Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Silence of the Lambs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Shining

• Jaws

• Total voters
Alien. The mood, the set, the eerie music, the improvised quality of the dialogue, the fact you don't really see it till the end, that the characters can't leave the ship to get away, and the unexplained mysteries - the unknown - makes this not only one of the scariest films, but one of the best directed films in my opinion.

I will watch SOME horror movies, but I don't really like them very much. No slasher flicks either. Hate those. If I'm going to watch a horror movie, I would prefer something like a psychological horror movie (like ghosts or something) rather than a slasher flick. :)

Jaws

2015-01-29-jaws1.jpeg

Yes! Jaws. Great movie. Now there is a horror movie I can sink my teeth into. Lol! :D

What's your favorite?
Any "sleepers" you can recommend?

It's not Horror really, but I like Rocky Horror Picture Show (have seen it live as well, interesting experience!)

"Jaws" no question.

As with sexual fantasies, the best ones are the most realistic. And something that really exists and periodically occurs is a lot scarier than something fictitious like demons and whatnot.

Would say that an animal coming after you too is scarier than any human since it's not doing out of malice but totally indifferent to our emotional perceptions. It's simply investigating or feeding and doesn't perceive us as something killing wouldn't be nice to do. That complete and utter indifference is especially frightening. And unlike a ground animal, something under the murky water you can't see until it's too late it extra scary. Especially since most of us like to swim and can easily put ourselves into the positions of the victims.

Forum List

Back