Biden Blocked Texas from Increasing Power Ahead of Enduring Storm

Crazy Uncle Joe killed more Americans this month than Middle East Muslims.

That’s another lie, loony took. Stop it.
Who said Leftards keep their heads up their ass to deny reality?
I posted this to Fakebook and they put a disclaimer on it saying it's false.
Because it is.....like almost all of your con-spiracy theories.

Yep, what have I been telling these conspiracy loons about Facebook?
They are as responsible for fake news as anyone.
I trashed my Facebook years ago when I started seeing this sort of BS posted by my Trumpy pals. LinkedIn is more for professionals & very few people talk politics.

Last edited:

How did the Biden administration stop texas from increasing power to their grid, which they deregulated and isolated specifically to avoid federal oversight?

Could you stop with the lies and conspiracies, just for one day?
Well maybe you should read the Order in the link.....they refused to lift Enviromental regs that capped their output., until they used all other means....such as buying energy from others, hence the massive bills we are seeing.

The fact that Texas grid is run by a seperate entity then the rest of the grids, doesn't mean that it doesn't have to follow federal laws, and regulations....such as Enviro regs.
Where in the heck do you get that opinion from?

NOT the order....

The order authorized Texas to do what they gotta do, to keep their electricity, up and running.
Opinion? No, it's in the Order. Apparently you haven't actually read it

The source here, which is in the link...is the actual Order from the Biden Admin.....

It has been debunked and started with Alex Jones. The Texas FUBAR started when Ken Lay and his buddy GWB allowed them to deregulate in the mid 90s. They did NOTHING after the 2011 freeze when the same thing happened and refused to enforce guidelines for weatherization and bought the wrong kind of windmills instead of the ones that don't freeze. This is ALL on Texas Republicans. Stop repeating lies please.
The Order started with Alex Jones? It's not a real Order? Did you not actually see the Order in the link from the Biden Admin? It's there, don't read the article if you don't want to...scroll down to the Order

I believe Bush was in Washington in 2002.....and prosecuting Ken Lay I might add.....the 77th Texas State Legislature passed the Dereg bill, which was controlled by Dems overwhelmingly in the House, and a slight majority of the GOP in the State Senate.

Nope - this goes back to when Bushie was TX governor.

Ken Lay, the former CEO of the energy and utility company Enron, was fond of writing letters to his friend George on stationery bearing his company’s famous crooked E.​
Crossing out the “Dear Governor Bush” typed by his secretary, and penciling in “Dear George” in its place, he wrote to invite Bush to musicals, commiserate over knee surgery, thank the governor for a Christmas gift — and lay out the “benefits of competition” that electricity deregulation would bring.​
“We have already glimpsed this energy future, and it works,” Lay, who died in 2006 shortly after being convicted of a massive securities fraud, wrote to Bush in 1996, a year after Texas lawmakers had started to dismantle the electric utility monopolies.​

Want truth about TX deregulation and who's at fault? - Beto is happy to oblige
Yeah...Ken Lay sure died at a "con-venient" time, didn't he?
I guess if you think death is convenient....but it was years after Bush started prosecuting him...the Bush Admin indicted him in 2004, he was found guilty in 2006, and while on appeal later that year he died.

How did the Biden administration stop texas from increasing power to their grid, which they deregulated and isolated specifically to avoid federal oversight?

Well maybe you should read the Order in the link.....they refused to lift Enviromental regs that capped their output., until they used all other means....such as buying energy from others, hence the massive bills we are seeing.

The fact that Texas grid is run by a seperate entity then the rest of the grids, doesn't mean that it doesn't have to follow federal laws, and regulations....such as Enviro regs.
The order from sec of energy give permission to violate the regulations to the extent necessary to maintain power.

The op, the linked article, and you are all lying.
Again, read the article, they could only do that after, AFTER using all other means....ie buy power from neighbors...which jacked up the cost, as we are seeing in customer's bills. Tragic

If they had no done that, prices would be lower, and the energy would have been produced faster
I didn't just read the article, I read the order from the sec.of energy. It's very clear that they are allowed to exceed regulated air pollution standards to meet power demands. This is just another attempt to blame someone else for your problems.

This is what Trump did to Republicans. Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty.
And ALWAYS tell The Big Lie.
Joseph was the original. Donnie learned well.

