Best US States to live in??

saintaugusto

Rookie
Sep 1, 2013
New York State has long been the wrong place for a conservative to live in. But where can I move? I need to move to a state with maximum liberties and yet with vibrant economy and infrastructure.

I did some researching online, but to no avail. There's a state reviews website at http://rateaplace.com/states/usa, but it looks like a new website and, despite a good approach, there are no ratings/reviews.

So what do you think are the top states from such prospective? :confused:

Last edited:
New York State has long been the wrong place for a conservative to live in. But where can I move? I need to move to a state with maximum liberties and yet with vibrant economy and infrastructure.

I did some researching online, but to no avail. There's a state reviews website at rateaplace.com, but it looks like a new website and, despite a good approach, there are no ratings/reviews.

Missouri, Texas or even Arkansas. In the west perhaps Wyoming. In the upper plains maybe the Dakotas. Less people usually mean fewer problems.

What is it that you want to do that NY is prevevnting you from doing?

It's liberal shit hole number 1. Nanny state. An utter pile of Yankee crap. I saw some data on the worst states to live in terms of freedom and NY was the worst followed by that shit stain New Jersey if I remember correctly.

Given the recent decision by the DOJ not to enforce MJ laws, I suspect the northwest counties of CA will begin to thrive. Known as the Emerald Triangle we can expect a robust cottage industry which will hopefully put organized crime growers out of business.

Once CA votes to allow controlled, regulated and taxed growth and controlled and taxed sales , hundreds of millions of tax dollars will provide the state and local government with the revenue needed to repair or replace an aging infrastructure as well as provided treatment to those who abuse Alcohol and other drugs, creating jobs in large numbers.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLOYnGArjfo]A Journey into the "Emerald Triangle" - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

I did some researching online, but to no avail. There's a state reviews website at rateaplace.com, but it looks like a new website and, despite a good approach, there are no ratings/reviews.

Here's a link you might find useful as a starting point (sponsored by George Mason Univ):
Freedom in the 50 States 2013 | Overall Freedom | Mercatus Center

Here's the data used to arrive at the conclusions it presents:
Freedom in the 50 States 2013 | Get the Data

Hope that helps.

Given the recent decision by the DOJ not to enforce MJ laws, I suspect the northwest counties of CA will begin to thrive. Known as the Emerald Triangle we can expect a robust cottage industry which will hopefully put organized crime growers out of business.

Once CA votes to allow controlled, regulated and taxed growth and controlled and taxed sales , hundreds of millions of tax dollars will provide the state and local government with the revenue needed to repair or replace an aging infrastructure as well as provided treatment to those who abuse Alcohol and other drugs, creating jobs in large numbers.

A Journey into the "Emerald Triangle" - YouTube
Plus high speed highways will provide plenty of fun avoiding death at the hands of Wry's drugged out morons.....

Texas, Florida in the south, small states in the north.

depends what are you looking for.

If you need a city where you can WALK - there is no other except NYC.

But if you live in the suburbia and don't mind winter - Nebraska, Dakotas, Montana would be much better than NYS

Utah is supposed to fit the dreams of the far right. But even in this nanny state that regulates social norms, there are limitations that would drive a libertarian crazy. Aposhian, the great gun lover, has been denied his right to access his weapons because the allegedly threatened his ex wife and her boyfriend. Drink have to be made out of sight of customers (so as not to sear the eyeballs of youngsters), and the LDS do rule the executive and legislative to an extent that would thrill the Catholics of Maryland and Rhode Island.

All in all, despite some of its silly and insular nonsense, I love living in Utah.

It all depends on was you do to make your living.

If you are an investment banker, North Dakota wouldn't be a very good fit.

If you're a truck driver, you'd make a fortune.

If you live in Upstate New York and like the scenery, you wouldn't like Oklahoma, Arizona, North or South Dakota or West Texas.

You WOULD like Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia and Missouri.

If you want to stay in the Northeast, you have New Hampshire.

Check out Night Fox's link...I was going to post it as well.

Missouri is number seven overall, and of course that's my pick...freedom, economic growth, low taxes, low cost of living, two major cities if you're into that kind of thing, two minor cities, all the outdoors you could ever want and then some, and great people, not too much traffic...all around great place to live and raise a family.

Tennessee is number three, beautiful state. If you are interested @Rabbi can tell you about it.

Oklahoma is five. Another great place to live. Not enough like Appalachia for my tastes, and too hot in the summer, but in my top five.

Those would be my top choices.

Georgia (9) and Virginia (8) have too much traffic.

Idaho (6) I've never been to, so you're on your own there.

North (1) and South (2) Dakota are too damn cold in the winter...nothing between there and the North Pole but a three wire fence.

There's my two cents...worth every penny.

Good luck, and welcome to the board.

Depends on your profession. If you can adapt to ship building aircraft or automobile manufacturing, Alabama is a good bet. We have ship building/refitting in Mobile, Airbus is building a huge factory there and we have Honda, Hyundai, Toyota and Mercedes plants in state.
If you're a coal miner, we have that too.

Forum List

Back