🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Betsy DeVos: Common Core is Dead

Going to take a long time to undo the damage caused by the Obama Error.

13601528945_437c1d896c.jpg

Betsy DeVos: Common Core is dead at U.S. Department of Education | Get Schooled

The second way is the way you learn it so you can do it in your head.
To each his own. We all have our brains wired differently. Spent my adult life as a successful engineer and its gobbledygook to me.

That's the problem with education today. DC orders everyone how to teach 100 million kids from Alaska to Florida.

As I've said for a long time, DoE should be disbanded. I'm hoping DeVos has that plan. I know Dr Arnn who was on the short list for the job would have done it.
This is why we need teach teachers to recognize learning methods of individuals. Keep the class size small enough for them to have time to teach differing methods to those who need it. This should never go beyond a states system except for basic core level standards.

Common core is everyone gets a participation trophy, And no one learns shit. Fact

To each his own. We all have our brains wired differently. Spent my adult life as a successful engineer and its gobbledygook to me.

That's the problem with education today. DC orders everyone how to teach 100 million kids from Alaska to Florida.

As I've said for a long time, DoE should be disbanded. I'm hoping DeVos has that plan. I know Dr Arnn who was on the short list for the job would have done it.
This is why we need teach teachers to recognize learning methods of individuals. Keep the class size small enough for them to have time to teach differing methods to those who need it. This should never go beyond a states system except for basic core level standards.

That is what we do (or should I say "I did". Thanks!

You never let me down when it comes to commentary littered with stupidity........rock on with your stupid self......

These "statists" want every child thinking alike, doing everything alike, no individuality, no thinking outside the box, afraid to challenge the status quo. These leftist statists are pawns. I reject their game.

Common core is everyone gets a participation trophy, And no one learns shit. Fact

That's not how it works and you know it. You are being confrontational because you want to derail the conversation. It is a tactic I saw in my problem students. They just wanted to be left alone to fail at their leisure.
Common core is the collectives idea, it should be left for dead

Common Core is standards. It is WHAT you need to know how to do, not how to do it!

Your understanding is where the problem lies.
Bullshit. Common core is a structured one size fits 100 million kids on what to learn and how to learn it.

Common Core is STANDARDS. Look it up! It doesn't tell you how to do a damn thing! It tells you what the students needs to be able to do.
Piss on your standards. Teaching is more than standards. Every kid is different. They're not robots. The DOE needs a complete overhaul, and the Marxist vermin need to be extricated.

I am so very sorry that your teachers failed you.

If teaching is more than standards, why did everyone get so up in arms about a list of things that kids need to know how to do?

I'll bet you cannot tell me a single standard that you have a problem with and why you feel that way!

If you can't answer that question, you are unqualified to even comment on this topic.
Oh, cut the crap. I'm at least as educated as you're ever going to be. We disagree. That doesn't mean I'm stupid, asshole. You're beating a dead horse. An intelligent person would accept reality and not resort to insulting other posters by calling them stupid and ignorant, but since you have nothing else that's what you're going to do. Go ahead.

being educated doesn't mean you're not stupid, either.

That's not how it works and you know it. You are being confrontational because you want to derail the conversation. It is a tactic I saw in my problem students. They just wanted to be left alone to fail at their leisure.
Your "problem students" are the kind of people that invent and discover. You're the type of teacher that stifles creativity.

:lol:

I'm not sure that I understand the point of your meme.

Do you find the second way too hard?
The second way is confusing and takes longer.

Not if that is how you learn to do it!
Why should we teach kids a longer way to do math?

It's not "longer", it's just not what you're used to.
its like counting on fingers.

Bullshit. Common core is a structured one size fits 100 million kids on what to learn and how to learn it.

Common Core is STANDARDS. Look it up! It doesn't tell you how to do a damn thing! It tells you what the students needs to be able to do.
Piss on your standards. Teaching is more than standards. Every kid is different. They're not robots. The DOE needs a complete overhaul, and the Marxist vermin need to be extricated.

If teaching is more than standards, why did everyone get so up in arms about a list of things that kids need to know how to do?

I'll bet you cannot tell me a single standard that you have a problem with and why you feel that way!

If you can't answer that question, you are unqualified to even comment on this topic.
Oh, cut the crap. I'm at least as educated as you're ever going to be. We disagree. That doesn't mean I'm stupid, asshole. You're beating a dead horse. An intelligent person would accept reality and not resort to insulting other posters by calling them stupid and ignorant, but since you have nothing else that's what you're going to do. Go ahead.

Being educated and indoctrinated are two different things.

Case in point, Del...............

Common Core is standards. It is WHAT you need to know how to do, not how to do it!

Your understanding is where the problem lies.

I said you were ignorant. I never called you stupid.

I didn't say it was your fault that you are ignorant. I said I was sorry your teacher's failed you. If you want to accept responsibility for that, go right ahead.

You are never going to be as educated as me on this topic until you get a Master's degree in education and teach for 20 years. If you want to do that, you bets get started now.

Like I said about the other critic. You fear the unknown and you chose to be confrontational about it because you think that is the way to saving face when you are proven wrong. It is a common tactic students employ to get teachers to leave them alone and let them fail at their own pace.

You never let me down when it comes to commentary littered with stupidity........rock on with your stupid self......

So, tell me. What what stupid about what I said? Please tell me, if you can.

My money is that you are just reaching into your bag of snappy comebacks and throwing out the first one you can find.

My money is that you are just reaching into your bag of snappy comebacks and throwing out the first one you can find.
Common core is absolutely destructive to kids...

Common core is absolutely destructive to kids...

How?

I said you were ignorant. I never called you stupid.

I didn't say it was your fault that you are ignorant. I said I was sorry your teacher's failed you. If you want to accept responsibility for that, go right ahead.

You are never going to be as educated as me on this topic until you get a Master's degree in education and teach for 20 years. If you want to do that, you bets get started now.

Like I said about the other critic. You fear the unknown and you chose to be confrontational about it because you think that is the way to saving face when you are proven wrong. It is a common tactic students employ to get teachers to leave them alone and let them fail at their own pace.
You're the problem with public education. You believe you're the all in all in education in this country. You answer to the state and shill for the government statists, and you take pride in the fact that you have invested 20 years at being a pawn for government indoctrination. I'll put my intelligence and education up to yours any day.

Forum List

Back