Bernie preaches about free stuff..

They're still farming whatever percentage is left.

And working-class people (Walmart employees being the most highly-publicized example) who rely on SNAP benefits to make sure their kids eat work all the hours they're given.

Who do you admire more - the small percentage of farmers who refuse "free stuff" or those who can't get enough of it?

Walmart, etc. employees aren't making sure their kids eat.

Surveyed them yourself, did you? Post your findings.

Again, which farmers do you admire - the ones who refuse subsidies or the takers?

How's the hedge fund business treating you these days?

With reference to post # 42 which I made earlier, my point is this. Most folks with a high school education or higher understand that there is no such thing as a free lunch. I recall back during Obama's first run, a news person was interviewing a Latino young woman who had stormed the border and had made it to California. He asked her a simple question, "why have you come to America"? Her response was, "America is free". Freedom had nothing to do with the response, just the fact that she truly expected America to be a free ride.

You had to work really hard to misinterpret what she said.

I amso IR responds; Not very hard as I was listening and heard what others said. Perhaps you viewed the same broadcast and had a different take, Either way, the same thought applies. She, does that bother you, she? She thought America was free to all poor and disheveled hand me downs which is far from the truth. The working class working while the ner do's, do not. It honestly is that simple. You refuse to accept that therefore you fit right in with taking what I have worked for. And yes, tho I am skilled laborer, a trade, it has provided nicely for my family and self.

With reference to post # 42 which I made earlier, my point is this. Most folks with a high school education or higher understand that there is no such thing as a free lunch. I recall back during Obama's first run, a news person was interviewing a Latino young woman who had stormed the border and had made it to California. He asked her a simple question, "why have you come to America"? Her response was, "America is free". Freedom had nothing to do with the response, just the fact that she truly expected America to be a free ride.

You had to work really hard to misinterpret what she said.

I amso IR responds; Not very hard as I was listening and heard what others said. Perhaps you viewed the same broadcast and had a different take, Either way, the same thought applies. She, does that bother you, she? She thought America was free to all poor and disheveled hand me downs which is far from the truth. The working class working while the ner do's, do not. It honestly is that simple. You refuse to accept that therefore you fit right in with taking what I have worked for. And yes, tho I am skilled laborer, a trade, it has provided nicely for my family and self.
Unless you equate "freedom" with "free stuff," again, you're imputing to her words something it's likely she didn't intend.

Emma Lazarus's poem says:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free..."

There's nothing there about "free stuff."

When your ancestors came to this country, did they say "Yeah, we're going to America because we'll get free stuff"? Or did they say "We're going to America so that we'll have the opportunity to live free of the poverty and oppression that weigh us down in the country where we were born"?

Seriously, does "freedom" mean "free stuff" to you? That's just sad.

They're still farming whatever percentage is left.

And working-class people (Walmart employees being the most highly-publicized example) who rely on SNAP benefits to make sure their kids eat work all the hours they're given.

Who do you admire more - the small percentage of farmers who refuse "free stuff" or those who can't get enough of it?

Walmart, etc. employees aren't making sure their kids eat.

Surveyed them yourself, did you? Post your findings.

Again, which farmers do you admire - the ones who refuse subsidies or the takers?

How's the hedge fund business treating you these days?

Don't have to. All I need to to is look at what YOU said about them using SNAP benefits. If they are using them, they aren't making sure their kids eat, the taxpayers are making sure that happens. Going out and buying it is the easy part especially when someone else is footing the bill.

I admire any farmer. They work very hard and grow things you eat that you would otherwise have to grow yourself. Like I said before, even if they are only farming 50% of their land, that's 50% more work to do what they do than welfare leeches do to get a check.

I won't ask who you admire. I already know.

Don't have to. All I need to to is look at what YOU said about them using SNAP benefits. If they are using them, they aren't making sure their kids eat, the taxpayers are making sure that happens. Going out and buying it is the easy part especially when someone else is footing the bill.

Migod, a breakthrough! You've finally realized that you're not only paying the Waltons' taxes directly - when they get a $6 billion a year tax break - but you're compensating their employees for what Sam's grandkids refuse to pay them.

I've been trying to get you to see that for over a week, and you finally got it - congratulations!

