Bill Taylor's opening statement- quid pro quo

I recommend everyone read Bill Taylor's opening statement today.
Top US diplomat to Ukraine testifies there was a quid pro quo

I suggest reading the entire thing because there is great perspective in his statement.

While it confirms the quid pro quo that had been suspected- what is perhaps even more disturbing is his description of a shadow diplomacy being led by Rudy Giuliani- the President's private attorney- in leading America's diplomatic conversation with Ukraine.

I know that the Trump supporters will reflexively attack Bill Taylor.....but for anyone who thinks that they are objective- read his statement.

Read it.
I did there was no quid pro quo.. just a deep stater that got exposed.. go away haters

LOL god you Trumpettes are so predictable.

During this same phone call I had with Mr. Morrison, he went on to describe a

conversation Ambassador Sondland had with Mr. Yermak at Warsaw. Ambassador

Sondland told Mr. Yermak that the security assistance money would not come until

President Zelenskyy committed to pursue the Burisma investigation. I was alarmed by

what Mr. Morrison told me about the Sondland-Yermak conversation. This was the first

time I had heard that the security assistance—not just the White House meeting—was

conditioned on the investigations.

Ambassador Sondland also told me that he now recognized that he had made a mistake

by earlier telling the Ukrainian officials to whom he spoke that a White House meeting

with President Zelenskyy was dependent on a public announcement of investigations-in

fact, Ambassador Sondland said, “everything” was dependent on such an

announcement, including security assistance. He said that President Trump wanted

President Zelenskyy “in a public box” by making a public statement about ordering such

investigations.

My Daughters girlfriend said she heard from her brother that their neighbor had a friend who had a cousin that talked to an assistant to the ambassadors gardener who said that he heard a guy at the bar say that Trump engaged in quid pro quo.

IMPEACH

Wow I didn't know your Daughter was an Ambassador or that her girlfriend was an Ambassador who was recounting what the President of the United States had told her.

Ambassador Sondland also told me that he now recognized that he had made a mistake

by earlier telling the Ukrainian officials to whom he spoke that a White House meeting

with President Zelenskyy was dependent on a public announcement of investigations-in

announcement, including security assistance. He said that President Trump wanted

President Zelenskyy “in a public box” by making a public statement about ordering such

investigations.

What I think is funny is this cry of 'hearsay' when we all know- if Bill Taylor said he had heard the words straight from Trump's mouth you would still be defending Trump's quid pro quo.

Rep. Ratcliffe: Ambassador Taylor again today I found him to be forthright. He had very strong opinions on Donald Trump’s approach to foreign policy. But again the mainstream media reporting that he provided evidence of a quid pro quo involving military aid is false. I questioned him directly on that. Under Adam Schiff’s rules I can’t tell you what he said but I can tell you what he didn’t say. Neither he or any other witness has provided testimony that the Ukrainians were aware that military aide was being withheld. You can’t have a quid pro quo with no quo!

Except of course for the actual words of Bill Taylor's prepared statement.

During this same phone call I had with Mr. Morrison, he went on to describe a conversation Ambassador Sondland had with Mr. Yermak[a Ukrainian official] at Warsaw. Ambassador Sondland told Mr. Yermak that the security assistance money would not come until President Zelenskyy committed to pursue the Burisma investigation. I was alarmed by what Mr. Morrison told me about the Sondland-Yermak conversation. This was the first time I had heard that the security assistance—not just the White House meeting—was conditioned on the investigations.
He described a conversation of what he think he heard.. meanwhile

Sondland “no pro quid quo”

He heard wrong time to move on.

I suggest reading the entire thing because there is great perspective in his statement.

While it confirms the quid pro quo that had been suspected- what is perhaps even more disturbing is his description of a shadow diplomacy being led by Rudy Giuliani- the President's private attorney- in leading America's diplomatic conversation with Ukraine.

I know that the Trump supporters will reflexively attack Bill Taylor.....but for anyone who thinks that they are objective- read his statement.

Read it.
I did there was no quid pro quo.. just a deep stater that got exposed.. go away haters

Sondland told Mr. Yermak that the security assistance money would not come until

President Zelenskyy committed to pursue the Burisma investigation. I was alarmed by

what Mr. Morrison told me about the Sondland-Yermak conversation. This was the first

time I had heard that the security assistance—not just the White House meeting—was

investigations.

My Daughters girlfriend said she heard from her brother that their neighbor had a friend who had a cousin that talked to an assistant to the ambassadors gardener who said that he heard a guy at the bar say that Trump engaged in quid pro quo.

IMPEACH

Wow I didn't know your Daughter was an Ambassador or that her girlfriend was an Ambassador who was recounting what the President of the United States had told her.

investigations.

What I think is funny is this cry of 'hearsay' when we all know- if Bill Taylor said he had heard the words straight from Trump's mouth you would still be defending Trump's quid pro quo.
What did sonland say!? No pro quid quo lol

Bill Taylor is a nevertrumper, not to be believed.

And you know that because
a) He is a Vietnam War Veteran?
b) A West Point graduate?
c) Was an officer with the 101 Airborne?
d) A Bronze Star medal holder?
e) 5 years as an advisor to the U.S in NATO
f) 10 years as an ambassador coordinating assistance to Eastern Europe
g) His work in Kabul coordinating assistance in Afghanistan
h) His work in Baghdad as Director of Iraq Reconstruction?
i) His 3 years as Ambassador to Ukraine under President Bush?

I can see why you believe that a man with such honorable service can't be believed.

