Best US States to live in??

New York State has long been the wrong place for a conservative to live in. But where can I move? I need to move to a state with maximum liberties and yet with vibrant economy and infrastructure.

I did some researching online, but to no avail. There's a state reviews website at rateaplace.com, but it looks like a new website and, despite a good approach, there are no ratings/reviews.

So what do you think are the top states from such prospective? :confused:

Puerto Rico. They have almost no laws at all. Of course, the first thing you will notice when you get to San Juan is that high rise condoes have concertina wire aroung the balcanies up to the 5th floor....

Sorry, safety is also on the list.

What's unsafe about Arizona? Shit, they have open carry...

I agree. I have never felt unsafe in Arizona, even down in the SE on the border.

I lived in Sierra Vista, AZ for a year where I was stationed at Ft. Huachuca.

Never had the least safety concern.

Phoenix? That's a different story.

Nogales? Even armed I wouldn't go back.

But most of the state is awesome.

I like the woods though...so AZ is not for me so much.

I think Missouri would be my pick, but when WWIII Comes the prevailing winds will pretty much rain fallout from the north east on that state more than any other so you might consider that issue.

What's unsafe about Arizona? Shit, they have open carry...

I agree. I have never felt unsafe in Arizona, even down in the SE on the border.

SV was the cleanest troop town I ever saw: few bars, no pawn shops, and no Gentl's Clubs.

I am an ex cali guy...Nebraska now....amazing place.

That and I hunt Pheasant...heaven.
And I love Wrestling...34 years of Officiating everything from 5 year olds to DI....
Some pf the best Bass fishing ever.

......and one of the lowest UE numbers throughout this cluster fuck

I am looking for an optimal mix of freedom and jobs.

I was born and raised in NY State and I never had a problem with freedom

I was able to walk anywhere I wanted, stay out all night, get any job I wanted to, good schools, date anyone I wanted to

Seemed free to me

New York State has long been the wrong place for a conservative to live in. But where can I move? I need to move to a state with maximum liberties and yet with vibrant economy and infrastructure.

I did some researching online, but to no avail. There's a state reviews website at rateaplace.com, but it looks like a new website and, despite a good approach, there are no ratings/reviews.

So what do you think are the top states from such prospective? :confused:

New Hampshire

SV was the cleanest troop town I ever saw: few bars, no pawn shops, and no Gentl's Clubs.

I spent many months in Sierra Vista. Sorry Gulch Saloon.......lot of fun storys there

Great hiking in the mountains and canyons

What is it that you want to do that NY is prevevnting you from doing?

It's liberal shit hole number 1. Nanny state. An utter pile of Yankee crap. I saw some data on the worst states to live in terms of freedom and NY was the worst followed by that shit stain New Jersey if I remember correctly.

The lack of liberty in a state is directly proportional to the amount of Democrats living there. The more Dems there are, the more restrictions you'll find on your personal freedom. It's a fact, of course, they'll all deny it. Blissful ignorance.

I think some of you are saying 'not folks like you'

Last edited:
Trivia tidbit: Roughly 50 miles east of Springfield, Missouri is the mean center of U.S. population...

Mean center of United States population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1a134bbc-824f-4c1d-98b0-77d1218b2843_zpsad28605b.jpg

37.48797°N ....92.24095°W[6]

There was at least one pawn shop for sure when I was there...but I'm a couple years younger than you are Jake, this was 1990 or 91.

I bought my first gun (not the first I owned, but the first I bought myself) at a pawn shop outside the gate..a Mossburg AT500 for trap shooting. I think I paid $80 for it.

I didn't have a car, and a taxi was cheaper if you caught it at the gate instead of in town.

I carried it down the street for at least a mile, and no one gave me a second look.

I spent many months in Sierra Vista. Sorry Gulch Saloon.......lot of fun storys there

Great hiking in the mountains and canyons

We'd go over to Bisbee...I think the place was called The Old Tyme Saloon, and drink Electric Beer, brewed right there on the premises.

Good times...

Given the recent decision by the DOJ not to enforce MJ laws, I suspect the northwest counties of CA will begin to thrive. Known as the Emerald Triangle we can expect a robust cottage industry which will hopefully put organized crime growers out of business.

Once CA votes to allow controlled, regulated and taxed growth and controlled and taxed sales , hundreds of millions of tax dollars will provide the state and local government with the revenue needed to repair or replace an aging infrastructure as well as provided treatment to those who abuse Alcohol and other drugs, creating jobs in large numbers.

A Journey into the "Emerald Triangle" - YouTube
Plus high speed highways will provide plenty of fun avoiding death at the hands of Wry's drugged out morons.....

MJ is a multi-Billion Dollar black market industry right now. It is used extensively both in and out of motor vehicles. Allowing it to be regulated allows it to be controlled much more effectively.

If CA allows for the recreational use of MJ police officers and peace officers of other agencies will be trained in 11550 (Drug Influence - 11550 H&S | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General) and easily identify drivers under the influence. This training and the field sobriety test currently in use will allow for the detention of the driver and a subsequent blood or urine test, currently required by law.

I am looking for an optimal mix of freedom and jobs.

I was born and raised in NY State and I never had a problem with freedom

I was able to walk anywhere I wanted, stay out all night, get any job I wanted to, good schools, date anyone I wanted to

Seemed free to me

Try building a fence, replacing a hot water heater, or a window.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back