Bernie Sanders: We Will Raise Taxes On Anyone Making Over $29,000 To Fund Government Health Care

How many times do I have to note that I am perfectly willing to pay my share.

That's what they all say but like you none have cut a check, shocker. I see you have internet service, cancel it and send the money to Bernie.

Cut a check for what? There is nothing to cut a check for. I pay for my health care now. Why do you think I wouldn't with another (better) system?

The fact doctors want MORE profit, does not at all imply there is no profit in treating government patients.

Wow are you out of touch with the facts. :cuckoo: I know doctors who throw government patient claims in the trash because it cost more to process the claim for reimbursement than government pays.

That's what they all say but like you none have cut a check, shocker. I see you have internet service, cancel it and send the money to Bernie.

Cut a check for what? There is nothing to cut a check for. I pay for my health care now. Why do you think I wouldn't with another (better) system?

Millions don't have health insurance. If all you bleeding heart universal healthcare advocates sent YOUR money to Bernie everyone could have health insurance tomorrow. Not a chance in hell am I right, hence I call BS on the whole thing.

Millions don't have health insurance. If all you bleeding heart universal healthcare advocates sent YOUR money to Bernie everyone could have health insurance tomorrow. Not a chance in hell am I right, hence I call BS on the whole thing.

No they couldn't. Bernie alone can not do this. Millions have sent him money to see that it gets done though.

Why don't you mooching deadbeats get a job and pay for your own health insurance like everyone else. I'm not going to pay for YOUR health insurance, or your damn cable bill or buy your groceries snowflakes.

Too late. You do now.

I point and laugh at mooching Dem's. Some states don't have a state income tax I live in one on purpose :muahaha:

They get their taxes in other ways.
every time the GOP has cut taxes on the rich the last 35 years and passed it on with less federal aid to states and localities, state and local taxes have gone up which kills the non-rich. so now we have a flat tax system if you count all taxes, not the garbage you're told. Google the only tax graph you need to know and stop being a goddamn idiot, oops brain washed functional idiot.

Liar.

Why should anyone have to pay more for universal health care when they are paying twice as much for private insurance now anyway?Universal health care does NOT cost more, but about half as much.

Because its a crisis. All you bleeding hearts who want universal healthcare send Sanders and Warren $10,000 right now, people are dying for Christ sake. Send it priority overnight, save lives.

Not a damn one of you will, that tells me all I need to know about the left. :eusa_hand:

I disagree.
When medical providers are only paid a third of what they charge, they are not operating at a loss.
It is just that they have jacked up their bills by over 4 times what they should be.

The savings that would pay for medicare for all would be the billions currently wasted on filling out private insurance claims, prepaying premiums, tax exempt employer benefits, incredibly jacked up provider charges, profit skimming by insurance companies and medical corporation monopolies, etc.
Other countries prove health care costs can be cut in half and still provide better quality service.

Nobody has better healthcare than the US when it comes to quality.

I'm a patient at the world famous Cleveland Clinic. In fact, was just there yesterday to get checked out. When you go to their downtown campus, you are the one who feels like a foreigner.

It's not just patients, it's doctors as well. They either come here from their socialized medical care countries to make some real money, or come here, get educated, and never return home. So because of our system, we draw the best talent from around the world.

My sister works there as well. She can testify to the amount of Canadian patients at the Clinic looking for some relief that they couldn't get in their socialized medical care country. In fact, all our northern hospitals have Canadian patients.

So you can't tell me of another country that's problem-less either. They all have either extremely slow services, low quality equipment, medications we quit using decades ago, or outright refuse to treat some people. Nobody has a perfect medial system, including ours.

Not at all true.
The US is ranked something like 29th in health care.
Medical tourism FROM the US is 100 times higher than people coming to the US for medical care.
The only people coming to the US for medical care are the very wealthy who want elite care.
That is not what most people in the US get.
The US has over 100,000 a year dying from medical malpractice, and is one of the worst in the world for health care quality.
The fact we pay physicians more does not mean we get better quality health care.
The mortage defaults were never allowed to refinance.
The bubble busting made their home not worth enough for them to qualify.
They owed more than the home was worth.
But they still would have kept making their old payments because they would want to protect their down payment.
But they could not make the new ARM payments that as much as doubled.

There were no 1% interest mortgages.
They lowest mortgages during the bubble were around 8%, and the bust made them jump to over 15%.
The drop to 3% did not happen until years later, when there were so many foreclosures that banks had to eventually drop rates.

