🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bible commands killing infidels (where dya think Islam got the idea?)

you are actually wrong, Delta-----The "doomed" cultures as
described in the bible were those that sacrificed children. As to "DOOMED" villages which HAD BEEN JEWS----those that
decided to be led by some dissident "leader" to idolatry--etc---
were also supposed to be "doomed". Other than those
conditions ---there is no directive in the bible to kill persons
who follow "other" religions. Programs of genocide and forced conversion were never enacted by jews ---but they were a custom of the roman Christians-----the holy roman empire of CONSTANTINE. I do not believe that Constantine INVENTED the idea------but such was the custom of the holy roman empire --(the first reich)

Muhummad took it to the EXTREME----
****CONVERT OR DIE******
for the whole world----a dictum which persists in islam

Actually..you are wrong.

The Dark Ages continued the christian "convert or die" into the Crusades.

Kings like Charlemange, instantly beheaded those who did not follow his sort of Christianity. Including other Christians.

The sacking of Constantinople, which included roasting children and eating them, was carried out by Christian Crusaders against other Christians.

Muslims, however, always had a policy of allowing other religions to co-exist, so long as a tax was paid.

You would make for a fine hyper-liberal judge in our courts. If it were up to you, there would not be one person in our prisons. They would all be let free because we could trace their actions back to the thoughts of those before them. What a courageous position for taking on evil.

Well you're partly correct, if I were a judge there would be far fewer in prison as I'd sentence them to death. I love how people think I'm a liberal, it makes me laugh. :)

described in the bible were those that sacrificed children. As to "DOOMED" villages which HAD BEEN JEWS----those that
who follow "other" religions. Programs of genocide and forced conversion were never enacted by jews ---but they were a custom of the roman Christians-----the holy roman empire of CONSTANTINE. I do not believe that Constantine INVENTED the idea------but such was the custom of the holy roman empire --(the first reich)

****CONVERT OR DIE******

Actually..you are wrong.

Kings like Charlemange, instantly beheaded those who did not follow his sort of Christianity. Including other Christians.

The sacking of Constantinople, which included roasting children and eating them, was carried out by Christian Crusaders against other Christians.

Muslims, however, always had a policy of allowing other religions to co-exist, so long as a tax was paid.
Dark ages vs now.

which religion grew up and which slipped into barbarism?

****CONVERT OR DIE******

Actually..you are wrong.

Your idiot comment does not contradict mine-----you just think it does. Muslims allowed other MONOTHEISTS to live
if they agreed that islam is SUPREME ---and were willing to be subjugated and TRIBUTORY to the Islamic rulers----it was a matter of practicality------and economics ....gee you are dim.

In fact no non muslims were permitted to live in Arabia at all. -----to this day non muslims cannot practice their religions in Arabia. In the world which muslims invaded, conquered and exploited ------the very astute leaders realized that
demands of tribute was a far more practical idea than making
ALL PEOPLE the RULING MUSLIM CLASS -----gee you are dim. Making all muslims would have been tantamount for those kingdoms as making all black slaves in the USA south------WHITE Who would pick the cotton? Hindu Brahmins have no desire to render the whole hindu population BRAHMINS either.

****CONVERT OR DIE******

Actually..you are wrong.

Dark ages vs now.

When's now?

Didn't George W. Bush call the Iraqi invasion a "Crusade".

Weren't most of the American troops killing Innocent Iraqis (About 250,000 or so), Christians?

How freakin barbaric is it to invade a sovereign country and massacre it's citizens?

Seriously, even the Iraqi military were just defending their nation. Droves of them were killed too.

They did NOTHING to America.

Nothing.

And buckets of Iraqi blood was spilled.

When have people who followed the Muslim religion from Iraq and under orders from the Iraqi Government killed anywhere close to 250,000 American Christians?

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Rest of the numerous reasons to kill here,
Murder in the Bible

there seems to be only one group doing that whole religious war thing now.

you're reaching.

Ok. So Judaism and Christianity is really the ones to blame for all of the murders and kidnappings and rapes and suicide bombings directly committed by Islamic fanatics towards people not of the Islamic faith. Is that the message we need to share with the world, i.e. "it's not really their fault, if it were not for that nasty Bible none of this would have happened"?

That's possible. Religions generally build their new religion upon some previous version. And Islam's Qur'an comes right out and says multiple times beginning in sura 2 "we took a covenant from the people of the book [Jews]..." Meaning, they built their new religion using our's. Mention Christians in the same way taking Jesus from there.

If not Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, I have little doubt some other religion woulda gotten popular and resulted in the same woe facing the world today. Even Buddhism has its terrorists.

You would make for a fine hyper-liberal judge in our courts. If it were up to you, there would not be one person in our prisons. They would all be let free because we could trace their actions back to the thoughts of those before them. What a courageous position for taking on evil.

what on earth are you talking about?

The question do you? Christians don't live by the old testament,and it a rather huge leap trying to blame the savagery that can be Islam to how the ancient Jews lived.

News to me. Every time I see a Christian protesting something they're citing the OT.

No surprise there selective hearing,and a major lack knowledge of what your trying to talk about.

Religion - overall, has been the cause of a great deal of violence around the world. I think at this point in time - it's in Islam where there is the most unrest, but it's stupid to think that tomorrow it might not be some other group. Just because the seeds lie dormant now doesn't mean they won't sprout again. There's ample "justification" to be found in all the holy books - all it takes is the right nutter and the right set of conditions.

****CONVERT OR DIE******

Actually..you are wrong.

Dark ages vs now.

When's now?

Didn't George W. Bush call the Iraqi invasion a "Crusade".

Weren't most of the American troops killing Innocent Iraqis (About 250,000 or so), Christians?

How freakin barbaric is it to invade a sovereign country and massacre it's citizens?

Seriously, even the Iraqi military were just defending their nation. Droves of them were killed too.

They did NOTHING to America.

Nothing.

And buckets of Iraqi blood was spilled.

When have people who followed the Muslim religion from Iraq and under orders from the Iraqi Government killed anywhere close to 250,000 American Christians?
how retarded are you?

you gunna lie and try to claim it was a religious crusade?

pile of shit, leftist scum like you are whats killing this country.

you lie and omit, to push your bullshit, sick freak

Religion - overall, has been the cause of a great deal of violence around the world. I think at this point in time - it's in Islam where there is the most unrest, but it's stupid to think that tomorrow it might not be some other group. Just because the seeds lie dormant now doesn't mean they won't sprout again. There's ample "justification" to be found in all the holy books - all it takes is the right nutter and the right set of conditions.

Our opinions of who's most to blame comes largely from a heavily biased media, not reality. As with the post about the African Christian terror groups. There are far more Christian terror groups than Muslim, but since 9/11 Islam gets all the news. Understandable, but still.

Our opinions of who's most to blame comes largely from a heavily biased media, not reality. As with the post about the African Christian terror groups. There are far more Christian terror groups than Muslim, but since 9/11 Islam gets all the news. Understandable, but still.

Yawn..........There are currently around 200 conflicts or groups enacting violence around the globe......and almost all of them are from the Religion of Peace...........aka ISLAM.........

Theme of the OP.............I'm an atheist and love to condemn Christians and largely ignore the acts of ISLAM.................We've come a long way since Templar.........

Forum List

Back