bill oreilly .......more lies....how stupid are his followers?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
Recently on Fox News, O’Reilly put this on the screen from Sue Janzen of Yorba Linda, Calif.: “We went to the Reagan Library, and were told they do not sell Killing Reagan because it’s not factual.” Then O’Reilly said: “You were deceived, Sue. The Reagan Library is angry at Martin Dugard and me because we’re seeking” the Cannon memo. He added: “The memo’s disappeared. But Dugard and I are on the case and the library is not happy about it.”

“Disappeared”? His crude intimation was that the allegedly deceptive library is hiding the memo. The library, however, has never had it because when James Cannon wrote it, he was not a member of the White House staff, hence the memo was not a “presidential record.”

Bill O’Reilly makes a mess of history

why is it we only object to the lies of the 'other' party?

Recently on Fox News, O’Reilly put this on the screen from Sue Janzen of Yorba Linda, Calif.: “We went to the Reagan Library, and were told they do not sell Killing Reagan because it’s not factual.” Then O’Reilly said: “You were deceived, Sue. The Reagan Library is angry at Martin Dugard and me because we’re seeking” the Cannon memo. He added: “The memo’s disappeared. But Dugard and I are on the case and the library is not happy about it.”

“Disappeared”? His crude intimation was that the allegedly deceptive library is hiding the memo. The library, however, has never had it because when James Cannon wrote it, he was not a member of the White House staff, hence the memo was not a “presidential record.”

REGAN STAFF BLAMED FOR MEMO FUROR

Fitzwater said the source of the concerns about the president's ability to govern was grousing by aides to Donald T. Regan, the presidential chief of staff. Regan was ousted after the Iran-contra affair, and his aides were likely to lose their jobs as well.

"It's total nonsense," Fitzwater said of the charges. "It speaks more to the state of mind of some of the staff here than it does about the president."

"No truth at all," the president shouted to reporters as he walked back to the Oval Office from a late morning briefing in the Old Executive Office Building.

Cannon, who was an aide to former chief of staff Howard H. Baker Jr., said much the same in a telephone interview from Atlanta. Cannon acknowledged that he had raised the issue in a brief memo to Baker as the former Tennessee senator prepared to assume his White House position in late February 1987. But Cannon said they quickly dismissed the issue after seeing the president.

After he saw Reagan, Cannon said, "It was obvious that it was not Ronald Reagan who had the problem; it was those White House staff people."

I am not a big George Will fan (I guess it's mostly his atheism that draws me away in some respects), but I laud him for taking on the pompous, arrogant, know-it-all. Bill O’Reilly gives Christianity and conservatism a bad face all too often. The way he goes about his interviews on his show is just plain rude. He is the hack in the room. He is not alone, Hannity, even Kelly are there. Then after 4 minutes of bullying, O'Reilly has the gall to say "good debate." LOL

But just based upon O’Reilly and his ego alone, I would never read a book of his or trust what he says. George Will exposed him and now O’Reilly knows he is a laugh-at in many professional circles. That must grate on him terribly.

Liberals drive me nuts too, yes. "Stupid followers" litter the entire political landscape. But that is not the primary topic here.

Forum List

Back