🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bible commands killing infidels (where dya think Islam got the idea?)

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Rest of the numerous reasons to kill here,
Murder in the Bible

you are actually wrong, Delta-----The "doomed" cultures as
described in the bible were those that sacrificed children. As to "DOOMED" villages which HAD BEEN JEWS----those that
decided to be led by some dissident "leader" to idolatry--etc---
were also supposed to be "doomed". Other than those
conditions ---there is no directive in the bible to kill persons
who follow "other" religions. Programs of genocide and forced conversion were never enacted by jews ---but they were a custom of the roman Christians-----the holy roman empire of CONSTANTINE. I do not believe that Constantine INVENTED the idea------but such was the custom of the holy roman empire --(the first reich)

Muhummad took it to the EXTREME----
****CONVERT OR DIE******
for the whole world----a dictum which persists in islam

stoopid question , Wasn't that the old Testament that did these type commands ?? Just asking because I don't know !!

described in the bible were those that sacrificed children. As to "DOOMED" villages which HAD BEEN JEWS----those that
who follow "other" religions. Programs of genocide and forced conversion were never enacted by jews ---but they were a custom of the roman Christians-----the holy roman empire of CONSTANTINE. I do not believe that Constantine INVENTED the idea------but such was the custom of the holy roman empire --(the first reich)

****CONVERT OR DIE******

You're wrong. I already cross-checked the fairly obscure versions the site cites with KJV, NIV, and YLT. The meaning doesn't change.

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Murder in the Bible

Ok. So Judaism and Christianity is really the ones to blame for all of the murders and kidnappings and rapes and suicide bombings directly committed by Islamic fanatics towards people not of the Islamic faith. Is that the message we need to share with the world, i.e. "it's not really their fault, if it were not for that nasty Bible none of this would have happened"?

****CONVERT OR DIE******

You're wrong. I already cross-checked the fairly obscure versions the site cites with KJV, NIV, and YLT. The meaning doesn't change.

what does "the meaning does not change" mean? The interpretation of the old testament does not depend on the
KJV translation ---------in order to understand the manner in which the OLD TESTAMENT was interpreted ----by jews-----
is by asking jews-----most specifically those familiar with the
Talmud. The jurisprudence of Judaism is not a mystery---it is actually well documented. Your claim that Judaism called for the killing of non jews------is utter nonsense-----in fact not even in the "END TIMES" (ie----after the messiah shows up and ushers in a "GOLDEN AGE"----in which---theoretically
the kingdom of Israel becomes a great world power and----the rest of the world -------kinda acknowledges "torah" (sorta) )

Ok. So Judaism and Christianity is really the ones to blame for all of the murders and kidnappings and rapes and suicide bombings directly committed by Islamic fanatics towards people not of the Islamic faith. Is that the message we need to share with the world, i.e. "it's not really their fault, if it were not for that nasty Bible none of this would have happened"?

That's possible. Religions generally build their new religion upon some previous version. And Islam's Qur'an comes right out and says multiple times beginning in sura 2 "we took a covenant from the people of the book [Jews]..." Meaning, they built their new religion using our's. Mention Christians in the same way taking Jesus from there.

If not Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, I have little doubt some other religion woulda gotten popular and resulted in the same woe facing the world today. Even Buddhism has its terrorists.

when was the last time jews got together and flew planes into a building?
cut off the head of a reporter?

been a bit, huh?

what does "the meaning does not change" mean? The interpretation of the old testament does not depend on the
KJV translation ---------in order to understand the manner in which the OLD TESTAMENT was interpreted ----by jews-----
is by asking jews-----most specifically those familiar with the
Talmud. The jurisprudence of Judaism is not a mystery---it is actually well documented. Your claim that Judaism called for the killing of non jews------is utter nonsense-----in fact not even in the "END TIMES" (ie----after the messiah shows up and ushers in a "GOLDEN AGE"----in which---theoretically
the kingdom of Israel becomes a great world power and----the rest of the world -------kinda acknowledges "torah" (sorta) )

Make yourself seem ignorant at best, naive at worse trying to dispute this. It's all right there in any version of a Bible you look at. So long as Bibles co-opt the Jewish Tanach, they are in effect okaying whatever it says. And Christians despite public attempts to do so, do not teach that the OT is null and void. So if it's not null and void (as when ever Christians wanna condemn homosexuals,) then all the other stuff in the OT portion must be in effect too.

