Biden Deserves Credit, Not Blame, for Afghanistan

This from the Atlantic guy gets it:

America’s longest war has been by any measure a costly failure, and the errors in managing the conflict deserve scrutiny in the years to come. But Joe Biden doesn’t “own” the mayhem on the ground right now. What we’re seeing is the culmination of 20 years of bad decisions by U.S. political and military leaders. If anything, Americans should feel proud of what the U.S. government and military have accomplished in these past two weeks. President Biden deserves credit, not blame.

Unlike his three immediate predecessors in the Oval Office, all of whom also came to see the futility of the Afghan operation, Biden alone had the political courage to fully end America’s involvement. Although Donald Trump made a plan to end the war, he set a departure datethat fell after the end of his first term and created conditions that made the situation Biden inherited more precarious. And despite significant pressure and obstacles, Biden has overseen a military and government that have managed, since the announcement of America’s withdrawal, one of the most extraordinary logistical feats in their recent history. By the time the last American plane lifts off from Hamid Karzai International Airport on August 31, the total number of Americans and Afghan allies extricated from the country may exceed 120,000.

1630378950705.png

biDensurrendermonkey

Greg

Good grief, I'm not playing your left loon shit

Have mommy get you a snack
Serious question. There’s been regular flights to Afghanistan. Why didn’t anyone leave earlier if everyone was so eager to do so?

The answer, asshole, is that the people only wanted to leave when there was imminent danger. There was only imminent danger when the military pulled out and the Afghan government collapsed.

So you see, your childish thinking doesn’t get the challenges, does it?

I noticed you keep skipping over the billions in weapons he left for the enemy,,

why is that??
Because I’ve explained it many times and it’s boring. You children never seem to understand anything.

It wasn’t our equipment. It was what we gave the Afghan military in order to fight the Taliban.

This from the Atlantic guy gets it:

America’s longest war has been by any measure a costly failure, and the errors in managing the conflict deserve scrutiny in the years to come. But Joe Biden doesn’t “own” the mayhem on the ground right now. What we’re seeing is the culmination of 20 years of bad decisions by U.S. political and military leaders. If anything, Americans should feel proud of what the U.S. government and military have accomplished in these past two weeks. President Biden deserves credit, not blame.

Unlike his three immediate predecessors in the Oval Office, all of whom also came to see the futility of the Afghan operation, Biden alone had the political courage to fully end America’s involvement. Although Donald Trump made a plan to end the war, he set a departure datethat fell after the end of his first term and created conditions that made the situation Biden inherited more precarious. And despite significant pressure and obstacles, Biden has overseen a military and government that have managed, since the announcement of America’s withdrawal, one of the most extraordinary logistical feats in their recent history. By the time the last American plane lifts off from Hamid Karzai International Airport on August 31, the total number of Americans and Afghan allies extricated from the country may exceed 120,000.

I'm sure that if everything had gone down the exact same way the Atlantic would have been this kind President Trump.

Because I’ve explained it many times and it’s boring. You children never seem to understand anything.

It wasn’t our equipment. It was what we gave the Afghan military in order to fight the Taliban.
you mean that same military we knew would fail??

you wouldnt happen to have a link to that would you??

dont worry I will wait,,

Serious question. There’s been regular flights to Afghanistan. Why didn’t anyone leave earlier if everyone was so eager to do so?

The answer, asshole, is that the people only wanted to leave when there was imminent danger. There was only imminent danger when the military pulled out and the Afghan government collapsed.

So you see, your childish thinking doesn’t get the challenges, does it?

Tsk, tsk.......:dig:

Forum List

Back