Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

You assume a lot.

And dogma, religion and philosophy are very different things.

Can one hold a personal philosophy without dogma?

Yes since dogma is more or less groupthink.

Dogma is a set of beliefs accepted without argument by members of a group. I personally do not accept anything without argument and as far as I know there isn't really any organized group of people that all hold my personal philosophy.
I'm assuming that you're not an idiot and have a developed worldview. That's all. Dogma's not a four-letter word. I adhere to certain dogma. And I'm not using the term religion in its strictest sense. That politics is the leftist's religion is a common observation in prose today.

I'm assuming that you're not an idiot and have a developed worldview. That's all. Dogma's not a four-letter word. I adhere to certain dogma. And I'm not using the term religion in its strictest sense. That politics is the leftist's religion is a common observation in prose today.
I do not consider politics a religion even though political dogma exists.

Your resistance to objectively stepping back and regarding something outside your notion of what you've always thought to require a non-literal reading is obvious. The tension in your responses is palpable.

But your attitude is no, no, no, no, no before I've even shown it to you.
And this is why I say we are talking past each other. I was merely trying to understand your position. The only "tension" on my part was, "I don't quite understand what he is saying--and I he doesn't seem to understand what I am saying either."

Your last sentence is a prime example: I never say, let alone think, 'no-no' to anyone's position. I only say no when I am told what I "really" think, or what the Catholic position "really" is.

I couldn't say no to your position even if I was like that because....I don't understand your position, or your point. As you are the one using shouting fonts, I suspect I have frustrated you and I am sorry for that. It is why I am bowing out of any further discussion. I have taken up enough of your time. Thank you for trying.

Liar. I'm a classical liberal. I'm pretty sure you're a statist bootlick.
You‘re a “classic liberal”.
More BS. If you were a classical liberal you wouldn’t be so fking judgemental about others.

Last edited:
People choose to live their lives in various ways. Some are more or less meticulous in following the Law of God given to Moses. Others are more or less meticulous in following the Way Christ taught. Etcetera. What about the Law or the Way is fake?
It’s fake because it’s the law of the privilege and not the laws of an electorate. Religion served a reasonable purpose to make the fear of god a hindrance to stealing livestock and fking your neighbors wife. Now we have governance to keep people from stealing livestock. Religion then has much less relevancy. To claim otherwise is fakery. .

Without spirit, we would all be zombies. How does anyone's prayer affect you? How does even a group prayer affect you? Are you forced to pray?
Seriously ? You’re confusing “ spirit” with “ a spirit”. One can be inspired by a plethora of more worthwhile things then Fear of the gods. Let’s get one thing straight, which god are we talking about. That always confused me.

You deny God's existence.

So who/what created the Universe?

It's a simple question.

Dagosa: "I don't know."

So why did you come on this thread out of nowhere talking trash to folks?

Indeed. You're a pompous, know-nothing bore of a trash-talking weasel.

Dagosa: "That's me to a Tee."

Hey, why don't you tell us about how colons are only used to set off lists again. That was a real hoot.

Dagosa: "I just made that up out of nowhere."

Sort of like how you came on this thread out of nowhere talking trash to folks?

Dagosa: "I'm a hypocrite and a liar and a useless troll."

Indeed! You're not even a funny troll. You're a sourpuss of a vicious little funk blot.

Dagosa: I'm a pontificating loudmouth without anything of value to say.

Indeed! Hey, if you don't know who/what created the Universe, why were you talking smack about Puff the Magic Dragon as if you did?

Dagosa: Because I'm a pompous ass, a bore, a know-nothing Karen of a sissified bitch poodle.

From your piehole to God's Puff's ears.

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
You have way too much free time on your hands….

You deny God's existence.

So who/what created the Universe?

It's a simple question.

So why did you come on this thread out of nowhere talking trash to folks?

Indeed. You're a pompous, know-nothing bore of a trash-talking weasel.

Dagosa: "That's me to a Tee."

