Biden out to mandate washing machines comply to energy standards

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

In a nut shell, washing machines will be mandated to use less water, causing cloths not to be as clean and be more expensive, all to save the air!

But with rising inflation, the government is taking everything else from us anyway, so who cares?

Right?

Liberalism means literally a stinkier future. I wouldn't be surprised to see washing machines priced outside the budgets of ordinary Americans, they'd love to force the people into laundromats to do their wash.

In a nut shell, washing machines will be mandated to use less water, causing cloths not to be as clean and be more expensive, all to save the air!

But with rising inflation, the government is taking everything else from us anyway, so who cares?

Right?
Who wrote the laws that mandated these upgrades.

Ok so if they make it so they use less water all that means is people will wash less clothes at once and do more loads of laundry.

So the energy and water saved per load will be met or exceeded with more loads. If your machine uses 50% less water that just means you'll do 100% more loads of laundry. What I can wash in 1 load will take 2 loads if the water usage is reduced by half.

So this stunt means absolutely nothing at all.

Ok so if they make it so they use less water all that means is people will wash less clothes at once and do more loads of laundry.

So the energy and water saved per load will be met or exceeded with more loads. If your machine uses 50% less water that just means you'll do 100% more loads of laundry. What I can wash in 1 load will take 2 loads if the water usage is reduced by half.

So this stunt means absolutely nothing at all.
Damn it, stop making sense!!!

This is our government you are talking about.

Does it matter?

At this point, it would not surprise me if it were Trump himself

I'm just done with the entire Swamp.
It mattered to the courts who have obligated the Feds to update the energy standards this year and next on a whole host of household appliances. AC units, refrigerators, washers, dryers........Gas Stoves.....

I bought one of those recently and it's a pos.

It just kind of sprays water on the clothes. It doesn't even really agitate my clothes, they just kind of flip around in there.

It doesnlt do a very good job of actually cleaning the clothes. And it stretches the necks out on my tee shirts.

I miss my old top loader that actually washed in water and agitated my clothes.

I'm gonna put the pos out by the curb with a "Free'' sign on it and go buy another top loader.

It mattered to the courts who have obligated the Feds to update the energy standards this year and next on a whole host of household appliances. AC units, refrigerators, washers, dryers........Gas Stoves.....
The government does what it wants, the citizens have no voice.

I bought one of those recently and it's a pos.

I miss my old top loader that actually washed in water and agitated my clothes.

I'm gonna put the pos out by the curb with a "Free'' sign on it and go buy another top loader.
It should start a black market of washing machines.

Now that weed is legalized with much less profit, maybe they will start making washing machines that actually work instead.

Joe's machines will cost $250 more on average and they will take two runs to clean one load... Come on man this is Biden... nothing he proposes will ever work....

The days of freedom of consumer choice are ending.
How did we let the long reach of Big Gov't invade our private lives and dictate as to what type of appliance we MUST buy??

Right?
Efficient washing machines? That's it. I hereby switch to the Republican party. Enough is enough

Efficient washing machines? That's it. I hereby switch to the Republican party. Enough is enough
They will not clean your clothes... I know you libs smell anyway so you don't care but the rest of us want our clothes to be clean... I bet Jill won't buy a Biden washing machine....

They will not clean your clothes... I know you libs smell anyway so you don't care but the rest of us want our clothes to be clean... I bet Jill won't buy a Biden washing machine....
They will not clean my clothes because Rambunctious said so.

I'm sure the GOP will hold some hearings about how they don't get cloths clean, and then whine about it for votes but doing nothing about it.

Good move.

It should start a black market of washing machines.

Now that weed is legalized with much less profit, maybe they will start making washing machines that actually work instead.

They stopped making appliances that work when they offshored manufacturing. Buy stuff made in North America, Europe or Japan.

It just means they will mandate airbag on the front in case the load becomes unbalanced or some dumb shit. There is nothing the federal government does that will save you money. They will just double the cost of the machines.

Joe's machines will cost $250 more on average and they will take two runs to clean one load... Come on man this is Biden... nothing he proposes will ever work....
If I had a nickel for every time a dimwitted lefturd said something stupid I'd be a muti-gazilliinaire.

Forum List

Back