Bill Cassidy and needing an AR-15 to kill feral Hogs

Never said it wasn't done but only on a very limited basis. Feral hogs are smart and not always that easily trapped let alone easily hunted. One TV show success does not always equate to wide spread success.

While pigs are pretty smart they're still stupid animals.
I've trapped dozens of the things with a single trap.

It's simple to trap them.
They've gotten pretty sophisticated in was to trap them these days.
They'll set up a 15'' diameter round pen that they raise up just high enough for the hogs to go under.
They have cameras set up that send the live video back to a laptop or phone,when they see as many hogs as they can expect to fall for it they hit a button and it drops the trap. They get 10 or 15 hogs at a time using this method.
And boy do those hogs get pissed!!!

Didn't know that. I wonder if those not caught when the trap is sprung will learn to avoid them.

Didn't know that. I wonder if those not caught when the trap is sprung will learn to avoid them.

Not sure they're that smart.
Like I said I've trapped dozens of the things with a single trap and they still come back.
I mainly wanted to get rid of the ones on my place because they'd undermine my bridge abutments.
And this is a serious bridge with huge concrete abutments that are 15'' x 10'' x10'' it would cost a small fortune to replace them.

Forum List

Back