I admire any farmer. They work very hard and grow things you eat that you would otherwise have to grow yourself.

Especially the ones who game the system, right? Take the government check and farm nothing in order to keep consumer prices artificially inflated. Then hire illegals to harvest the crops on the land they're actually working. Yes, I can see where that business model would appeal to you.

Migod, a breakthrough! You've finally realized that you're not only paying the Waltons' taxes directly - when they get a $6 billion a year tax break - but you're compensating their employees for what Sam's grandkids refuse to pay them.

Sam's grandkids can't refuse to pay them something their skills aren't worth. That's the Liberal problem. You think you can determine what a business you don't own pays the people that work for it. I've offered a solution. If the Walmart employees have only the skills to do that type of job, that's their fault. If what they get paid equivalent to those skills isn't cutting it for them, that's their fault and not the job of the taxpayers to fund it for them.

I've been trying to get you to see that for over a week, and you finally got it - congratulations!

I admire any farmer. They work very hard and grow things you eat that you would otherwise have to grow yourself.

Especially the ones who game the system, right? Take the government check and farm nothing in order to keep consumer prices artificially inflated. Then hire illegals to harvest the crops on the land they're actually working. Yes, I can see where that business model would appeal to you.

Are you saying those who don't farm have then prices of their goods inflated?

Sam's grandkids can't refuse to pay them something their skills aren't worth. That's the Liberal problem. You think you can determine what a business you don't own pays the people that work for it. I've offered a solution. If the Walmart employees have only the skills to do that type of job, that's their fault. If what they get paid equivalent to those skills isn't cutting it for them, that's their fault and not the job of the taxpayers to fund it for them.

You, the guy buying tomatoes in his local supermarket, are having your prices inflated, correct.

You, the guy buying tomatoes in his local supermarket, are having your prices inflated, correct.

That would be the case if I actually bought my tomatoes, and lots of other things, in the local supermarket.

That would be the case if I actually bought my tomatoes, and lots of other things, in the local supermarket.
Metaphors be with you...I figured even you would understand it. Guess not.

So what do you do, order your tomatoes online?

Metaphors be with you...I figured even you would understand it. Guess not.

So what do you do, order your tomatoes online?

Ever heard of a garden? You probably haven't. I didn't figure you would understand my response. Guess not.

The tomato metaphor was just that...a metaphor, but since you didn't get it, we'll stick to things you can hold in your hand.

Do you buy anything in retail stores?

If you think my response dealt only with a specific object, you didn't get the response.

No. What next?

Really? So you keep chickens and cows? Slaughter them yourself? Weave your own clothes out of the cotton you pick from your own fields? How do you have time to post here?

The tomato metaphor was just that...a metaphor, but since you didn't get it, we'll stick to things you can hold in your hand.

If you think my response dealt only with a specific object, you didn't get the response.

No. What next?

Really? So you keep chickens and cows? Slaughter them yourself? Weave your own clothes out of the cotton you pick from your own fields? How do you have time to post here?

Actually, I gather my own eggs from a friend's farm and the meat I consume is deer meat I got from hunting.

One does not necessarily have to shop retail in order to buy clothes.

No. What next?

Actually, I gather my own eggs from a friend's farm and the meat I consume is deer meat I got from hunting.

Salvation Army and swap meets? Very resourceful!

No. What next?

You sure do think you know a lot about for which you don't know shit.

No. What next?

See question mark? Question mark = question. People scared of questions tend to lash out. You did.

It's been a fun sidebar, but it's time to reiterate: It's not "free stuff."

You people would have a lot more credibility (i.e., more than -0-) if you'd knock off the baby-talk.

No. What next?

See question mark? Question mark = question. People scared of questions tend to lash out. You did.

It's been a fun sidebar, but it's time to reiterate: It's not "free stuff."

You people would have a lot more credibility (i.e., more than -0-) if you'd knock off the baby-talk.

You asked a question that really isn't any of your damn business. That's the problem with your type. You think you need to know something that falls under the concept of fuck off. I don't answer your question for that reason. Your kind doesn't scare me one bit.

It is free stuff when the one getting it isn't paying for it. Perhaps you can tell me how much some food stamp recipient has paid in the taxes that fund the food stamps they receive.

Forum List

Back