Biden Officially Calls For A Review Of Federal Marijuana Scheduling On List Of Controlled Substances

You do know you sound like a total nutbag when you say such ludicrous nonsense, don't you?

"Pot" is niether dangerous nor addictive. In fact it's one of the least physically addictive substances and it's almost impossible to overdose.

Alcohol you can get on any corner is much more addictive and overdosing can easily land you in a hospital or even kill you.
Google: Your friend

:)

I think the reality of the world is that people find it stressful and difficult. We use such things to ease our pain of being modern thinking humans.

Banning it hasn't shown that this stops people wanting to smoke it. It's not that bad for society and with decent education people can make that choice for themselves, like they do with alcohol and cigarettes.
I wish they had a half-like here...

But pot is just too dangerous, though you make some good points.

I think we should let people do what they want in the privacy of their own homes, as long as they do not harm others.

Does this include abortions?

I said as long as they do not harm others, so that does not fit.

Cutting one's own limbs off?
That's a little absurd. You can probably come up with a better example, but lots of Dems mutilate their own bodies, and yes, it's their choice.
Pot: INCREDIBLY addictive and dangerous
So is overeating and being sedentary.

Living a healthy lifestyle is a choice we all have. It's in our best interest to do so. It should not be mandated by the government.

It is a fundamental human right to make one's own decisions regarding one's health, otherwise we end up with government over-reach, like mandatory vaccines.

Marijuana is arguably less of a public health crisis than alcohol.

Contrary to my own point, though, I don't think that I would be supportive harder drugs like heroin, cocaine, or fentanyl being legalized, so it appears my broad statement has some holes in it, but those harder drugs are often associated with activities which cause great harm to others, including violence, cartels, and huge public expenses (fentanyl ODs).

Regards,
Jim

Banning it hasn't shown that this stops people wanting to smoke it. It's not that bad for society and with decent education people can make that choice for themselves, like they do with alcohol and cigarettes
Human beings cannot be trusted to make the proper, moral decisions on such things. That’s why all three (drugs, alcohol and tobacco) should be banned and the punishment for possessing them should be immediate execution.

Hilarious when those claiming they don't want government interference in their lives immediately jump on the Nanny Statist Bandwagon when it comes to pot, as they are sipping a whiskey.
Screw the Nanny State.
That goes for vaccine mandates also.

However do I manage to own a house,luxury SUV, a camper, a second garage full of expensive toys and a stellar credit rating and pay my taxes being a drugged out stoner as the Carrie Nations put it?

Maybe because what you heard is pure fear mongering bullshit.

Any laws that cannot be effectively enforced should be abolished, or repealed, whatever the correct terminology is. Laws that can't be enforced, such as marijuana laws, contribute to disrespect for laws in general and more law-breaking. In general, that is a bad thing for society.
I have no respect or love for Joe Biden, this is pandering pure and simple. However, it should have never been this way to start with and needs to change.

If he did it 12 months ago, you’d squeal the same BS line.
Nonsense. A month to the mid terms.

The subject of marijuana legalization has been with us for years. Biden chose the current moment to announce this, solely because of the upcoming election. Same with the unConstitutional student loan bailout.

He could have waited 33 days, don't you think?

On September 9th, Karine Jean-Pierre stated that the White House had no plans to take action on marijuana before the midterms.

They changed their mind, because they are in a panic.

Nonsense. A month to the mid terms.

The subject of marijuana legalization has been with us for years. Biden chose the current moment to announce this, solely because of the upcoming election. Same with the unConstitutional student loan bailout.

He could have waited 33 days, don't you think?

On September 9th, Karine Jean-Pierre stated that the White House had no plans to take action on marijuana before the midterms.

They changed their mind, because they are in a panic.

Why?

In your opinion, POTUS should stop all Presidential Activity

Especially if it doesn’t fit your agenda.

I said as long as they do not harm others, so that does not fit.

That's a little absurd. You can probably come up with a better example, but lots of Dems mutilate their own bodies, and yes, it's their choice.

So is overeating and being sedentary.

Living a healthy lifestyle is a choice we all have. It's in our best interest to do so. It should not be mandated by the government.

