Biden document discovery is proof Dems ‘overplayed their hand’ on Trump

Yes exactly. From a criminal standpoint that is exactly the difference. One gave them back. Without prompting and facing the entirely predictable backlash.

The crime was in taking them in the first place.

The other kept them, was asked for them, gave a few back, was found he had more, was asked again by the DOJ this time, gave a few back again, and made a statement it was all of them, was then the subject of a search warrant in which they found more, and then months later and AFTER the special master asked them found a few more.

A firecracker and an atom bomb both go BOOM, I don't think they are the same, do you?

If Trump hadn't been caught, IMO these never would have been returned. People don't just forget they have classified documents laying around.........well granted, Biden might but there were people who knew they were missing.

If Trump hadn't been caught, IMO these never would have been returned. People don't just forget they have classified documents laying around.........well granted, Biden might but there were people who knew they were missing.
I'll tell you what. Find me one example, just one. Of a criminal prosecution of ANYONE ever, that resulted from simply being caught in possession of classified documents, without at least a sign that they did so willfully, tried to hide the fact, destroyed them, lied about them, or showed at least some sign of intent. Careless handling of classified material leads to professional repercussions, criminal ones only if intent is shown.
I think you are wrong. For one thing there are plenty of examples of people getting in professional trouble for simply being careless with classified material. They forget, misplace, lose or otherwise do dumb shit with them. This is probably one of these examples. Again, I have zero problem with investigating it. I have zero problems with people facing the music from it.

I have loads of problems with trying to somehow equate it with Trumps actions, and even more with using it as an excuse-to-excuse Trump's behavior. Which is the entire point of the exercise for those on the right.

I'll tell you what. Find me one example, just one. Of a criminal prosecution of ANYONE ever, that resulted from simply being caught in possession of classified documents, without at least a sign that they did so willfully, tried to hide the fact, destroyed them, lied about them, or showed at least some sign of intent. Careless handling of classified material leads to professional repercussions, criminal ones only if intent is shown.

I think you are wrong. For one thing there are plenty of examples of people getting in professional trouble for simply being careless with classified material. They forget, misplace, lose or otherwise do dumb shit with them. This is probably one of these examples. Again, I have zero problem with investigating it. I have zero problems with people facing the music from it.

I have loads of problems with trying to somehow equate it with Trumps actions, and even more with using it as an excuse-to-excuse Trump's behavior. Which is the entire point of the exercise for those on the right.

Do politicians generally get prosecuted for their crimes? Sadly not.

But here is what your argument boils down to. The President of the United States was not guilty of taking documents he wasn't allowed to have, he was just careless and forgot he had them.

Bravo.

Do politicians generally get prosecuted for their crimes? Sadly not.

But here is what your argument boils down to. The President of the United States was not guilty of taking documents he wasn't allowed to have, he was just careless and forgot he had them.

Bravo.
Who said it was the president? I don't imagine a vice-president doing his own packing, or for that matter, unpacking. You are inferring stuff without a shred of evidence. And no, my argument doesn't boil down to that either.

My argument is that I tend to think this was an accident by a staffer. At the same time acknowledging that careless handling of classified material is no small matter, so what I think happened doesn't matter. It should be investigated. If that investigation turns up anything nefarious or sufficiently careless, consequences should ensue to those responsible. Be it Biden, some staffer or whoever committed this act or acts.

This is a perfectly valid an honest position in my opinion. And a position I've seen exactly ZERO Trump supporters take in the Mar O Lago case.

Who said it was the president? I don't imagine a vice-president doing his own packing, or for that matter, unpacking. You are inferring stuff without a shred of evidence. And no, my argument doesn't boil down to that either.

So we will wait until Biden prosecutes these lackies who had access to confidential papers and just left them laying around.

My argument is that I tend to think this was an accident by a staffer. At the same time acknowledging that careless handling of classified material is no small matter, so what I think happened doesn't matter. It should be investigated. If that investigation turns up anything nefarious, consequences should ensue to those responsible. Be it Biden, some staffer or whoever committed this act or acts.

This is a perfectly valid an honest position in my opinion.

And the Republicans will surely undertake those investigations just the same as the Democrats and the result will be the same.

No one ever held accountable.

So we will wait until Biden prosecutes these lackies who had access to confidential papers and just left them laying around.

And the Republicans will surely undertake those investigations just the same as the Democrats and the result will be the same.

It is the AG who prosecutes. Biden doesn't affect that.
I'm still willing to take that bet on Trump if you are interested.

It is the AG who prosecutes. Biden doesn't affect that.

Of course he does. He appoints him which has caused me to rethink this entire process. Our justice system should not be based upon who is currently in office.

Why should we allow political parties to run our justice?

It should be 100% seperate.

You and by extention those on the right are nothing if not consistent. I asked you... twice now if you are willing to agree that both Trump AND Biden should fave reprocussions if it is established that they screwed around with classified documents?

You simply refuse to answer that. Why is that? My theory bordering on the certain is that you are perfectly aware that Trump did and is.
Trump was president and could have the documents. Vice president cannot take classified documents.

Of course he does. He appoints him which has caused me to rethink this entire process. Our justice system should not be based upon who is currently in office.

Why should we allow political parties to run our justice?

It should be 100% seperate.
I wouldn't mind that. I simply haven't seen any sign that Biden interferes with the DOJ, none whatsoever. During the Trump administration it was blatant, but it seems to me that Biden is taking great pains to stay away as was the norm pre-Trump.

The DOJ is investigating his son for one. They are now investigating this. It is hard to influence the DOJ as a president. Impossible I would even claim to do so without showing outwards signs. For instance, besides Trump's tweets berating his own AG, I saw line prosecutors quit over Barr's interference. I saw Mueller writing him letters accusing him of misrepresenting his findings.

The DOJ is mostly staffed by career people, people who face real life consequences far beyond losing their jobs if they don't adhere to ethical standards.

I understand to jadedness you show I simply don't share it to the extent you do.

I wouldn't mind that. I simply haven't seen any sign that Biden interferes with the DOJ, none whatsoever. During the Trump administration it was blatant, but it seems to me that Biden is taking great pains to stay away as was the norm pre-Trump.

Was Trump blatant while others leave it all behind the scenes? Yes.

The DOJ is investigating his son for one. They are now investigating this. It is hard to influence the DOJ as a president. Impossible I would even claim to do so without showing outwards signs. For instance, besides Trump's tweets berating his own AG, I saw line prosecutors quit over Barr's interference. I saw Mueller writing him letters accusing him of misrepresenting his findings.

The DOJ is mostly staffed by career people, people who face real life consequences far beyond losing their jobs if they don't adhere to ethical standards.

I understand to jadedness you show I simply don't share it to the extent you do.

Even when those career people screw up, they keep their careers.

LOL

Your own posts do that for me.

Well, you're still not hitting the mark. Lame loser.

I'm not hurt.

You and your cult only exist to hurt others and you have no power to do that to me.

Come on.

Do better.

Again, doing it behind the scenes is INCREDIBLY difficult. Line Prosecutors rebel. Open letters are written. Judges sanction people who don't do their job properly, Political appointees threaten to quit or quit. Just ask Trump and Nixon. The DOJ is hard to influence, precisely because the people who staff it, are trained to think and act without showing fear or favor, and even if it doesn't apply to everyone it applies to enough of them that any interference is quickly discovered and backfires.
Simply not true.

Well, you're still not hitting the mark. Lame loser.

I'm not hurt.

You and your cult only exist to hurt others and you have no power to do that to me.

Come on.

Do better.

LOL

Your own posts hurt you.

face-palm-gif.278959

Forum List

Back