Best play schedule for MLB

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
I've noticed that some schedules are simply harder than other schedules in MLB. The only real way to correct this is, to play a 3-game series with every team in MLB outside your division at the beginning of the year, alternating home and away games every year, and then at the end of the year alternating playing teams within your own division to fight to win the division.

What say you?

I've noticed that some schedules are simply harder than other schedules in MLB. The only real way to correct this is, to play a 3-game series with every team in MLB outside your division at the beginning of the year, alternating home and away games every year, and then at the end of the year alternating playing teams within your own division to fight to win the division.

What say you?
how are they harder?.....

how are they harder?.....
The Reds, for example, had a brutal schedule at the beginning of the year as they seemingly played first place teams for a month straight.

It just seems like the fair thing to do is for all teams to play the same schedule, aside from their own division competition.

College football is kind of set up this way as they play off the wall teams at the beginning of the season and then at the end play their division rivals to win their division.

No matter how badly a team does at the beginning, there will always be hope at the end of the year to be able to win your division. Fans will also be able to see every team in MLB at least every other year.

The Reds, for example, had a brutal schedule at the beginning of the year as they seemingly played first place teams for a month straight.

It just seems like the fair thing to do is for all teams to play the same schedule, aside from their own division competition.

College football is kind of set up this way as they play off the wall teams at the beginning of the season and then at the end play their division rivals to win their division.

No matter how badly a team does at the beginning, there will always be hope at the end of the year to be able to win your division. Fans will also be able to see every team in MLB at least every other year.
Things will even out over 162 games

Things will even out over 162 games
No reason not to keep it fair the entire year;

As I said, with my system no matter how bad your team may do at the beginning of the year, you have some hope because you will be only playing your own rival to win your division at the end of the year.

As a fan, you will also be able to access all the teams of MLB every other year.

no one can tell how good a team is until play begins.....many first place teams from last year aint doing to good right now including the 2 defending champs Texas and Arizona....what happened to Tampa Bay and Toronto and Miami?...

no one can tell how good a team is until play begins.....many first place teams from last year aint doing to good right now including the 2 defending champs Texas and Arizona....what happened to Tampa Bay and Toronto and Miami?...
RIght, with my system there is no need to try and figure out the best teams in order to have a fair playing schedule.

That is the beauty of it.

RIght, with my system there is no need to try and figure out the best teams in order to have a fair playing schedule.

That is the beauty of it.
if the team is good it doesnt matter how tough their schedule is....usually the best 6 teams make the playoffs and usually the teams that have the most wins get beat....

if the team is good it doesnt matter how tough their schedule is....usually the best 6 teams make the playoffs and usually the teams that have the most wins get beat....
Why not have a fair schedule for all teams?

That is the question.

And why not let fans see all the teams in MLB?

I also think that just playing division teams at the end of the year would enhance the fight to win the division.

Just my opinion is all.

Why not have a fair schedule for all teams?

That is the question.

And why not let fans see all the teams in MLB?

I also think that just playing division teams at the end of the year would enhance the fight to win the division.

Just my opinion is all.
at the end of the year the ist place team in the division might have a 10 game lead.....look at last year LA,At Mil and Min ran away with their divisions.....

at the end of the year the ist place team in the division might have a 10 game lead.....look at last year LA,At Mil and Min ran away with their divisions.....
But your team may get better at the end of the year when you will be facing that division leading team often.

That is the point.

What say you?
Considering that there are 5 teams in each division, that might be a pretty tall order.

It is a LONG LONG season
Sometimes you will have a rough road trip, other times an easy home schedule. Teams go through winning streaks and losing streaks.
In the end, so many teams make the playoffs it doesn’t matter

But your team may get better at the end of the year when you will be facing that division leading team often.

That is the point.
if they got better at the end of the year they would not be 10 plus games out like many teams were....

Considering that there are 5 teams in each division, that might be a pretty tall order.
Not really

There are 30 teams in MLB and each play 162 games. That leaves potentially 132 games played in the division at the end of the year.

The Reds have 5 teams in the division, which means they would have played the division leading Brewers 13 times at the end of the year.

Currently, they are only about 10 games back mid way throught the year

As a fan, you then understand you are still in it.

It is a LONG LONG season
Sometimes you will have a rough road trip, other times an easy home schedule. Teams go through winning streaks and losing streaks.
In the end, so many teams make the playoffs it doesn’t matter
6 out of 30 teams aint a lot....

Not really

There are 30 teams in MLB and each play 162 games. That leaves potentially 132 games played in the division at the end of the year.

The Reds have 5 teams in the division, which means they would have played the division leading Brewers 13 times at the end of the year.

Currently, they are only about 10 games back mid way throught the year

As a fan, you then understand you are still in it.
the reds aint going anywhere this year....and if they played mil at the end of the year they will just be further back...

What say you?
There’s always going to be moderate differences in SOS.

Look at the NFL. One division can have all 8+ win teams while another has two teams that win 3 and 4 games, thus the other 2 get easier opponents they place twice

Forum List

Back