It is a fundamental human right to make one's own decisions regarding one's health, otherwise we end up with government over-reach, like mandatory vaccines.

Marijuana is arguably less of a public health crisis than alcohol.

Contrary to my own point, though, I don't think that I would be supportive harder drugs like heroin, cocaine, or fentanyl being legalized, so it appears my broad statement has some holes in it, but those harder drugs are often associated with activities which cause great harm to others, including violence, cartels, and huge public expenses (fentanyl ODs).

Regards,
Jim
Some good points.

If you knew your neighbor was slamming his head against a wall, would you call someone to help him?

However do I manage to own a house,luxury SUV, a camper, a second garage full of expensive toys and a stellar credit rating and pay my taxes being a drugged out stoner as the Carrie Nations put it?

Maybe because what you heard is pure fear mongering bullshit.
There are also heroin addict millionaires, so I fail to see your point.

Pot Pimps: The lowest form of fecal waste

Any laws that cannot be effectively enforced should be abolished, or repealed, whatever the correct terminology is. Laws that can't be enforced, such as marijuana laws, contribute to disrespect for laws in general and more law-breaking. In general, that is a bad thing for society.
I have no respect or love for Joe Biden, this is pandering pure and simple. However, it should have never been this way to start with and needs to change.
I think if people want to set themselves on fire, that should be legal too. :)

Some good points.

If you knew your neighbor was slamming his head against a wall, would you call someone to help him?
Depends upon which neighbor, LOL!

Just kidding. Sure, I would help, but that does not mean it should be illegal.

I think the obesity analogy is excellent. Someone who decides to overeat and not exercise often is addicted and causes immense harm to themselves. It's not pleasant to see, but since they aren't directly hurting others*, it's completely legal that they can ingest those harmful things.

* But they do hurt those who care about them, and they might have to have some medical or other expenses taken care of at taxpayer expense.

People are free to live their lives as they wish, and this often includes doing things to themselves which are not in their best interests.

I suppose there are tons of behavior choices which are similar.

Banging head against wall - legal
Not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle - illegal in most states
Overeating - legal
Consuming alcohol and tobacco - legal for over 21s
Not getting vaccinated - legal but required for federal employees and many others

Life is full of choices, and choices have consequences. I think people should be allowed to make bad choices for themselves. Things have a way of working out.

People who overuse marijuana will probably have some bad consequences as a result. Maybe they will learn their lesson and turn their lives around when they realize their self-destructive behavior is responsible for why they did not do well in school or can't hold a job, etc.

Like petro said, screw the Nanny State. I am all for Survival of the Fittest, Capitalism, and personal freedoms, and in order for me to have my freedom, some people might end up abusing theirs, but some people are like that.

Regards,
Jim

Depends upon which neighbor, LOL!

Just kidding. Sure, I would help, but that does not mean it should be illegal.

I think the obesity analogy is excellent. Someone who decides to overeat and not exercise often is addicted and causes immense harm to themselves. It's not pleasant to see, but since they aren't directly hurting others*, it's completely legal that they can ingest those harmful things.

* But they do hurt those who care about them, and they might have to have some medical or other expenses taken care of at taxpayer expense.

People are free to live their lives as they wish, and this often includes doing things to themselves which are not in their best interests.

I suppose there are tons of behavior choices which are similar.

Banging head against wall - legal
Not wearing a helmet on a motorcycle - illegal in most states
Overeating - legal
Consuming alcohol and tobacco - legal for over 21s
Not getting vaccinated - legal but required for federal employees and many others

Life is full of choices, and choices have consequences. I think people should be allowed to make bad choices for themselves. Things have a way of working out.

People who overuse marijuana will probably have some bad consequences as a result. Maybe they will learn their lesson and turn their lives around when they realize their self-destructive behavior is responsible for why they did not do well in school or can't hold a job, etc.

Like petro said, screw the Nanny State. I am all for Survival of the Fittest, Capitalism, and personal freedoms, and in order for me to have my freedom, some people might end up abusing theirs, but some people are like that.

Regards,
Jim
Banging your head against the wall isn't legal.

And pot is an INCREDIBLY dangerous and addictive drug.

Pot Pimps: Grooming America's children for calamity

Forum List

Back