Bernie Sanders Bashes Uber, Uses It For All His ‘Taxi’ Rides

Not awkward. Hypocritical and liar are the correct terms you are looking for.

Can you quote this "hypocrisy"? Can you spell it out?

I couldn't either.

Amazing how people just run with headlines, without bothering to read what's in them.

Unions, but no one is surprised that you couldn't make such an easy connection.

So you're saying there's some kind of unions connection here, just because a minute ago you posted the word "unions" on a message board?

That's IT?

Life so simple for some.

Are you this upset that bernie is a lying hypocrite or are you in partisan denial? You don't have to answer.

I'm simply pointing out what I always point out around here -- that claims made in the OP do not exist in his own source material, and that faced with refutation of an unsupported point, certain wags will double down on denial and continue to wax the ipse dixit carrot, rather than admit they've been duped by their own failure to read their own links.
This is the latin-wielding debate cop route. That, too should be supported by the facts of the matter.

None the less shocking, Bernie Sanders is not the new fresh hope all of his drooling Marxist followers think he is. He is, in fact, another hypocrite politician preaching one thing and doing another. Just a couple of months ago he was sucking up to unions by bashing Uber, but his campaign finance reports show Uber is his only taxi service.

Which Candidates Are Taking Uber to Luxury Hotels?

You might wanna read your own links. Even the link used as a reference (Daily Caller, Tucker Carlson's hyperventilating rag) only quotes him as having "serious problems" with Uber due to it's being "unregulated". The rest of the piece doesn't even mention the connection at all. And then the Bloomberg link IT refers to quotes exactly the same phrase, and again IT goes into no further detail.

And neither article makes any such connection to "unions". You made that up.

Always read your own material before somebody else does if you want to maintain credibility.

/thread
C'mon, you know Sanders is on union payroll and you should know unions are trying to ban uber.

None of the articles make any such connection. The OP made it up.

Go ahead -- check me.
sanders uber - Google Search
sanders union - Google Search

Sanders made it up himself.

You do understand that posting Google search results is meaningless, right?

None the less shocking, Bernie Sanders is not the new fresh hope all of his drooling Marxist followers think he is. He is, in fact, another hypocrite politician preaching one thing and doing another. Just a couple of months ago he was sucking up to unions by bashing Uber, but his campaign finance reports show Uber is his only taxi service.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/s/91770/which-candidates-are-taking-uber-luxury-hotels

If you read the actual interview instead of relying on secondary sources, you'll see he's not "bashing" Uber, he's commenting on the fact that it's unregulated.

Essentially anyone with a driver's license can work for Uber. There have been numerous incidents of Uber drivers committing crimes.

Maybe some of you don't mind getting into a car with a mugger or a rapist, but other people are a little more cautious.

I couldn't either.

Amazing how people just run with headlines, without bothering to read what's in them.

So you're saying there's some kind of unions connection here, just because a minute ago you posted the word "unions" on a message board?

That's IT?

Life so simple for some.

Are you this upset that bernie is a lying hypocrite or are you in partisan denial? You don't have to answer.

I'm simply pointing out what I always point out around here -- that claims made in the OP do not exist in his own source material, and that faced with refutation of an unsupported point, certain wags will double down on denial and continue to wax the ipse dixit carrot, rather than admit they've been duped by their own failure to read their own links.

No problem. I just took it a step further with his love for unions and figured most could make that deduction.

I couldn't either.

That's IT?

Life so simple for some.

You are really struggling with the whole reading thing...

Perhaps it will never come to you. Move on, just focus on simple stuff.

I couldn't either.

That's IT?

Life so simple for some.

This is the latin-wielding debate cop route. That, too should be supported by the facts of the matter.

This is, if possible, even less coherent than your last post. Again, no point made at all.

I take it you're flummoxed by my use of the term ipse dixit. Like it or not it's part of English now; if you don't know what it means, look it up. That said, if you're proposing we speak without Latin-derived vocabulary, you're going to end up pretty much mute. Tant pis.

Frankly I thought "wax the ipse dixit carrot" was inspired. I kill me.

Lots of various Unions donate to BS. However, One could argue they do it because he is somewhat of a protectionist.

