Benghazi Was Obama's 3 a.m. Call

Sean Smith trusted those people too. But he didn't wake up the next morning. And he's not here to take exception to that, but we are.

part of the job, again not really my argument here.

What is your argument? Are you defending the lack of security in Benghazi? Are you saying that Obama isn't responsible to the diplomats that his State Dept. sends out into the world? Who is then?

Its not 3am worthy. Thats it, nothing more, nothing less. You guys are trying to make it into something else.
I mean this is what the 4th time ive had to repeat this?

An attack on a U.S. consulate on 9/11--four people dead, 30 others injured--and 10 other consulates and embassies under threat, and you don't think that is 3 a.m. worthy? Well you see it as you see it. But perhaps you will understand that some of us don't shrug such things off so easily, and we expect our President to not shrug it off and go about business as if nothing really all that serious has happened? And we expect our President to provide adequate security and protection to those he orders into harm's way, most espevcially when they are asking for it?

no i don't see it as 3am worthy. I see it as info i should get when i wake up in the morning, because i have people i trust to take care of things till then.

Good point. Sure wish Obama had chosen people who would have done the job correctly and provided security to the embassies on this important anniversary even if their instincts to appease led them to keep security light on other days.

Most especially when increased security was ordered. But wherever or whenever American citizens are being attacked by terrorists, I want the President advised immediately and I want HIM to give the order to deal with it appropriately. Most especially I want that on a sensitive anniversary like 9/11 and even more especially when we have intelligence advising that a very real threat exists and when our people are asking for increased security.

In President Obama's defense, he might not have known about all that as it has been reported that he rarely attends scheduled security briefings for his benefit. That is hardly a ringing endorsement for his job performance review however.

Didn't you get the memo? Briefings are for the lesser intelligence beings. Obama is above that. Narcissism on display. After all, no need to talk things over with the peons.

Obama alone: This president does not need intel briefers

By Marc A. Thiessen, Published: September 13

How long had it been since President Obama attended his daily intelligence meeting in the lead-up to the Sept. 11 attacks on U.S. diplomatic facilities in Egypt and Libya? After all, our adversaries are known to use the anniversary of 9/11 to target the United States.

According to the public schedule of the president, the last time the Obama attended his daily intelligence meeting was Sept. 5 — a week before Islamist radicals stormed our embassy in Cairo and terrorists killed our ambassador to Tripoli. The president was scheduled to hold the intelligence meeting at 10:50 a.m. Wednesday, the day after the attacks, but it was canceled so that he could comfort grieving employees at the State Department — as well he should. But instead of rescheduling the intelligence briefing for later in the day, Obama apparently chose to skip it altogether and attend a Las Vegas fundraiser for his re-election campaign. One day after a terrorist attack.

Vietor’s reply is quite revealing. It is apparently a point of pride in the White House that Obama’s PDB is “not briefed to him.” In the eyes of this administration, it is a virtue that the president does not meet every day with senior intelligence officials. This president, you see, does not need briefers. He can forgo his daily intelligence meeting because he is, in Vietor’s words, “among the most sophisticated consumers of intelligence on the planet.”

Marc Thiessen: Obama alone: This president does not need intel briefers - The Washington Post

part of the job, again not really my argument here.

What is your argument? Are you defending the lack of security in Benghazi? Are you saying that Obama isn't responsible to the diplomats that his State Dept. sends out into the world? Who is then?

Its not 3am worthy. Thats it, nothing more, nothing less. You guys are trying to make it into something else.

Or could your real argument be that you want Obama to bear no responsibility?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

I think you might be on to something.

well no, thats not what i am after, But hey why bother and just speculate!

U.S. officials sought security before Libya attack: lawmakers | Reuters

Their letter said unarmed Libyan guards employed at the Benghazi mission were warned by their family members to quit their jobs in the weeks before the assault, "because there were rumors in the community of an impending attack."

I see what happened here. They asked for more security and was denied because Rumors where not a legit reason to amp up security.

I guess one has to wonder how many reports of rumors these people receive and what do they do to weed out actual threats. Thats a hard job to do, and sadly it cost people their lives because the judgment call went the wrong way.

That's really not Obama's fault unless you can prove he had a hand in saying no to more security.

Of course this is an honest look at things and not full of hyperbole so it will be ignored.

Their letter said unarmed Libyan guards employed at the Benghazi mission were warned by their family members to quit their jobs in the weeks before the assault, "because there were rumors in the community of an impending attack."

