Bernie Responds to Rand Paul's Budget Proposal "that calls for tax breaks for the wealthy and massive cuts to programs the American people need"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Rand Paul's proposal balances the budget in five years on the backs of the middle class with cuts to medicare, medicaid, and education

these two senators were just agreeing on drug pricing reform the other day, now they're not bro's anymore again

Are we talking about the guy that stalled the aid for the 9 11 responders? That was disgusting.

The truth is, we would have to cut govt spending by much more than that to stave off what's coming & even then it's probably too late.
Even if they weren't purposely trying to implode our economy currently, the whole thing would fall under it's own weight anyway. They made it into a Ponzi scheme & the elites have cashed out while the masses are still on the bottom, in the shit out of luck spot.

It's not if the economy crashes, it's when & it's not just the math now, it's the physics of massive crushing debt combined with very little manufacturing capabilities, supply chain & production chokes, ever increasing energy costs with decreased production capacity & the inflation cycle we are only starting to feel.

This is going to make 2008 feel like a beach vacation

It doesn't matter. You take care of all their medical needs. What you want is for peoe to sacrifice, for free. That's anti American.

Rand Paul's proposal balances the budget in five years on the backs of the middle class with cuts to medicare, medicaid, and education

these two senators were just agreeing on drug pricing reform the other day, now they're not bro's anymore again

Jokes on you, Biden's inflation means the wealthy won't be paying ANY taxes this year.

Rand is right. Bernie should shut the fuck up.
Rand is a stupid ass piece of shit. You know, he doesn't even have a college degree. Yeah, he is a doctor, but he went to medical school, at Duke no less, when they took students that didn't have an undergraduate degree. But he is a fawking eye doctor. I mean that is a damn joke. To be honest, a phlebotomist probably has more training. And obviously, he ain't worth a shit at that because if he was halfway decent, he could make more money working at flippin Walmart.

But hey, thanks for stepping out from behind the curtain. Paul has unwittingly revealed the true goal of the Republicans. They have to make the Trump income tax cuts permanent, they sunset on January 1, 2026. So while Rand's proposal cuts Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, food assistance, it also slyly makes the Trump income tax cuts permanent, at a cost of 2 trillion dollars over ten years.

Wait, did I say cost? Yep, sure bud did. See, they had to sunset those tax cuts because the COST would have been significantly higher if they made them permanent. So much for claiming the tax cuts paid for themselves. And the worse part, well the tax cut at the highest bracket, it don't sunset. So hey, no worries if you are part of the one percent.

Rand's own website kind of reveals his ignorance. He proclaims that the federal deficit has doubled, and I guess it has. But in the very next sentence he says that the interest expense on the debt has increased by 32%. It is like, wait, our debt as doubled and our interest cost has only went up by a third. Hell, they call that a buy one get TWO free sale where I come from.

But Ryan's proposal has given me an epiphany. Republicans cannot possible do anything about inflation, they have to oppose democrat proposals at every turn. Their entire existence is dependent on this midterm election. They don't need majorities in both the house and the senate, they need veto proof majorities. They absolutely have to make those tax cuts permanent.

I mean imagine. Hell, perhaps they even take back the executive office in 2024 and swear in a new president in 2025, shit, it might even be Trump, LOL. January 2026 rolls around and those tax cuts sunset. The effect is immediate as withholding rates increase the very first week. All those morons that voted for Trump and Republicans will immediately feel the impact as their check from the chicken plant drops by double digits. And from every rooftop there will be Democrats reminding everyone that Bezos, Gates, and Zuckerberg got to keep their tax cut. Finally, the Republican party will be wearing no clothes and parading through the streets. The midterms in 2026 will be like the those of 1854 and will signal the end of the Republican party.

The historical similarities are stark. The death knell of the Whig party were the Know Nothings, aptly named and could easily be applied to the new Republican "Trump party". Opposition of immigration their primary position. The Know Nothings were called the American Party, and in 1854 they ran 76 candidates for Congress, 35 won. The Whigs ran six, they all lost.