C0kGs25UoAAbGtq.jpg
If you have evidence that the Order is a lie......please provide it

Bullshit. The gas pipes froze, the windmills froze, the water lines froze all because the governor did not winterize.
and the numerous Texas Govts before him. With that said, they needed more power....that is what this request was about, which the Biden admin destroyed
Wrong. They have never had weather like this and their grid was not a part of the national scheme. Texas did its own thing to avoid regulations, and this is the result.

I've lived here in south Texas for over 40 years and yes we have this kind of artic cold. Texas passed a law that allowed the energy producers to skate, they only recommended winterizing they didn't require it.

Though in the past you haven't seen this level of discomfort etc...I am curious if prior Federal Enviromental regs were waived, or I guess even existed to the level they do today

Actually, down here the hurricanes have been worse. I don't remember this many plants failing at the same time. The worst I remember was in 89. But there were a lot less people here and a lot less stress on the grid that winter.

Best investment I ever made, a generator, paid off again last week.
I am sure!

Yep, different parts of the country all I have different needs....obviously unexpected things can come up, such as this, but the idea is managing it when a crisis happens.

The Biden Admin refusing to simply waive the Enviromental restrictions was a horrible choice, that really put a strain on the entire system

The DOE granted Texas permission the same day they made the request. Not only were they not able to fire up the extra capacity they needed, because of the cold, but also other plants failed because of the cold as well.

Trying to blame the DOE, the EPA or the new Administration is a red herring the Texas GOP wants to spread around because they are the ones responsible for the regulations that allowed all this to happen. They don't want to pay the political price for their miscalculation.
I didn't blame the EPA, I blamed the DOE, because they wouldn't relax the enviromental reg until all other means were used first....ie buying from other grids, which jacked up cost majorly.

Additioanlly, I don't blame the DOE for the cold weather....that's not their fault....but the Biden Admin dropped the ball, cost skyrocketed, and the pain and suffering grew

NOT the order....

The order authorized Texas to do what they gotta do, to keep their electricity, up and running.

The connections Texas has to other grids is limited, which in turn limits the amount of power that can be transferred from other grids to Texas and vice versa.

So the order to buy what they can from other sources was easily fulfilled and it had nothing to do with the outrageous bills some people got. That's a different de-regulation story.

That’s another lie, loony took. Stop it.
Who said Leftards keep their heads up their ass to deny reality?
I posted this to Fakebook and they put a disclaimer on it saying it's false.
Because it is.....like almost all of your con-spiracy theories.

Yep, what have I been telling these conspiracy loons about Facebook?
They are as responsible for fake news as anyone.
I trashed my Facebook years ago when I started seeing this sort of BS posted by my Trumpy pals. LinkedIn is more for professionals & very few people talk politics.
Hillary didn’t do it despite the official documents that say she did.

Biden didn’t do it despite the official documents that say he did.

Cuomo didn’t do it despite the official documents that say he did.

I see a trend.

Bullshit. The gas pipes froze, the windmills froze, the water lines froze all because the governor did not winterize.
and the numerous Texas Govts before him. With that said, they needed more power....that is what this request was about, which the Biden admin destroyed
Wrong. They have never had weather like this and their grid was not a part of the national scheme. Texas did its own thing to avoid regulations, and this is the result.

I've lived here in south Texas for over 40 years and yes we have this kind of artic cold. Texas passed a law that allowed the energy producers to skate, they only recommended winterizing they didn't require it.

Though in the past you haven't seen this level of discomfort etc...I am curious if prior Federal Enviromental regs were waived, or I guess even existed to the level they do today

Actually, down here the hurricanes have been worse. I don't remember this many plants failing at the same time. The worst I remember was in 89. But there were a lot less people here and a lot less stress on the grid that winter.

I am sure!

Yep, different parts of the country all I have different needs....obviously unexpected things can come up, such as this, but the idea is managing it when a crisis happens.

The Biden Admin refusing to simply waive the Enviromental restrictions was a horrible choice, that really put a strain on the entire system

The DOE granted Texas permission the same day they made the request. Not only were they not able to fire up the extra capacity they needed, because of the cold, but also other plants failed because of the cold as well.

Trying to blame the DOE, the EPA or the new Administration is a red herring the Texas GOP wants to spread around because they are the ones responsible for the regulations that allowed all this to happen. They don't want to pay the political price for their miscalculation.
I didn't blame the EPA, I blamed the DOE, because they wouldn't relax the enviromental reg until all other means were used first....ie buying from other grids, which jacked up cost majorly.

