Bezos Launches and Lands Successfully

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
The future of space exploration? The ability and launch and successfully recover are huge as it saves millions, if not billions of dollars. Do we no longer need huge vehicles such as the Space Shuttle?

Read more and see the video @ www.space.com

There has been tragedies where a church bus was in an accident and several church members killed.

Or when a tornado hit a church and people were killed.

And I don't remember any muslins (including me) poking fun and being happy that people were hurt.

But I guess the Christians here find it easy to disregard Jesus's teachings about love your neighbor. ...... :cool:

There has been tragedies where a church bus was in an accident and several church members killed.

Or when a tornado hit a church and people were killed.

And I don't remember any muslins (including me) poking fun and being happy that people were hurt.

But I guess the Christians here find it easy to disregard Jesus's teachings about love your neighbor. ...... :cool:

What the GD hell has this crap have to do with the OP?

Thanks, I was having trouble. Don't know whether it was my WP or the links.

The point is that private companies appear to be far more innovative and cost-effective than NASA.

No problem with the link, glad to help.

And yes, I think the lessons learned from these small suborbital vehicles will be helpful in the future. The problem, not insurmountable - but still a problem, will be scaling the technology up for heavy left vehicles that can achieve orbital flight. Assuming once a heavy left vehicle is available for orbital flight, then future Moon/Mars/Deep Space vehicles could be constructed in space without the need for those vehicles to land back on Earth.

>>>>

>

Longknife, when I clicked your link I got an error.

This one should work -->> Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin Launches and Lands Private Rocket for Third Time

>>>>
Thanks, I was having trouble. Don't know whether it was my WP or the links.

The point is that private companies appear to be far more innovative and cost-effective than NASA.
Longknife that is just silly. These companies are using proven technology developed by NASA. NASA creates and uses cutting edge technology. So it has spectacular success and failures. We all tend to remember the failures, how many of us remember what the lifespan of the Rovers were supposed to be? Or that of Curiosity? And how could a private company possibly afford to engage in that kind of research and exploration?

If NASA technology is so great, why do they still have to use RUSSIAN ENGINES to lift payloads into orbit?

Forum List

Back