"In tragic twist, Anti-Balaka Christian terror groups attack African Muslims"
In tragic twist Christian terror groups attack African Muslims Communities Digital News

"February 20, 2014 – In what Amnesty International is calling “ethnic cleansing,” Christian terror groups called the anti-balaka are targeting and attacking Muslims in the country of the Central African Republic. The terror groups also attacked a Muslim refugee camp established to house innocents fleeing from the violence.

Last week, The Guardian reported “Thousands of Muslims tried to flee the capital of the Central African Republic (CAR) on Friday, only for their mass convoy of cars and trucks to be turned back as crowds of angry Christians taunted: ‘We’re going to kill you all.’”

Time Magazine says:

“An Amnesty International report on Feb. 12 said attacks on Muslims in January by anti-balaka militias, made up of Christians and animists, had amounted to ‘ethnic cleansing.’ Fatou Bensouda, chief prosecutor at the International Criminal Court at The Hague, has already opened a preliminary investigation into crimes against humanity, saying some ‘victims appeared to have been deliberately targeted on religious grounds.’ A top U.N. official issued similar warnings during a recent visit to the ravaged capital, Bangui, telling reporters: ‘There is an ethnic-religious cleansing taking place. It must be stopped.’”"

That's possible. Religions generally build their new religion upon some previous version. And Islam's Qur'an comes right out and says multiple times beginning in sura 2 "we took a covenant from the people of the book [Jews]..." Meaning, they built their new religion using our's. Mention Christians in the same way taking Jesus from there.

If not Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, I have little doubt some other religion woulda gotten popular and resulted in the same woe facing the world today. Even Buddhism has its terrorists.

OK I do not dispute your comment that religions develope
from prior religions-----but your comment regarding law and
custom re: "others" -----does not exist in jewish jurisprudence It might have COME TO BE----had Judaism grown very strong and created a big giant formidable
empire-----but that did not happen. To some extent it DID
happen even in some very "peace" prone ideologies-----like
BUDDHISM when that religion became predominant in various places in the east. Islam did it almost immediately----ie before the carcass of muhummad had cooled. Christianity did it a few centuries AD----.

the Zoroastrians of Persia-----were----sorta----at times ----aggressive about imposing their belief system-----but they
were hampered by the belief that one has to be BORN in
that "faith" ------like it is an hereditary ideology

"In tragic twist, Anti-Balaka Christian terror groups attack African Muslims"
In tragic twist Christian terror groups attack African Muslims Communities Digital News

"February 20, 2014 – In what Amnesty International is calling “ethnic cleansing,” Christian terror groups called the anti-balaka are targeting and attacking Muslims in the country of the Central African Republic. The terror groups also attacked a Muslim refugee camp established to house innocents fleeing from the violence.

Last week, The Guardian reported “Thousands of Muslims tried to flee the capital of the Central African Republic (CAR) on Friday, only for their mass convoy of cars and trucks to be turned back as crowds of angry Christians taunted: ‘We’re going to kill you all.’”

Time Magazine says:

“An Amnesty International report on Feb. 12 said attacks on Muslims in January by anti-balaka militias, made up of Christians and animists, had amounted to ‘ethnic cleansing.’ Fatou Bensouda, chief prosecutor at the International Criminal Court at The Hague, has already opened a preliminary investigation into crimes against humanity, saying some ‘victims appeared to have been deliberately targeted on religious grounds.’ A top U.N. official issued similar warnings during a recent visit to the ravaged capital, Bangui, telling reporters: ‘There is an ethnic-religious cleansing taking place. It must be stopped.’”"

It is not entirely clear to me that the issue is IDEOLOGICAL--
are the Christians and Animists demanding that the muslims
CONVERT OR DIE? like ---"hey achmed----be an animist like me or I will kill you". It could be more of a tribal type dispute -----more ethnic than "religion"

Kill Nonbelievers

Murder in the Bible
Your grandpa probably called you a ahole years ago...but he doesn't say that anymore?

It is not entirely clear to me that the issue is IDEOLOGICAL--
are the Christians and Animists demanding that the muslims
CONVERT OR DIE? like ---"hey achmed----be an animist like me or I will kill you". It could be more of a tribal type dispute -----more ethnic than "religion"

Very convenient excuse. Do you grant that explanation to Muslims too, or only your own religion?

You would make for a fine hyper-liberal judge in our courts. If it were up to you, there would not be one person in our prisons. They would all be let free because we could trace their actions back to the thoughts of those before them. What a courageous position for taking on evil.

Forum List

Back