Bill Maher to tea partiers: The Founding Fathers would’ve hated your guts

Why are you still acting as if your opinion of conservatives matters? You're a leftist.

Nope. Your right wing agenda of reactionary politics makes even the mainstream GOP lefty to you. That simply shows how far to the right you are.
Not the mainstream GOP, Jake (although they've been sliding leftward for a couple of decades).

YOU. You're a leftist.
Nope. You are a far right reactionary who thinks Goldwater today would be a lefty. You are not fooling anyone, daveman.

Nope. Your right wing agenda of reactionary politics makes even the mainstream GOP lefty to you. That simply shows how far to the right you are.
Not the mainstream GOP, Jake (although they've been sliding leftward for a couple of decades).

YOU. You're a leftist.
Nope. You are a far right reactionary who thinks Goldwater today would be a lefty. You are not fooling anyone, daveman.
Wrong. Goldwater had it right. You're nowhere near Goldwater, Obama Boi.

You are not even GOP, daveman, so your opinion is your own, and worthless.

daveman engages regularly in a Straw Man Fallacy when he get make regular, objective comments of power.

Description of Straw Man The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

Person A has position X.
Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
Person B attacks position Y.
Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.

http://www.onlinedebate.net/forums/entry.php/114-Learn-about-the-Straw-Man-Fallacy

Last edited:
You are not even GOP, daveman, so your opinion is your own, and worthless.

daveman engages regularly in a Straw Man Fallacy when he get make regular, objective comments of power.

Description of Straw Man The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

Person A has position X.
Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
Person B attacks position Y.
Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.

Learn about the Straw Man Fallacy - Blogs - Online Debate Network
I'm a registered Republican, kid. So the rest of your post after your ludicrous statement can safely be discarded as meaningless.

No, you are not. Your opinion about Repubican politics is meaningless.

Last edited:
You made the claim that you are a registered Republican. You can prove it by posting your registration.

By even more telling is your far right talking points. Those are not mainstream Republicanism.

Mud, forgive me for typing quickly; I will engage my "mud grammar check" for you from now on. :lol:

the Founders were individuals. They disagreed among themselves. They fought. They argued.

Bingo. Some would support the tea people (though I'm not quite sure who), and some, believe it or not, would agree with the Democrats.

It would just set my heart aflutter if I could hear a conservative admit that simple statement; "Some would agree with the Democrats."

Benedict Arnold would have agreed with the democrats: we need someone to tell the masses what to do and how to think. :eusa_angel:

the Founders were individuals. They disagreed among themselves. They fought. They argued.

Bingo. Some would support the tea people (though I'm not quite sure who), and some, believe it or not, would agree with the Democrats.

It would just set my heart aflutter if I could hear a conservative admit that simple statement; "Some would agree with the Democrats."

Benedict Arnold would have agreed with the democrats: we need someone to tell the masses what to do and how to think. :eusa_angel:

That is more squirrely from you, logical4u, then usual. Amazing.

You made the claim that you are a registered Republican. You can prove it by posting your registration.

By even more telling is your far right talking points. Those are not mainstream Republicanism.

Mud, forgive me for typing quickly; I will engage my "mud grammar check" for you from now on. :lol:

Once again jakes talking about a subject he has no knowledge of being in the mainstream.

Once again jakes talking about a subject he has no knowledge of being in the mainstream.

The motherklucker is trying to say something. Try again, kiddo, and try to make sense this time.

The motherklucker is trying to say something. Try again, kiddo, and try to make sense this time.

Shall I repeat it one more time
Jake is talking about a subject he has no knowledge of "the mainstream" You are as left of center as you can get without being like longhner.

Wrong. You first made the claim that I wasn't. So prove it, kid.

But somehow, you never get around to proving your claims. You just say you did later.
When did I ever claim to be a mainstream Republican?

Oh, yeah. I didn't. I'm a conservative Republican. Apparently, mainstream Republicans get all leg-tingly for Obama.

But somehow, you never get around to proving your claims. You just say you did later.

Oh, yeah. I didn't. I'm a conservative Republican. Apparently, mainstream Republicans get all leg-tingly for Obama.

Yep that just about sums it up completely:clap2:

Going by the "mainstream Republicans" here at USMB, yup.

If starkey is a mainstream republican he should not have a problem supporting George Bush or McCain or or any New England Republican. But does he? I haven't seen it maybe you have.

If starkey is a mainstream republican he should not have a problem supporting George Bush or McCain or or any New England Republican. But does he? I haven't seen it maybe you have.
I don't recall any discussion by Jake about them in particular, but I've never seen Jake support any Republican.

I don't recall any discussion by Jake about them in particular, but I've never seen Jake support any Republican.

Well I mention those because if jake is mainstream reupblican heshould not hgave a problem supporting them, yet he does not support them.

Forum List

Back