Biden to Juice The Economy

A former Trump administration official predicted the Federal Reserve would cut interest rates in 2024 to “juice the economy” before the election.

The Federal Reserve kept interest rates steady Wednesday, but signaled that rates could be lowered in 2024, despite inflation still being relatively high. “They will juice the economy in an election year by giving us rate cuts for Joe Biden.”

The decrease in inflation (not prices mind you), the decrease in gas prices, now we're talking "transitory".

‘They Will Juice The Economy’: Former Trump Official Says Fed Will Try To Boost Biden In 2024

I'm sure their anticipated reduction in interest rates has absolutely nothing to do with decreasing inflation back to normal levels.

Moron....

If they want going to juice the economy to pump up Biden, they'll have to cut interest rates pretty significantly. I really hope they don't do that, though. The economy has been juiced by obscenely low interest rates for far too long.

I'm sure their anticipated reduction in interest rates has absolutely nothing to do with decreasing inflation back to normal levels.

Moron....

If they want going to juice the economy to pump up Biden, they'll have to cut interest rates pretty significantly. I really hope they don't do that, though. The economy has been juiced by obscenely low interest rates for far too long.

Inflation has done it's damage. Prices are up and are not coming down.

The rate of inflation may be reducing, but people need prices to start to deflate.

"Juiced"....why do you think low interest rates are bad ? Curious and I respect your opinion.

They expect to need to as inflation continues to fall.
\
Don't forget the fed chair is a tRumpling appointee.
You really have a difficult time understanding Economics, don't you?

You stupid Moon Bats don't know anymore about Economics than you know about History, Biology, Climate Science, Ethics or the Constitution, do you?

Let me 'spain it to you, Moon Bat.

Inflation is cumulative. Just because it is a little lower today than it was in the past doesn't mean the damage done in the past goes away.

Potatohead's inflation has done tremendous damage to American working families and no amount of dishonest spin from the filthy DNC is going to change that.

Anybody that voted for Potatohead and then pretended he didn't steal the election is an idiot.

The rate of inflation may be reducing, but people need prices to start to deflate.

"Juiced"....why do you think low interest rates are bad ? Curious and I respect your opinion.

I'm just saying that even if the Fed lowers interest rates next year, they will still be significantly higher than what's been the case for pretty much the entire century, until the post-COVID recovery. If whatever the Fed does next year is juicing the economy, then the economy has been persistently juiced as a matter of course for a couple decades now.

Whether low interest rates are good or bad is a matter of perspective. Low interest rates are bad for my savings account but great for my mortgage. In any event, low interest rates help to fuel inflation. If you feel that the economy needs deflation (I'd disagree, but that's beside the point), then lowering interest rates is the wrong direction.

I personally think that high interest rates are more beneficial in the long term to a stable economy that benefits the working class. An interest bearing savings account with a decent rate is a far more beneficial and safer way for lower income people to incrementally build wealth from next to nothing. Low interest rates mostly benefit the more affluent, who can leverage nearly free money to build white collar wealth, which the lower income classes can't access.

You stupid Moon Bats don't know anymore about Economics than you know about History, Biology, Climate Science, Ethics or the Constitution, do you?

Inflation is cumulative. Just because it is a little lower today than it was in the past doesn't mean the damage done in the past goes away.

Potatohead's inflation has done tremendous damage to American working families and no amount of dishonest spin from the filthy DNC is going to change that.

Anybody that voted for Potatohead and then pretended he didn't steal the election is an idiot.
Only GOP base chumps don't know it's Putin war inflation and our economy is the best of the modern world, dupe.

Clearly you don't know anything about economics. So let me splain it to you.

Inflation is not inherently bad. Inflation can often be very beneficial. The key is to be able to manage inflation effectively. Continual mild inflation tends to be much healthier than attempting to manage a zero inflation economy. And it's much healthier than a deflationary economy, due to its effect on debt. While the value of money decreases in an inflationary economy, the value of debt increases in a deflationary economy.

This is why some people say that the current public debt is not as much of a problem as others worry it may be. They envision a steady inflationary economy where the relative value of $1000 that is borrowed today will decrease over time, and ten years from now only be half as much as it was when originally borrowed.

Your racist stupid brainwashed system is no Southern crossings at all like under Trump....BIDEN HAS TO build up the courts etc all over again. Stop destroying their countries with sanctions....
Wrong, these illegal aliens are not entitled to enter this country. It is a privilege, it must be earned and beneficial to the US. The bleeding heart inanity of liberals does nothing to strengthen the nation. Quite the opposite.

So stop it.

You are the bastards who keep trying to spin bullshit into cotton candy.
WRONG.

It's inflation. It aways goes up, When it doesn't it's no longer inflation. The terms being used are the same ones that are always used to describe it. You are tryng to twist them into something else by playing silly word games and then lying about it.

Inflation is basically at the fed's target rate. If it went negative it would be deflation and you'd like that even less than inflation. Inflation here was kept under what most other places experienced due to the Biden Administration's efforts.

But you keep on pretending you know more than us if it helps you feel better about yourself.

derp.jpg

Deflation would be a disaster. Incomes have inflated enough to keep up.

Forum List

Back