The Trump Republican party has now positioned itself as the American party. The old guard of the Republican party, like Cheney, are destined to be replaced, we have seen as much in the midterm primaries. They will have victories in 2022, just like the American party in 1854. But with Filmore's loss in 1856 and a SCOTUS decision called Dred Scott, they were done for, and by 1860 they were delegated to the trash heap of history, the Republican party's ultimate destination. Happy traveling.

You think a phlebotomist has more training than an ophthalmologist?

Was your brain injury recent? Or did it happen a while ago?
I am saying an ophthalmologist is the easiest route to being called a doctor. The training required fails to meet the requirements for a "real" doctor, rather it is one practices internal medicine or one with a Phd in material science.

Rand's own website kind of reveals his ignorance. He proclaims that the federal deficit has doubled, and I guess it has. But in the very next sentence he says that the interest expense on the debt has increased by 32%. It is like, wait, our debt as doubled and our interest cost has only went up by a third.

Well, interest rates have been pretty low lately. It was in all the papers.

Hell, they call that a buy one get TWO free sale where I come from.

Hell, that only works until interest rates go up. Like they did today. LOL!

I am saying an ophthalmologist is the easiest route to being called a doctor. The training required fails to meet the requirements for a "real" doctor, rather it is one practices internal medicine or one with a Phd in material science.

So you lied about the whole phlebotomist claim.

Rand is a stupid ass piece of shit. You know, he doesn't even have a college degree. Yeah, he is a doctor, but he went to medical school, at Duke no less, when they took students that didn't have an undergraduate degree. But he is a fawking eye doctor. I mean that is a damn joke. To be honest, a phlebotomist probably has more training. And obviously, he ain't worth a shit at that because if he was halfway decent, he could make more money working at flippin Walmart.

But hey, thanks for stepping out from behind the curtain. Paul has unwittingly revealed the true goal of the Republicans. They have to make the Trump income tax cuts permanent, they sunset on January 1, 2026. So while Rand's proposal cuts Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, food assistance, it also slyly makes the Trump income tax cuts permanent, at a cost of 2 trillion dollars over ten years.

Wait, did I say cost? Yep, sure bud did. See, they had to sunset those tax cuts because the COST would have been significantly higher if they made them permanent. So much for claiming the tax cuts paid for themselves. And the worse part, well the tax cut at the highest bracket, it don't sunset. So hey, no worries if you are part of the one percent.

Rand's own website kind of reveals his ignorance. He proclaims that the federal deficit has doubled, and I guess it has. But in the very next sentence he says that the interest expense on the debt has increased by 32%. It is like, wait, our debt as doubled and our interest cost has only went up by a third. Hell, they call that a buy one get TWO free sale where I come from.

But Ryan's proposal has given me an epiphany. Republicans cannot possible do anything about inflation, they have to oppose democrat proposals at every turn. Their entire existence is dependent on this midterm election. They don't need majorities in both the house and the senate, they need veto proof majorities. They absolutely have to make those tax cuts permanent.

I mean imagine. Hell, perhaps they even take back the executive office in 2024 and swear in a new president in 2025, shit, it might even be Trump, LOL. January 2026 rolls around and those tax cuts sunset. The effect is immediate as withholding rates increase the very first week. All those morons that voted for Trump and Republicans will immediately feel the impact as their check from the chicken plant drops by double digits. And from every rooftop there will be Democrats reminding everyone that Bezos, Gates, and Zuckerberg got to keep their tax cut. Finally, the Republican party will be wearing no clothes and parading through the streets. The midterms in 2026 will be like the those of 1854 and will signal the end of the Republican party.

The historical similarities are stark. The death knell of the Whig party were the Know Nothings, aptly named and could easily be applied to the new Republican "Trump party". Opposition of immigration their primary position. The Know Nothings were called the American Party, and in 1854 they ran 76 candidates for Congress, 35 won. The Whigs ran six, they all lost.

The Trump Republican party has now positioned itself as the American party. The old guard of the Republican party, like Cheney, are destined to be replaced, we have seen as much in the midterm primaries. They will have victories in 2022, just like the American party in 1854. But with Filmore's loss in 1856 and a SCOTUS decision called Dred Scott, they were done for, and by 1860 they were delegated to the trash heap of history, the Republican party's ultimate destination. Happy traveling.
Calm down, Karl.

Forum List

Back