Bill introduced to ban Howard Zinn's books from public schools

Ark. bill introduced to ban Howard Zinn books from public schools

I agree we need to ban unAmerican books like this filth,it will only make kids go to a public library and check it out. I know who he is and I don't have any interest in reading his filth marxist anti American garbage he passed off as literature. Its better to bring it up in class have an open discussion about this Anti American marxist scumbag and be done with it. :)

I don't agree with book banning. I do think that teachers must be ordered to give both sides of the argument and they would also have to check his source materials and make those available to the students.

Whatever excuse you want to make yourself more.....ahem.....comfortable about handing children over to priests.

Get back on topic.

And leave my children out of this conversation. Understand? You're fixing to make a mistake
So, you never brought your children into the conversation? That's more catfish stuff I guess. Right?

She did bring them into it. Why? She must have wanted to discuss them.

In any event, you're posts are spot on topic - schools banning books and parents deciding whether or not they want their kids to learn or just be indoctrinated.

And we know where the cath church stands on that question. We also know that priest molest children.

Personally, you couldn't pay me to take a child anywhere near that.
Amazing how the witches on this board support each other! Are you two in the same coven?

Back to the OP. Howard Zinn. A man who has rejected God's law and is going to spend eternity in hell paying for that decision. He'll have plenty of company!
That's right....you're one of those christers who believes in demons, the devil, hell, and all those other silly patriarchal religious fantasies.......:lol:

Oh noosss it's the Patriarchy! :eek:

Our children....not yours. You may go now

My condolences. Perhaps it's a genetic thing.
Some people prefer to hand their children over to priests...............

Priests are less likely to abuse a child than an educator is. You know damn well I've posted the study before but yet you continue to pick with your assinie and off topic BS.

You are worn out, tiresome and annoying, you bring nothing to the table and in short you're pretty much worthless.

Now go bother someone that isn't on to you and your lies, BoPete
Whatever excuse you want to make yourself more.....ahem.....comfortable about handing children over to priests.
You've got issues.
We all have issues.....not all of us have issues with fantasy religions.

Get back on topic.

And leave my children out of this conversation. Understand? You're fixing to make a mistake
So, you never brought your children into the conversation? That's more catfish stuff I guess. Right?

She did bring them into it. Why? She must have wanted to discuss them.

In any event, you're posts are spot on topic - schools banning books and parents deciding whether or not they want their kids to learn or just be indoctrinated.

And we know where the cath church stands on that question. We also know that priest molest children.

Personally, you couldn't pay me to take a child anywhere near that.
Amazing how the witches on this board support each other! Are you two in the same coven?

Back to the OP. Howard Zinn. A man who has rejected God's law and is going to spend eternity in hell paying for that decision. He'll have plenty of company!
That's right....you're one of those christers who believes in demons, the devil, hell, and all those other silly patriarchal religious fantasies.......:lol:

Oh noosss it's the Patriarchy! :eek:
17012505_1281586668599795_1273792437_n.jpg

Pretty sure they are.......almost all in Mexico are christian....lot's of them tattoo Our Lady of Guadalupe on themselves too.

You should visit Mexico some day. You might be surprised to find that it's nothing like you imagine.
I've gone quite a few times, living closer to the border than you. :lol:

I imagine donkey's in TJ flee in terror at the news you are in country...

Not exactly a "pious" nation.

Howard Zinn is a disgrace! He's not an educator. He's an indoctrinator!
I would expect a religious zealot to know a thing or two about indoctrination.

Howard Zinn did not indoctrinate, he challenged the indoctrinated to view history from a different perspective. That of the historically disadvantaged. A worthy exercise that apparently scares people. Wonder why.

Howard Zinn did not indoctrinate, he challenged the indoctrinated to view history from a different perspective. That of the historically disadvantaged. A worthy exercise that apparently scares people. Wonder why.

Because he's a leftist and his slant on history is designed to indoctrinate.

In the Credits, Noam Chomsky praises him up and down. That's enough for me to make a judgement.

A People's History of the United States: Howard Zinn: 8601400691809: Books - Amazon.ca Click the "Look Inside"

Here's an essay written on Zinn's book. This thing should not be a textbook in America.

Howard Zinn's Influential Mutilations of American History

:lmao:

Zinn provided Marxist agitprop. His "history" was fabricated horseshit designed to cast America and especially capitalism is a villainous role. It is the mirror opposite of history that shows America as incapable of any wrong. Both are the opposite of critical thought.

Zinn provided Marxist agitprop. His "history" was fabricated horseshit designed to cast America and especially capitalism is a villainous role. It is the mirror opposite of history that shows America as incapable of any wrong. Both are the opposite of critical thought.
Critical thinking is how one should attempt to process the information presented from both perspectives. Banning the book is just an attempt to silence one perspective because it is uncomfortable and denies the students the opportunity to develop critical thinking skills. Banning the book is in essence an attempt to indoctrinate.

I'm not a religious zealot but Howard Zinn is. He is pushing the religion of Communism and his mind is thoroughly twisted. His text books do not belong in any school.

Critical thinking is how one should attempt to process the information presented from both perspectives. Banning the book is just an attempt to silence one perspective because it is uncomfortable and denies the students the opportunity to develop critical thinking skills. Banning the book is in essence an attempt to indoctrinate.

No. Using an insanely biased book is a crappy idea.

Using that as a textbook, there are no "both" perspectives. There is only Zinn's perspective. Using only that book is denying students the opportunity to develop critical thinking skills.

2 options to alleviate the problem:

Use 1 unbiased textbook. Or..

Use Zinn's book and another one as a balance.

Which one is more economical?

Using that as a textbook, there are no "both" perspectives. There is only Zinn's perspective. Using only that book is denying students the opportunity to develop critical thinking skills.

Do teachers use Zinn's book exclusively? I would find that hard to believe.

Yeah, I suppose it's extra reading in history class. It doesn't need to be in the curriculum at all.

aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.gif

http://bwcentral.org/2014/08/howard...-book-a-peoples-history-of-the-united-states/

We do not teach high school students American History using Mein Kampf, does that mean the book is "banned?" No one is suggesting that Zinn's Marxist propaganda be banned. It simply is not appropriate to treat it as legitimate and use it as a basis of curriculum

[

A teacher should not use Zinn's agitprop at all; no more than they should use Mein Kampf or the Bible. If a student wants to learn about the Marxist perversion of fact to promote a Communist world view, they are free to go to the library.

Pretty sure they are.......almost all in Mexico are christian....lot's of them tattoo Our Lady of Guadalupe on themselves too.

You should visit Mexico some day. You might be surprised to find that it's nothing like you imagine.

I'm sure that's part of your imagining.

I'm sure that's part of your imagining.

Damn, I have my own stalker.

You have UTTERLY nothing to do in your life, save drink yourself into a stupor and stalk people on the internet. What a sad little life you have.

Forum List

Back