I see what happened here. They asked for more security and was denied because Rumors where not a legit reason to amp up security.

I guess one has to wonder how many reports of rumors these people receive and what do they do to weed out actual threats. Thats a hard job to do, and sadly it cost people their lives because the judgment call went the wrong way.

That's really not Obama's fault unless you can prove he had a hand in saying no to more security.

Of course this is an honest look at things and not full of hyperbole so it will be ignored.

Nice to know youa are not like those on the left that claim Bush ignored warning about 9-11.

Nice to know youa are not like those on the left that claim Bush ignored warning about 9-11.

no he did, but its hard to make judgment calls based on the info given. Do you prepare for whatever in the hopes nothing happens? Do you do nothing and hope nothing happens and you end up a fool?

These are more complex issues than: OMG 3am!!!!!

no he did, but its hard to make judgment calls based on the info given. Do you prepare for whatever in the hopes nothing happens? Do you do nothing and hope nothing happens and you end up a fool?

So Obama was a fool? Thanks for admitting that.

nope. but you go ahead and think that. you can't prove obama made the call.

nope. but you go ahead and think that. you can't prove obama made the call.

Don't need to prove anything. We have all the evidence we need to know that Obama's incompotence cause the death of americans, including an ambassador.

So maybe having Al Qaeda guard our Middle East Embassies is not such a great idea?

Huh. Go figure

Do you not see your own hypocrisy here? Are you that much of a partisan hack that you can't see that you're holding Bush to one standard and Obama to another?

no it wasn't his 3am call. Well it literally might have been given the time difference, but seriously it wasn't.

A 3am call is China is about to launch a nuke at us.
You people have zero perspective. Everything is an emergency and OMG to the extreme.

Gosh we are such jerks for being upset over our presidential administration's lack of actions leading to americans getting killed when it could have been avoided if they only reacted to the intelligence they had and beefed up security @ our embassies on 9/11.

:confused:

who said you can't be upset? i am just saying its not that OMG extreme that you people want to try to pretend it is.

Look i get it. Had this been Bush or another righty the left would be doing the samething. Treated this as a national crisis. Its not.

I think it actually is a national crisis if this is how Obama is handling all the threats from terrorist organizations who aren't "big political targets" like bin laden was.

Gosh we are such jerks for being upset over our presidential administration's lack of actions leading to americans getting killed when it could have been avoided if they only reacted to the intelligence they had and beefed up security @ our embassies on 9/11.

:confused:

who said you can't be upset? i am just saying its not that OMG extreme that you people want to try to pretend it is.

Look i get it. Had this been Bush or another righty the left would be doing the samething. Treated this as a national crisis. Its not.

I think it actually is a national crisis if this is how Obama is handling all the threats from terrorist organizations who aren't "big political targets" like bin laden was.

The "national crisis" hidden inside the foreign policy crisis is that we don't have anyone in Washington actually paying attention to what's going on with our assets around the world. The Libya team was asking for security. The State Department had been told that their were serious concerns about the company that had been contracted by Libya and their response was that they weren't going to get involved.
Like so very much else about the Obama administration, the Executive branch chose to delegate their responsibility. That's become Obama's pattern. Shuffle the work off to others so he can enjoy the celebrity of office. It's lots more fun to hang with the girls on The View or Beyonce than it is to meet with world leaders.

The "national crisis" hidden inside the foreign policy crisis is that we don't have anyone in Washington actually paying attention to what's going on with our assets around the world. The Libya team was asking for security. The State Department had been told that their were serious concerns about the company that had been contracted by Libya and their response was that they weren't going to get involved.
Like so very much else about the Obama administration, the Executive branch chose to delegate their responsibility. That's become Obama's pattern. Shuffle the work off to others so he can enjoy the celebrity of office. It's lots more fun to hang with the girls on The View or Beyonce than it is to meet with world leaders.

Most especially it is more fun to be on the View or on Letterman or playing golf that it is to meet with world leaders when you don't have a clue what's going on or how the United States should fit into it. That could make it really embarrassing to meet with world leaders who do have a clue. It is always more fun to vacation or play than it is to do a job we don't know how to do. (Think how miserable it is when we are trying to do something that really needs to be done, and we don't know how to do it.)

I don't think it is too much to ask the President of the United States to focus on learning how to do his job, though. How many of us would keep an employee who hadn't caught onto his/her job within four weeks, let alone four years? And yet Obama thinks he should continue in his on the job training program and bless their hearts, his worshippers seem to agree with him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back