Almost no one took out real estate loans they could not afford.
They were making the payments successfully, and could have continued doing so.
It was their rates being jack up deceptively by ARM loans that forced them to default.
Do you think they just wanted to throw away their down payment and years of monthly payments?
They liked being make homeless?

Again, read about the LIBOR scandal.
Libor scandal - Wikipedia

But they could not make the new ARM payments that as much as doubled.

If you can only afford the teaser rate.....chances are you got a bad mortgage.

There were no 1% interest mortgages.

There were definitely mortgages with very low teaser rates as well as negative amortization mortgages.

They lowest mortgages during the bubble were around 8%,

If rates were 8% or higher, the bubble wouldn't have happened.

and the bust made them jump to over 15%.

You're lying.

It was their rates being jack up deceptively by ARM loans that forced them to default.

Deceptively? LOL!
When was the last time you took out a mortgage?
The pages and pages of rate disclosure documents are hard to miss.

Do you think they just wanted to throw away their down payment and years of monthly payments?

Many had very low or no down payment at all.

First of all, teaser rates most definitely ARE DECEPTIVE and not the fault of the borrower.
Second is that the loan paper work did NOT disclose that the loan was based on the British LIBOR instead of the US Prime, and that in a recession when the US Prime would go down, the LIBOR would greatly go UP!

First of all, teaser rates most definitely ARE DECEPTIVE

You're lying.

Second is that the loan paper work did NOT disclose that the loan was based on the British LIBOR instead of the US Prime

You're lying.

in a recession when the US Prime would go down, the LIBOR would greatly go UP!

No one knew LIBOR would go up. Any specifics?
Or just something you heard?

View attachment 291977

3-Month London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR), based on U.S. Dollar | FRED | St. Louis Fed

Was this "greatly go UP"?

Yes, teaser interest rates most definitely are deliberately deceptive.
The buyers were lead to belief they could easily refinance at reasonable rates when the balloon payment came due.
But the market collapse meant they were denied any refinance.

Your graph shows a spike in the LIBOR that doubled.
And the LIBOR scandal was about the fact it was not just known about, but deliberately created.

Libor scandal - Wikipedia

Yes, teaser interest rates most definitely are deliberately deceptive.

You have this "teaser rate" for 12 months.
For the 13th month, your rate will be (insert index rate) plus 2 points.

Sounds pretty clear to me.

The buyers were lead to belief they could easily refinance at reasonable rates

Oh, basing your purchase on the ability of a real estate agent to predict future events/prices/rates.

You might be a moron if.......

But the market collapse meant they were denied any refinance.

Unless your loan documents said you were guaranteed a new loan.......not deceptive.

And the LIBOR scandal was about the fact it was not just known about, but deliberately created.

Unless your reset was in that short period in my chart......meh.

That is not how teaser rates work.
They do NOT say the rate will definitely go up.
They claim it will go up or down with the economy.

So when the economy went down the buyers assumed their monthly payment would go down as well, as it should if it was linked to the US prime rate.
It should also have gone down with the LIBOR, but the LIBOR was artificially manipulated in order to cause it to go up instead, forcing all those millions of defaults.

The loan document implied the ARM rate would not go up if the value of the home went down.

Your chart is wrong.
It shows only a short duration spike in 2008, and the reality is the high LIBOR rates started in 2004 and continued until 2008. The high LIBOR rate preceeded the 2008 collapse and is what caused it.
wsj_libor.gif

Because people without health insurance are dying right now and you won't lift a finger to help them THAT'S why. Oh that's gonna leave a mark. :auiqs.jpg:

Because people without health insurance are dying right now and you won't lift a finger to help them THAT'S why. Oh that's gonna leave a mark. :auiqs.jpg:

On to find someone not in Jr High.

No they couldn't. Bernie alone can not do this. Millions have sent him money to see that it gets done though.

You people claim the vast majority of people support universal healthcare, so all you bleeding hearts send Bernie $10,000 today. People without insurance are dying, they can't wait. So go ahead, send in the money there's nothing stopping you.

I love exposing the left as all talk and no action.

Why should anyone have to pay more for universal health care when they are paying twice as much for private insurance now anyway?Universal health care does NOT cost more, but about half as much.

Because its a crisis. All you bleeding hearts who want universal healthcare send Sanders and Warren $10,000 right now, people are dying for Christ sake. Send it priority overnight, save lives.

