has made that clear.

He literally believes Noah put two of every animal species on a boat.

He literally believes God took some dirt and poofed the first human into existence 6000 years ago.

You can't reason with a person like that.

Genesis Chapter 7
Take with you seven [1] of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and two of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate,3and also seven of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth.

You are off a bit on your numbers there son.

Noah's flood and the Exodus are epic myths. Don't you know the difference?

Here are your words....again.
No you aren't. You deny many of the tenets of Christianity. By removing the supernatural from God you deny the story of Creation, you deny the virgin birth, you deny the resurrection. You are a run of the mill deist at best.
Obviously your faith hangs on these epic myths. Do you give much thought to the message?

Genesis Chapter 7
Take with you seven [1] of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and two of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate,3and also seven of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth.

You are off a bit on your numbers there son.
I forgot to err on the side of laughably absurd, I admit.

But.you sure didn't. You went full crazy.

Forum List

Back