Additioanlly, I don't blame the DOE for the cold weather....that's not their fault....but the Biden Admin dropped the ball, cost skyrocketed, and the pain and suffering grew

Texas simply doesn't have the transmission line ties to buy that much from other sources. Biden was not responsible for Texas not requiring energy producer to winterize. Lack of winterization was the cause of the rolling blackouts.

NOT the order....

The connections Texas has to other grids is limited, which in turn limits the amount of power that can be transferred from other grids to Texas and vice versa.

So the order to buy what they can from other sources was easily fulfilled and it had nothing to do with the outrageous bills some people got. That's a different de-regulation story.

It's not limited anymore then any of the other grids are limited.

The order is clear as day.....and that is why the bills are so high

1614104540557.png

Americans are under no obligation to help texas with their energy grid

what the fuck are you talking about?

They are the only state in the union with their own, if they can't maintain it they can go fuck themselves

They wanted independence, they got it.

How anyone could blame Biden for this when even Rick Perry was smart enough to know this would happen is absurd.

They are the only state in the union with their own, if they can't maintain it they can go fuck themselves

How anyone could blame Biden for this when even Rick Perry was smart enough to know this would happen is absurd.
So by your logic, Texas shouldn't of asked if the Biden Admin would relax the Enviromental regs so they could produce more energy? They should have just ignored it?

And the best part of Texas is it’s now Open Season on Leftards.
15C4A03D-18F5-48F8-8939-FEA563A28590.jpeg

So by your logic, Texas shouldn't of asked if the Biden Admin would relax the Enviromental regs so they could produce more energy? They should have just ignored it?
Yep, that’s what the Leftard says. Texas can go 100% unfiltered coal.

The order from sec of energy give permission to violate the regulations to the extent necessary to maintain power.

Again, read the article, they could only do that after, AFTER using all other means....ie buy power from neighbors...which jacked up the cost, as we are seeing in customer's bills. Tragic

If they had no done that, prices would be lower, and the energy would have been produced faster
I didn't just read the article, I read the order from the sec.of energy. It's very clear that they are allowed to exceed regulated air pollution standards to meet power demands. This is just another attempt to blame someone else for your problems.

This is what Trump did to Republicans. Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty.

C0kGs25UoAAbGtq.jpg

If you have evidence that the responsibility for the Texas FUBAR falls on anyone outside of Texas.....please provide it

I am sure!

Texas simply doesn't have the transmission line ties to buy that much from other sources. Biden was not responsible for Texas not requiring energy producer to winterize. Lack of winterization was the cause of the rolling blackouts.
I don't disagree, but once the emergency started.....they could have helped.....but all the Biden admin did piss on their request.

By your logic if a wildfire in Cali starts in a California State Forest....the Feds shouldn't help, and the President should send no help.

It's obvious that seems to be the view of the current admin, and many posters here....at least as it pertains to States that didnt vote for them

C0kGs25UoAAbGtq.jpg

If you have evidence that the responsibility for the Texas FUBAR falls on anyone outside of Texas.....please provide it
It's in the OP....read the Order...geez.....

Texas certainly has a lot of the blame....no doubt.....but that doesn't mean the Biden Admin didn't drop the ball big time when the emergency was unfolding.

I am sure!

I don't disagree, but once the emergency started.....they could have helped.....but all the Biden admin did piss on their request.

By your logic if a wildfire in Cali starts in a California State Forest....the Feds shouldn't help, and the President should send no help.

It's obvious that seems to be the view of the current admin, and many posters here....at least as it pertains to States that didnt vote for them

Did you miss the pissing on, bullying and threats to states that didn’t vote for Dear Leader? You should pay better attention.

They should have dealt with it themselves that was the assumption when they disconnected from the literal rest of the continental US's grid

We are under no obligation to help them if they've opted out. They (the feds) are obligated to ensure our side of the grid runs well.

Texas is on it's fucking won.

These dumb fucks were talking about succession last week

El Paso, which last I checked is part of Texas, didn't have any problems with lost power and people freezing to death. They did experience problems during a severe cold snap in 2011 which taught them a lesson so they 'hardened' their grid against freezing weather. ERCOT experienced the same problems in 2011 but did nothing afterward to prevent it again like El Paso Electric did...buy ya let's blame Biden

Forum List

Back