Big Brother Fines Utah HS for selling soda

The 'War on Soda?' Classic. This would be funny if it wasn't so tragically pathetic and sad. Stay tuned, because Big Brother has lots more Wars planned for the People.

No one forced the school to participate in the Natioanl School Lunch Program.

Why do you think federal dollars and support should be given to schools and their students free of conditions?

Why are the FEDS involved at ALL?

Because states want federal money

Tell me how moving the soda machine into another hallway will make lunches more healthy.

I'd be delighted to hear, Mr. Genius sir.

And it's adorable that since you fit so easily into the democrat box you think I'm a republican, rest assured I hate Romney as much as I hate your hero Obama.

Your side is the side that has to explain how moving poor nutritional choices to another hallway solves anything, I'm advocating for raising IQ's, better grades, less disciplinary problems, lower drop out rates, less drug use et al by removing poor nutrition choices from the schools. The proof is in the puddin', where poor nutrition choices are removed from the schools students do better.

Uh no, I'm on the side that says a school being fined tens of thousands of dollars for a vending machine in the wrong hallway is madness.

So you either agree with me that it's crazy or you disagree and think that it's justice being served. So you can either state your position on the issue or go out in left field and deflect with some link that had nothing to do with this topic.

g.

No I do not agree with you that it is crazy for getting federal money and not following the rules that apply to getting that money especially when it is a rule that makes children healthier and smarter

Your side is the side that has to explain how moving poor nutritional choices to another hallway solves anything, I'm advocating for raising IQ's, better grades, less disciplinary problems, lower drop out rates, less drug use et al by removing poor nutrition choices from the schools. The proof is in the puddin', where poor nutrition choices are removed from the schools students do better.

Uh no, I'm on the side that says a school being fined tens of thousands of dollars for a vending machine in the wrong hallway is madness.

So you either agree with me that it's crazy or you disagree and think that it's justice being served. So you can either state your position on the issue or go out in left field and deflect with some link that had nothing to do with this topic.

g.

No I do not agree with you that it is crazy for getting federal money and not following the rules that apply to getting that money especially when it is a rule that makes children healthier and smarter

Believe me, I know there's nothing gov't can do that you won't support.

The only thing you wouldn't support on any issue, is a scaling down of gov't, but lucky for you that'll never happen. So rejoice!

And you've won me over, you move that vending machine 20 feet, the kids in the school become smarter. That makes perfect sense. We need to hand out more fines, I remember at my high school the water fountains weren't cold enough so I didn't drink out of them much. This lessened the amount of healthy water my body took in for the day, that's gotta be a fine. I also remember all those school fundraisers we did where the school supplied us with candy bars, I bought a couple and ate them as a student to help my team, if that doesn't deserve a fine nothing does.

The 'War on Soda?' Classic. This would be funny if it wasn't so tragically pathetic and sad. Stay tuned, because Big Brother has lots more Wars planned for the People.

Why do you think federal dollars and support should be given to schools and their students free of conditions?

Because the People decided it so through their duly elected representatives in Congress.

The school lunch program is VOLUNTARY

Yes, Heil Big Brother!! I hear ya.

g.

The only thing you wouldn't support on any issue, is a scaling down of gov't, but lucky for you that'll never happen. So rejoice!

And you've won me over, you move that vending machine 20 feet, the kids in the school become smarter. That makes perfect sense. We need to hand out more fines, I remember at my high school the water fountains weren't cold enough so I didn't drink out of them much. This lessened the amount of healthy water my body took in for the day, that's gotta be a fine. I also remember all those school fundraisers we did where the school supplied us with candy bars, I bought a couple and ate them as a student to help my team, if that doesn't deserve a fine nothing does.
See this is the problem you are such a retard that you think supporting govt policies that feed people make them healthier and make them smarter means support the government kicking down your door and blowing your head to bits for no reason.

Jamie Oliver's school dinners shown to have improved academic results | Education | The Guardian
^In Greenwich schools switched to a healthier menu and as a result absences were reduced by 15%.
^Also test scores such as those in English and science increased by around 5%

The Answer Sheet - School junk food ban works, study finds
^Schools that banned "junk food" saw an 18% decline in student obesity.

Daily Kos: NYC schools feed students good food, test scores rise 16%
^New York City implemented a school lunch/breakfast/snack policy that focused on healthy food and eliminated unhealthy food choices, afterwards test scores increased by 16%

Why do you oppose policies that make children smarter and healthier?

Because the People decided it so through their duly elected representatives in Congress.

Until funds are pulled for infractions...

See this is the problem you are such a retard that you think supporting govt policies that feed people make them healthier and make them smarter means support the government kicking down your door and blowing your head to bits for no reason.

Jamie Oliver's school dinners shown to have improved academic results | Education | The Guardian
^In Greenwich schools switched to a healthier menu and as a result absences were reduced by 15%.
^Also test scores such as those in English and science increased by around 5%

The Answer Sheet - School junk food ban works, study finds
^Schools that banned "junk food" saw an 18% decline in student obesity.

Daily Kos: NYC schools feed students good food, test scores rise 16%
^New York City implemented a school lunch/breakfast/snack policy that focused on healthy food and eliminated unhealthy food choices, afterwards test scores increased by 16%

Why do you oppose policies that make children smarter and healthier?

Why are you so desperate to deflect?

The issue is a school being fined for having a vending machine in the wrong hallway.

Please, provide me a down the middle unbiased source like Daily Kos that shows me how moving the vending machine to another hallway will make the children smarter.

Ready.................set...........................GO!

So federal dollars should be handed out to schools free of condition?

Federal money shouldn't be at all much less LEAVE where they are needed in the first place.

YOU place too mcuh power in the hands of the Federal Imperial Gubmint...and are gleeful about it.

They should be handed out free of what hallway their vending machine is in.

Some of you gov't lovers are weird folks, it's like you drive 1 mph over the speeding limit, get pulled over and thank the cop for the ticket.

Federal money shouldn't be at all much less LEAVE where they are needed in the first place.

YOU place too mcuh power in the hands of the Federal Imperial Gubmint...and are gleeful about it.

So federal dollars should be handed out to schools free of condition?[

So federal dollars should NOT be handed out to schools free of condition, unless the condition is a hallway vending machine?

Why?

What if the schools want to serve nothing but gummy bears and coca-cola for lunch using federal dollars, that's OK with you?

So federal dollars should NOT be handed out to schools free of condition, unless the condition is a hallway vending machine?

Why?

What if the schools want to serve nothing but gummy bears and coca-cola for lunch using federal dollars, that's OK with you?

You're asking the wrong person, I want the federal gov't 100% out of education.

The more gov't gets involved in education, the faster we fall in the world rankings.

Why?

You're asking the wrong person, I want the federal gov't 100% out of education.

So shouldn't you be complaing about the school for accepted federal aid?

The more gov't gets involved in education, the faster we fall in the world rankings.
And the countries whose schools sit atop those rankings provide no support at all to their school systems?

Forum List

Back