Beto 2020

Makes no sense

Political neophyte who lost to Ted Cruz. No real political experience

But 2020 is no ordinary election year. Anti Trump fervor will be in full force. Beto needs only follow the Obama 2008 model

He is a white Obama. Young, handsome, charismatic
He will have strong Hispanic support
The Democratic field is weak and geriatric
He may be able to take Texas away from Trump
He should be able to get out the vote
Unlike Hillary ......he is like able

I'd like to see him and Hawley run in 2020. Make for an interesting race.

Has he announced that he's going to run?

I wouldn't discount him, for the many reasons you listed in the OP rightwinger

He almost CRUSHED the GOP stronghold in Texas, no small feat.
He has nothing to lose

He is charismatic and will draw support

He is a poor debater. BHO was a good debater. Cruz bested him soundly and Cruz is a C- debater. He has to make up his mind on health insurance for illegals. Many Americans are against it and he is for it. In the end fiscal sense matters and he doesn’t have any.

Makes no sense

But 2020 is no ordinary election year. Anti Trump fervor will be in full force. Beto needs only follow the Obama 2008 model

Actually he is the type of canidate the Dems need. Hopefully Hellary will not allow it.

I agree. He's young and good looking. The Dems need someone besides the retreads they have.

Hitlery is toxic and I doubt the DNC would back her again and I also doubt they will pay attention to what she has to say about anything.

They need someone to run against Trump, if he decides to run, and Beto might fill the bill and Politics being the game it is someone else might pop out of the woodwork.

Hell no one gave Trump the time of day and he beat the odds and won.

Please bear in mind that without Texas' EC votes, the GOP will only see the oval office as tourists.

But, the "good news" is that Trump will ALWAYS have Mississippi's 6 EC votes....lol

Makes no sense

Actually he is the type of canidate the Dems need. Hopefully Hellary will not allow it.

I agree. He's young and good looking. The Dems need someone besides the retreads they have.

Hitlery is toxic and I doubt the DNC would back her again and I also doubt they will pay attention to what she has to say about anything.

They need someone to run against Trump, if he decides to run, and Beto might fill the bill and Politics being the game it is someone else might pop out of the woodwork.

I don't think he'd have any BLM baggage or anything offensive to Wisc Pa and Mich white voters, unlike Harris and Booker. And we don't seem to put much credence in prior job experience anyway. But just running takes a person who at least knows his script.

He has been called Beto since he was a child
By whom? His abuela back at the old hacienda in Mexico?

This may be more fun than Pocahontas!
His father gave him that name on the day he was born. Google it, it's a fact. Here he is as a child. He was raised on a border town and as a result, learned to speak fluent Spanish.
Oh I know, speaking another language other than "American" isn't "patriotic" but Jeb Bush also speaks fluent Spanish and I don't recall anyone ever accusing him of not being a patriot. Children in grammar school are now learning other languages because if this country is going to keep up with other countries, multi lingual speaking employees will be a must in some companies. And, supposedly Melania speaks 5 languages, but I never see anyone here criticizing her for it.

main-qimg-d32ffcb84e09d5e3ea7bdfd37b7e6fda

Please bear in mind that without Texas' EC votes, the GOP will only see the oval office as tourists.

But, the "good news" is that Trump will ALWAYS have Mississippi's 6 EC votes....lol

And his followers with their 6 IQ's.

Makes no sense

They still have to get rid of Hildo, and she won’t go quietly.

His father gave him that name on the day he was born. Google it, it's a fact. Here he is as a child. He was raised on a border town and as a result, learned to speak fluent Spanish.
Oh I know, speaking another language other than "American" isn't "patriotic" but Jeb Bush also speaks fluent Spanish and I don't recall anyone ever accusing him of not being a patriot. Children in grammar school are now learning other languages because if this country is going to keep up with other countries, multi lingual speaking employees will be a must in some companies. And, supposedly Melania speaks 5 languages, but I never see anyone here criticizing her for it.

Why would speaking another language be unpatriotic? I speak three fluently but don't go around calling myself Spiro or Jaroslav.

Ditzy argument.

Why would speaking another language be unpatriotic? I speak three fluently but don't go around calling myself Spiro or Jaroslav.

Ditzy argument.
For the last time and I'll speak slowly so you will understand.....his. father. gave. him. the. name. when. he. was. born...

Ditzy argument.
For the last time and I'll speak slowly so you will understand.....his. father. gave. him. the. name. when. he. was. born...
No, he . was . given . the . name . Robert . Francis. He's kinda like Pocahontas, eh?

I don't care who the Dems run...just so long as he/she/it beats Trump. Run a Golden Retriever if it will beat Trump....I don't care. A fish. A piece of wet clay. I don't care. Just get that loser out of office.

He is a conman dufus who is a menace to everything that is decent in America and the world.

I don't care how he leaves office - through the vote, in handcuffs, in the back of an ambulance or the back of a Hearse. I honestly and sincerely do not much care.

Just get that fat, stupid, xenophobic, misogynistic, racist manchild out of there...FAST.

Last edited:

Ditzy argument.
No, he . was . given . the . name . Robert . Francis. He's kinda like Pocahontas, eh?

No, kind of like Rafael Edward Cruz? (A.K.A. Ted???) He became Ted because it sounded more "American" than Rafael. Beto was a nickname his father gave him. I know several people who have nicknames that are not their birth names.

Ditzy argument.

He sure can't be called "low energy" Jeb. Beto has no Trump involvement.

Last edited:

Ditzy argument.

Oh, and Elizabeth Warren did not give herself the name, Pocahontas. It was given to her by the hateful piece of filth in the WH.

Makes no sense

He’s probably better than all the very old potential candidates...

One thing though, I hope the Dems do not run someone too progressive. Like someone who is big on a guaranteed income for all or something like that. That will just give moderates a reason to either stay home or - gulp - vote for Trump.

2020 should be ALL ABOUT beating Trump. Nothing else should matter, IMO. Leave the more idealistic stuff for the midterms or 2024.

There is a cancer in the White House - and the most important political priority to decent Americans should be - IMO - to cut out that cancerous growth before it spreads any further then to his Trumpbot base.

Please Democrats...just run someone smart, likable, decent, relatively clean and relatively middle-of-the-road. Everything Trump is not.

And NO Bernie Sanders...he is too extremist. He could scare off too many Independents.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back