Benghazi terrorist captured

What's your definition of there was NO stand down order ever issued.

That FOX Rumor Mill lie was debunked almost immediately, even though the FOX Gossip Channel repeated the lie 85 times after it was debunked.

Gossip is a very dangerous tool. We should be more wary of the gossiper, and not the gossip they're trying to relay to you.
- John Lydon

There were repeated requests for more security weeks before the attack. Denied. Why?

Notice how the goal posts have been moved! That has nothing to do with a "STAND DOWN ORDER" on the day of the attack.

[MENTION=13101]edthecynic[/MENTION]

You believe the Terrorist over General Ham?
I believe Defense Secretary Gates over Ham.

GATES: I think the one place where I might be able to say something useful has to do with some of the talk of the military response. And I listened to the testimony of both Secretary Panetta and General Dempsey, and frankly had I been in the job at the time, I think that my decisions would have been just as theirs were. We don't have a ready force standing by in the Middle East, despite all the turmoil that's going on with planes on strip alert, troops ready to deploy at a moment's notice. And so getting someone there in a timely way would have been very difficult if not impossible.

And frankly I've heard, well, why didn't you just fly a fighter jet over there to scare 'em with the noise or something. Given the number of surface to air missiles that have disappeared from Qaddafi's arsenals I would not have approved sending an aircraft, a single aircraft, over Benghazi under those circumstances.

And with respect to sending in Special Forces or a small group of people to try and provide help, based on everything I've read people really didn't know what was going on in Benghazi contemporaneously, and to send some small number of Special Forces or other troops in without knowing what the environment is, without knowing what the threat is, without having any intelligence in terms of what is actually going on on the ground, I think would have been very dangerous and personally I would not have approved that because we just don't -- it's sort of a cartoonish impression of military capabilities and military forces. The one thing our forces are noted for is planning and preparation before we send people in harm's way, and there just wasn't time.
- May 1, 2013 on CBS' Face the Nation.

Ham was with Panetta ;)

Bammy knew there was no demonstration.

He knew within15 minutes of the attack.

Show me where in your post he claimed there was a demonstration....

Again, notice the deliberate deflection from the "stand down" lie!!! Nuff said!

Notice how the goal posts have been moved! That has nothing to do with a "STAND DOWN ORDER" on the day of the attack.

They were told to remain in Tripoli, nuff said.

The General said it was a Terror attack that had nothing to do with a vdieo....

More lies, nuff said.

From the GOP Majority report:

http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/files/serve?File_id=C4E16543-8F99-430C-BEBA-0045A6433426

V. There was no “stand down” order issued to U.S. military personnel in Tripoli who sought to join the fight in Benghazi. However, because official reviews after the attack were not sufficiently comprehensive, there was confusion about the roles and responsibilities of these individuals.

Show me where your post proves there was a demonstration Ed.

There were repeated requests for more security weeks before the attack. Denied. Why?

I believe Defense Secretary Gates over Ham.

GATES: I think the one place where I might be able to say something useful has to do with some of the talk of the military response. And I listened to the testimony of both Secretary Panetta and General Dempsey, and frankly had I been in the job at the time, I think that my decisions would have been just as theirs were. We don't have a ready force standing by in the Middle East, despite all the turmoil that's going on with planes on strip alert, troops ready to deploy at a moment's notice. And so getting someone there in a timely way would have been very difficult if not impossible.

And frankly I've heard, well, why didn't you just fly a fighter jet over there to scare 'em with the noise or something. Given the number of surface to air missiles that have disappeared from Qaddafi's arsenals I would not have approved sending an aircraft, a single aircraft, over Benghazi under those circumstances.

And with respect to sending in Special Forces or a small group of people to try and provide help, based on everything I've read people really didn't know what was going on in Benghazi contemporaneously, and to send some small number of Special Forces or other troops in without knowing what the environment is, without knowing what the threat is, without having any intelligence in terms of what is actually going on on the ground, I think would have been very dangerous and personally I would not have approved that because we just don't -- it's sort of a cartoonish impression of military capabilities and military forces. The one thing our forces are noted for is planning and preparation before we send people in harm's way, and there just wasn't time.
- May 1, 2013 on CBS' Face the Nation.

Ham was with Panetta ;)

Bammy knew there was no demonstration.

He knew within15 minutes of the attack.

Show me where in your post he claimed there was a demonstration....

Again, notice the deliberate deflection from the "stand down" lie!!! Nuff said!

Mr. Conaway. Did he receive an order to not go from anybody in
your chain of command?

What military people want to do is move to the sound
of the guns. The decision was no_, you have a mission in Tripoli.

http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/files/serve?File_id=AAEBCAA5-4C8F-4820-BACD-2DB9B53C3424

We were discussing the video pussy boy and the entire board can read that.

They were told to remain in Tripoli, nuff said.

The General said it was a Terror attack that had nothing to do with a vdieo....

