Biden’s grade on the economy rises to A-

Joe Biden is a very poor president. We all have less because of him

Screenshot_20240125-081322_Instagram.jpg

You have to be really stupid to be a Democrat. This is typical of Biden's America

This was even more typical of ”Trump’s America.” It is a phenomenon associated with the spread of internet commerce and particular problems of big old department stores. Americans over recent years have preferred shopping elsewhere, particularly over the internet. See this chart on the massive closings of Macys stores during Trump’s administration:

Macy's Closes 29 More Stores​

E-COMMERCE​

by Maria Vultaggio,
Jan 10, 2020
E-commerce in the United States

“A new year means more closures for Macy’s. The department-store giant is slated to shutter nearly 30 stores, the Wall Street Journal reported on January 8.

Macy’s has continued to struggle as more consumers turn to online shopping and competition increases. The company announced in August 2016 they would close as many as 100 stores in the coming years after experiencing six straight years of declining sales. They have continued to shut down locations as the leases expire. Macy’s currently manages 680 department stores and 190 specialty stores.”

IMG_0693.jpeg

Closing five more stores nationally? Wow...
Of course many more closings occurred under Trump!

Last edited:
This was even more typical of ”Trump’s America.” It is a phenomenon associated with the spread of internet commerce and particular problems of big old department stores. Americans over recent years have preferred shopping elsewhere, particularly over the internet. See this chart on the massive closings of Macy’s during Trump’s administration, and the announced plans at the beginning of his last year (2020) to dramatically increase these closings:

Macy's Closes 29 More Stores​

E-COMMERCE​

by Maria Vultaggio,
Jan 10, 2020
E-commerce in the United States

“A new year means more closures for Macy’s. The department-store giant is slated to shutter nearly 30 stores, the Wall Street Journal reported on January 8.

Macy’s has continued to struggle as more consumers turn to online shopping and competition increases. The company announced in August 2016 they would close as many as 100 stores in the coming years after experiencing six straight years of declining sales. They have continued to shut down locations as the leases expire. Macy’s currently manages 680 department stores and 190 specialty stores.”

View attachment 895221
Closing five more stores nationally? Wow...
Of course many more closings occurred under Trump!
A lot more stores than just Macy's struggling under Biden

A lot more stores than just Macy's struggling under Biden

That's funny. Your article highlights a photo of a closed Sears store.

But this photo...

5ba11349d8cb3.image.jpg

... is from 2017...

Who was president in September, 2017...?

Blisterfinger, aka ChoadBreath, finds the root cause of this problem.

:abgg2q.jpg:

But this photo...

5ba11349d8cb3.image.jpg

... is from 2017...

Yeah morons, the article is about more stores than just Macy's. Try to keep up. Fucking Democrat idiots LOL

Screenshot_20211110-194507_Chrome.jpg

But this photo...

5ba11349d8cb3.image.jpg

... is from 2017...

You have to be really stupid to be a Democrat
BREAKING: UPS plans to cut 12,000 jobs and explore the sale of its Coyote truck brokerage business in moves CEO Carol Tomé is taking to offset soft demand and higher union labor costs UPS to Cut 12,000 Jobs, Bring Workers in Five Days a Week
1:55
6:59 AM · Jan 30, 2024
·
Views

Blisterfinger , if you are going to argue economics, you need to learn how to argue intelligently. Every economist in the country acknowledges the long-term problems of old-style big box retailers like Macy’s and all but defunct Sears — and the success of other more flexible giant retailers like Amazon and Walmart — brought on by the internet and the increasing worldwide sourcing of products.

The worldwide slump in store visits to “Department Stores” during Covid, post Covid inflation due to logistic problems, scarcity of goods then, temporary family benefits during COVID and higher wages since, profit-taking, wars and now disruptions in the waters leading to the Suez Canal … all have had some obvious negative results. But you don’t acknowledge properly all the causes of inflation and just attack in hyper-partisan ways the present Administration’s economic policies … which have resulted in tremendous factory construction in the U.S., a good job outlook, lowering inflation, and reasonable interest rates for ordinary “savers” like myself for the first time in decades. I am very happy that I and all Americans now have a reasonable alternative to the ever risky stock market, where I or anyone can earn over 5% going forward on fully protected CDs and U.S. Treasury bonds.

Last edited:
You have to be really stupid to be a Democrat
BREAKING: UPS plans to cut 12,000 jobs and explore the sale of its Coyote truck brokerage business in moves CEO Carol Tomé is taking to offset soft demand and higher union labor costs UPS to Cut 12,000 Jobs, Bring Workers in Five Days a Week
1:55
6:59 AM · Jan 30, 2024
·
Views

Nah, stupid is blaming Democrats for private businesses make poor choices. But sadly for you, stupid is the only gear you drive in.

LOL

Your ignorance is noted and laughed at. In the real world, I didn't even mention Macy's in that post.
Moron, you missed the point. Bidenflation is devastating for businesses. You have to be really stupid to be a democrat!

Nah, stupid is blaming Democrats for private businesses make poor choices. But sadly for you, stupid is the only gear you drive in.
Again you miss the point. Bidenomics is devasting business! stupid is YOUR game. You own it.

Blisterfinger , if you are going to argue economics, you need to learn how to argue intelligently. Every economist in the country acknowledges the long-term problems of old-style big box retailers like Macy’s and all but defunct Sears — and the success of other more flexible giant retailers like Amazon and Walmart — brought on by the internet and the increasing worldwide sourcing of products.

The worldwide slump in store visits to “Department Stores” during Covid, post Covid inflation due to logistic problems, scarcity of goods then, temporary family benefits during COVID and higher wages since, profit-taking, wars and now disruptions in the waters leading to the Suez Canal … all have had some obvious negative results. But you don’t acknowledge properly all the causes of inflation and just attack in hyper-partisan ways the present Administration’s economic policies … which have resulted in tremendous factory construction in the U.S., a good job outlook, lowering inflation, and reasonable interest rates for ordinary “savers” like myself for the first time in decades. I am very happy that I and all Americans now have a reasonable alternative to the ever risky stock market, where I or anyone can earn over 5% going forward on fully protected CDs and U.S. Treasury bonds.

Maybe it is because the economy sucks and people are struggling dude. Do you think that might be why businesses are closing and Bidens numbers are so low. Did you think of that?
n

Forum List

Back