I couldn't either.

That's IT?

Life so simple for some.

No problem. I just took it a step further with his love for unions and figured most could make that deduction.

Ah so you're making an asssssss-umption, and backing it up with the old "everybody knows" fallacy.

Immaterial. It's not in the articles. Period.

You might wanna read your own links. Even the link used as a reference (Daily Caller, Tucker Carlson's hyperventilating rag) only quotes him as having "serious problems" with Uber due to it's being "unregulated". The rest of the piece doesn't even mention the connection at all. And then the Bloomberg link IT refers to quotes exactly the same phrase, and again IT goes into no further detail.

Always read your own material before somebody else does if you want to maintain credibility.

/thread
C'mon, you know Sanders is on union payroll and you should know unions are trying to ban uber.

Go ahead -- check me.

Uh sorry -- a link to google searching makes no point at all. We all have Googles.
The point is that there's no reason to rely on the cited article alone. Isn't there some latin word for that fallacy?

/thread

Go ahead -- check me.

I thought it was useless to pretend the OP's source was limited. That's the meaning in the dozens of corroborating results.

/thread

Go ahead -- check me.

I thought it was useless to pretend the OP's source was limited. That's the meaning in the dozens of corroborating results.

If you search for "the queen of England is a shapeshifting lizard alien", you'll get "dozens of corroborating results" from Google, too.

latest

:)

I couldn't either.

That's IT?

Life so simple for some.

I'm rather perturbed that you think your allegations are reality

That's IT?

Life so simple for some.

This is, if possible, even less coherent than your last post. Again, no point made at all.

I take it you're flummoxed by my use of the term ipse dixit. Like it or not it's part of English now; if you don't know what it means, look it up. That said, if you're proposing we speak without Latin-derived vocabulary, you're going to end up pretty much mute. Tant pis.

Frankly I thought "wax the ipse dixit carrot" was inspired. I kill me.
It was that you were being obtuse.

/thread

Go ahead -- check me.

Uh sorry -- a link to google searching makes no point at all. We all have Googles.
The point is that there's no reason to rely on the cited article alone. Isn't there some latin word for that fallacy?

Umm.... the cited article is exactly the OP's point. So I did what he failed to do --- I actually read that article, as well as the articles his link linked to. And what he claims simply does not exist there. Thus his claim is baseless.

Now if he wanted a source that backed up his OP claim .... he should have found such a source. But linking to that obscure site called the Google Search Engine proves absolutely nothing. The onus is on the claimant to back up what he says. And it's not there. Ain't rocket surgery.

Go ahead -- check me.

If you search for "the queen of England is a shapeshifting lizard alien", you'll get "dozens of corroborating results" from Google, too.

I got forty-seven thousand five hundred.

Where's the outrage, Britain!?

Lots of various Unions donate to BS. However, One could argue they do it because he is somewhat of a protectionist.
They do it cause he's an old-school labor liberal democrat. It's like the 70s.

Nope, wrong again. Bernie's never been a Democrat (which is a proper noun btw). His first electoral win (mayor of Burlington) unseated a sitting Democrat, and in every other since defeated both Democrats and Republicans. One election, the Dems and Repubs actually got together and ran a joint candidate against him. He still won.

Go ahead -- check me.

Umm.... the cited article is exactly the OP's point. So I did what he failed to do --- I actually read that article, as well as the articles his link linked to. And what he claims simply does not exist there. Thus his claim is baseless.

Now if he wanted a source that backed up his OP claim .... he should have found such a source. But linking to that obscure site called the Google Search Engine proves absolutely nothing. The onus is on the claimant to back up what he says. And it's not there. Ain't rocket surgery.
I guess. I never liked when the referee disturbed the outcome of the game.

Without reading any articles, I searched google and saw Sanders made news coming out against Uber in Aug. His qualms... from skimming the first page of google results... are the same laundry list they used in NV and Broward, FL vs Uber. There are a few recent articles pointing to this sloppiness in his campaign's transportation decisions. The other search vindicates that he's heavily funded by unions.

I think sanders should clean that up. His campaign should call teamsters to move their furniture around.

Forum List

Back