More lies, nuff said.

http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/files/serve?File_id=C4E16543-8F99-430C-BEBA-0045A6433426

V. There was no “stand down” order issued to U.S. military personnel in Tripoli who sought to join the fight in Benghazi. However, because official reviews after the attack were not sufficiently comprehensive, there was confusion about the roles and responsibilities of these individuals.

So you still believe this was a spontaneous demonstration because of a movie?

According to the terrorist just caught, he reported to the media years ago that the protest STARTED over the video. He should know, unlike you he was there and he was a leader.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/19/w...-attack-scoffs-at-us.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Mr. Abu Khattala, 41, wearing a red fez and sandals, added his own spin. Contradicting the accounts of many witnesses and the most recent account of the Obama administration, he contended that the attack had grown out of a peaceful protest against a video made in the United States that mocked the Prophet Muhammad and Islam.

Last edited:
And another thing......Terrorists should not be tried in our courts under our Constitutional rights. They should be exterminated.

More lies, nuff said.

According to the terrorist just caught, he reported to the media that the protest STARTED over the video. He should know, unlike you he was there and he was a leader.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/19/w...-attack-scoffs-at-us.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Mr. Abu Khattala, 41, wearing a red fez and sandals, added his own spin. Contradicting the accounts of many witnesses and the most recent account of the Obama administration, he contended that the attack had grown out of a peaceful protest against a video made in the United States that mocked the Prophet Muhammad and Islam.

According to the General in charge there was no demonstration over a video you lying prick.

OUR GENERAL IS LYING AND THE TERRORIST IS TELLING THE TRUTH?

More lies, nuff said.

According to the terrorist just caught, he reported to the media years ago that the protest STARTED over the video. He should know, unlike you he was there and he was a leader.

So we're taking the word if terrorists now. Great.

According to the terrorist just caught, he reported to the media that the protest STARTED over the video. He should know, unlike you he was there and he was a leader.

According to the General in charge there was no demonstration over a video you lying prick.

The General, like you, was NOT there.

Right wing Drudge Report who has talked of little but Benghazi for a year, his headline was that the price of chicken is higher.
Oh, and Fox, who also talks of little else, found the capture suspicious. :badgrin:

Last edited:
Right wing Drudge Report who has talked of little but Benghazi for a year, his headline was that the price of chicken is higher.
Oh, and Fox, who also talks of little else, found the capture suspicious. :badgrin:

It is suspicious. The guy hasn't been hiding. He's been giving interviews. Looks to me the movie story was not working so Obama had to do something. It stinks, just like Obama.

It is suspicious. The guy hasn't been hiding. He's been giving interviews. Looks to me the movie story was not working so Obama had to do something. It stinks, just like Obama.

Bullshit. The only thing suspicious is the Right's support of the terrorists. He was protected by the "authorities" in Benghazi. Whenever the US would notify the leadership of Benghazi they were going to nab him, he would be tipped off. This time Obama did not seek permission and made a unilateral attack to get him. For that the GOP attack Obama.

U.S. captures Benghazi suspect in secret raid - The Washington Post

But senior administration officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that they had not informed the Libyan government until after the operation was completed and that it was “a unilateral U.S. operation.”

In October, the administration notified the Libyans prior to the raid in which Ruqai was captured. But violent reaction to that operation led to postponement of plans to capture Abu Khattala days later. At the time, it led to deep frustration within the FBI, which thought it had perhaps lost its best chance to apprehend him.

This time, with Libya still in a state of turmoil, a decision was made not to tell the government in advance. “We have made clear to successive Libyan governments our intention to bring to justice the perpetrators of the attack on our facilities in Benghazi,” one official said. “So it should come as no surprise to the Libyan government that we would take advantage of an opportunity to bring Abu Khattala to face justice.”

Last edited:

Bullshit. The only thing suspicious is the Right's support of the terrorists. He was protected by the "authorities" in Benghazi. Whenever the US would notify the leadership of Benghazi they were going to nab him, he would be tipped off. This time Obama did not seek permission and made a unilateral attack to get him. For that the GOP attack Obama.

U.S. captures Benghazi suspect in secret raid - The Washington Post

But senior administration officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that they had not informed the Libyan government until after the operation was completed and that it was “a unilateral U.S. operation.”

In October, the administration notified the Libyans prior to the raid in which Ruqai was captured. But violent reaction to that operation led to postponement of plans to capture Abu Khattala days later. At the time, it led to deep frustration within the FBI, which thought it had perhaps lost its best chance to apprehend him.

This time, with Libya still in a state of turmoil, a decision was made not to tell the government in advance. “We have made clear to successive Libyan governments our intention to bring to justice the perpetrators of the attack on our facilities in Benghazi,” one official said. “So it should come as no surprise to the Libyan government that we would take advantage of an opportunity to bring Abu Khattala to face justice.”

The NY Times got an interview with him, but Obama couldn't get him. You might want to try that one on naive college kids first, but it's likely even they won't swallow that crap.

The General, like you, was NOT there.

And even if he were there, the fact remains that no ‘crimes’ were committed by Administration officials, that there are no ‘cover ups,’ and that no ‘scandal’ exists concerning ‘Benghazi.’

Forum List

Back