Not a damn one of you will, that tells me all I need to know about the left. :eusa_hand:

The whole point is that health care is costing twice what it should.
Providing health care for the poor is irrelevant.
We do that now anyway, through free use of the ER for indigents.
That has nothing at all to do with why we need public health care.
The whole point of public health care is to bring down prices, not increase coverage.
The private health insurance companies are using unfair monopolies to extort huge excess sums from us, under threat of cutting us off from any health care access.

Like all liberals you only support universal healthcare if someone else pays for it, got it. :icon_rolleyes:

You people claim the vast majority of people support universal healthcare, so all you bleeding hearts send Bernie $10,000 today. People without insurance are dying, they can't wait. So go ahead, send in the money there's nothing stopping you.

I didn't make any claim. I claimed what I support. Millions have sent Sanders money.

Socialized medicine has not failed anywhere, and essentially is everywhere now, except the US.

Theocracy and slavery were all the rage at one time too.

By having health care paid for by the employer, we can't change jobs, our products cost too much, we have no control over quality or cost of health care, etc.

Yep. Employer provided health care was a mistake. It gives employers way too much power over employees. Government provided health care is an even bigger mistake, for the same reason.

Like all liberals you only support universal healthcare if someone else pays for it, got it. :icon_rolleyes:

I'm pro-life. I support the 2nd Amendment. I believe we need to balance the budget. Are you arguing that the desire to help others make me a liberal?

The whole point is that health care is costing twice what it should.
Providing health care for the poor is irrelevant.
We do that now anyway, through free use of the ER for indigents.
That has nothing at all to do with why we need public health care.
The whole point of public health care is to bring down prices, not increase coverage.
The private health insurance companies are using unfair monopolies to extort huge excess sums from us, under threat of cutting us off from any health care access.

So go right ahead, send Bernie $10,000 today there's nothing stopping you. If all you bleeding hearts send Bernie $10,000 you could put the health insurance companies out of business.

The fact is you people are phonies, all talk, you don't want to part with one dime of your own money. You want someone else to make the sacrifice. And as for health insurance companies why do you people have your retirement funds invested in those companies hmmm?

Ouch, I bitched slapped the left as phonies and hypocrites.

Medicare for All reminds me of the original Obamacare, "Health Care for America Plan" which contained a public option allowing people to transfer to a Medicare like system without age restriction. The public option was of course a major target of the insurance companies and was dropped almost immediately by congress.

I think there are some misconceptions about how the Medicare for All proposals would be implemented. Once congress gets hold of any of the current proposals, they would change radically.
  • First, it would not be Medicare. It would be a healthcare plan similar to Medicare but would look more like an employer sponsored plan than Medicare.
  • It would be phased in over many years opening up first to older Americans and gradually extended to all ages.
  • Lastly, there would be supplemental insurance just as there is with Medicare.

Any national healthcare plan would be a series of compromises. We have to remember this is not 1965 when Medicare was passed where deals were made between democrats and republicans to pass major legislation and the influence of lobbyists was far less than today.

What would actually stand a chance at working is allow people with preexisting conditions to go on Medicare. That would remove all the high risk patients from private insurance, and that would cause a price decrease, or at the very least, a price freeze.

Next is Medicare and Medicaid needs to start paying the entire bill instead of only part of it.
In any case, nothing gets done the right way until we work on lowering the cost of medical care first. If we don't do that, we're just passing the buck around.

No, Medicare and Medicaid is paying the only valid portion of the bill.
What we have to do is stop the insurance companies from paying more of the bill than Medicare does.
The current bills are incredibly fake and inflated.
That is the whole problem of 3rd party payer, they LIKE inflated bills because then everyone absolutely needs to have insurance even more.
The whole problem is 3rd party payer, who does not care about quality or cost.
The patient can do nothing because they already prepaid.
It is like prepaid legal service, can not possibly ever work.

"What we have to do is stop the insurance companies from paying more of the bill than Medicare does."

LOL - Are you sure you're not a lobbyist for the insurance industry?

Why don't you mooching deadbeats get a job and pay for your own health insurance like everyone else. I'm not going to pay for YOUR health insurance, or your damn cable bill or buy your groceries snowflakes.
Thanks for the brainwash idiot. Point is to bring down the cost and take care of the unfortunate-which has now happened accepted scumbag red States. Will never happen under your scumbag Heroes. they came within one vote of destroying the whole thing including for people with pre-existing conditions... With absolutely no plan to replace anyting.

I didn't make any claim. I claimed what I support. Millions have sent Sanders money.

Please you have been exposed as a phony. All talk, not willing to sacrifice personally. All you phony snobs on the left talk but when it comes to acting you do nothing, shocker.

Forum List

Back