Hey, why don't you tell us about how colons are only used to set off lists again. That was a real hoot.

Dagosa: "I just made that up out of nowhere."

Sort of like how you came on this thread out of nowhere talking trash to folks?

Dagosa: "I'm a hypocrite and a liar and a useless troll."

Indeed! You're not even a funny troll. You're a sourpuss of a vicious little funk blot.

Dagosa: I'm a pontificating loudmouth without anything of value to say.

Indeed! Hey, if you don't know who/what created the Universe, why were you talking smack about Puff the Magic Dragon as if you did?

Dagosa: Because I'm a pompous ass, a bore, a know-nothing Karen of a sissified bitch poodle.

From your piehole to God's Puff's ears.

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
It gives me pleasure to know I bother you that much…..but only for the second or two it takes to read the first few lines of your posts. After that, your posts are boring.

And this is why I say we are talking past each other. I was merely trying to understand your position. The only "tension" on my part was, "I don't quite understand what he is saying--and I he doesn't seem to understand what I am saying either."

Your last sentence is a prime example: I never say, let alone think, 'no-no' to anyone's position. I only say no when I am told what I "really" think, or what the Catholic position "really" is.

I couldn't say no to your position even if I was like that because....I don't understand your position, or your point. As you are the one using shouting fonts, I suspect I have frustrated you and I am sorry for that. It is why I am bowing out of any further discussion. I have taken up enough of your time. Thank you for trying.
No. Not at all. Not in the least. Sorry I gave that impression. You have absolutely no reason to apologize. But I'll have to get back to you later. Also, check out post #1,142.

Last edited:
It gives me pleasure to know I bother you that much…..but only for the second or two it takes to read the first few lines of your posts. After that, your posts are boring.
I laugh at you. I open my mouth and guffaw. By the way, how long did you do drugs?

It’s fake because it’s the law of the privilege and not the laws of an electorate. Religion served a reasonable purpose to make the fear of god a hindrance to stealing livestock and fking your neighbors wife. Now we have governance to keep people from stealing livestock. Religion then has much less relevancy. To claim otherwise is fakery. .
Religion is about serving God and one's fellowman--beyond secular law. For example, secular law is that you shall not steal the cow. Religious law extends to how to treat a cow, not to mention how one treats those in need (gleaning is one way).

How do you serve God? (Or, lacking belief, serve the ideal?) How do you care for your fellowman?

None of this is fake, it is the essence of reality for those who put God first.

Religion is about serving God and one's fellowman--beyond secular law. For example, secular law is that you shall not steal the cow. Religious law extends to how to treat a cow, not to mention how one treats those in need (gleaning is one way).

How do you serve God? (Or, lacking belief, serve the ideal?) How do you care for your fellowman?

None of this is fake, it is the essence of reality for those who put God first.

The ideal is fantasy.

The ideal does not exist but in thought alone

Seriously ? You’re confusing “ spirit” with “ a spirit”. One can be inspired by a plethora of more worthwhile things then Fear of the gods. Let’s get one thing straight, which god are we talking about. That always confused me.
Back in ancient times, a common belief is that each person had their own God. Then it became God of a tribe/nation. When Abraham came along, he said there weren't Gods for each person, there was One God of all. Considering the time, it is not surprising the One God of all became known as the God of Abraham.

People of faith believe humans consist of body, mind, and spirit. God is spirit; angels are spirit.

The better translation of 'Fear of the Lord' is Stunning Awe of the Lord.

The better translation of 'Fear of the Lord' is Stunning Awe of the Lord.
Many take the fear of God, literally. It your god is a accompanied by Mia Farrow’s boyfriend, you’re scared shitless. So again, are we talking about the Christian God or other ? Cause the crowd around here that thinks only Christianity is the chosen way, finds it hilariously funny to call me an atheist but says it’s OK to be a non atheist Jew, Muslim etc,
Being slandered from all sides when Christians only disbelieve one more God then I, is puzzling and even greater support for the fallacies that religion produces.

Forum List

Back