After all- you believe the orange draft dodger and his lies.

Read it.

Read it, why should I? John Ratcliffe had him reversing his position is less than 2 minutes. No quid pro quo. See both sides can leak, except the commies never leak exculpatory evidence, it's all about their propaganda and the msms willingness to report it.

'Read it, why should I"

The position of every Trumpkin.

If it isn't spoon fed to you by Trump and Hannity it doesn't exist.

Read it.
I read his statement earlier. It's completely hearsay! He has bias against Trump.
Sigh. So very predictable.

He certainly did repeat what he heard. That is what is so damning.

Please feel free to show his bias against Trump in his opening statement.
so very true. that fking sucks doesn't it? why are you afraid of the 2020 elections?

It certainly does suck that the acting Ambassador to Ukraine has recounted very specific quid pro quo for the personal political gain of the President of the United States.

Where did I say I was afraid of the 2020 elections?

The only one who really appears afraid of the 2020 elections is Donald Trump- who went to the extraordinary effort of asking demanding that Ukraine dig up dirt on his political, but also called on Commie China to do so also

Read it.

investigations.

IMPEACH

investigations.

What did sonland say!? No pro quid quo lol

yeah- Sonland did say no quid pro quo.....and then went on to say"

investigations.

If I am the mayor of a small town and I tell you that the only way you get the town's garbage contract is to give $50K to my election fund- but I tell you that it isn't a 'quid pro quo'- does that mean it isn't a quid pro quo and is therefore legal?

Last edited:

Read it.
I'm not a trump supporter, but I do lean to the right. I wont attack him, rather, I say, lets get this thing started. The dems.have the evidence, let's get the articles drawn up and sent to the house for a full vote so we can get this thing moving.

Did you read Bill Taylor's statement? You can certainly have an opinion on what he said.

Actually what he said was different than what he wrote, you seem to have trouble disguising the difference.

Read it.
I read his statement earlier. It's completely hearsay! He has bias against Trump.
Sigh. So very predictable.

He certainly did repeat what he heard. That is what is so damning.

Please feel free to show his bias against Trump in his opening statement.
so very true. that fking sucks doesn't it? why are you afraid of the 2020 elections?

It certainly does suck that the acting Ambassador to Ukraine has recounted very specific quid pro quo for the personal political gain of the President of the United States.

Where did I say I was afraid of the 2020 elections?

The only one who really appears afraid of the 2020 elections is Donald Trump- who went to the extraordinary effort of asking demanding that Ukraine dig up dirt on his political, but also called on Commie China to do so also
no he didn't. sorry, didn't happen, the ukraine leader said nothing happened. you can't get passed that one jack. I don't care how many squirrels you stick up your ass.

'You can’t have a quid pro quo without the other party being aware there’s a quid and reports indicated the Ukrainian government was unaware that aid was allegedly being withheld to pressure them to dig up dirt on Trump opponent Joe Biden. And the aid wasn’t really aid, but was additional Javelin anti-tank missiles bought and paid for by Ukraine with its own money.'

('But as long as we are on the subject of whether or not President Trump was jeopardizing U.S. national security by withholding military aid for political purposes, consider that almost as soon as Trump took office he had restored lethal aid to Ukraine that the Obama-Biden administration had cut off.')

Hmmmmm......

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/10/trump_gave_ukraine_what_obama_withheld.html

'You can’t have a quid pro quo without the other party being aware there’s a quid and reports indicated the Ukrainian government was unaware that aid was allegedly being withheld to pressure them to dig up dirt on Trump opponent Joe Biden. And the aid wasn’t really aid, but was additional Javelin anti-tank missiles bought and paid for by Ukraine with its own money.'

('But as long as we are on the subject of whether or not President Trump was jeopardizing U.S. national security by withholding military aid for political purposes, consider that almost as soon as Trump took office he had restored lethal aid to Ukraine that the Obama-Biden administration had cut off.')

Hmmmmm......

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/10/trump_gave_ukraine_what_obama_withheld.html

his name was obammy.

Read it.

Fifteen pages of unadulterated crap. On page 10 he lays out in only a couple sentences the real truth. Trump was dissatisfied with the poor contributions from the Eurotrash. And he wanted the Ukrainians to investigate their corruption including the Burisma scam in which the former VP sold his office for the benefit of his worthless drug addled son, and Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election. Not only that he wanted the Ukrainian President to state publicly what he was doing. This was Trump looking out for American interests, something the KenyanBastard had no interest in.

And by 'fifteen pages of unadulterated crap' you mean of course there are several pages that are quite damning about Trump's attempted corruption in Ukraine- in addition to a very specific recounting of conversations by Trump's team on how to pressure the government of the Ukraine to dig up dirt on Trump's political rival.
where, post the transcript!!

the links of Bill Taylor's testimony have been posted multiple times. Sorry that clicking onto a link is too challenging for a Trumpette.
those are not transcripts. not at all all hearsay. I don't do hearsay, In my country hearsay is a no no. how about your country?

Hells bells- you support the President of the United States pushing an investigation into the Biden's based upon nothing. Not even hearsay.

I realize that
a) you are a Trumpette so logic and facts are a challenge and
b) you are not a lawyer and just parroting what the right wing media feeds you.
c) you seem to think that an impeachment investigation is a criminal proceeding.
d) you really don't know how hearsay works in a criminal proceeding- which of course this is not
Hearsay Evidence - FindLaw

u6sj9mH84QwQK6hP0YXqvE2gmp3XYXPBc2oLCfueIXG2On4Dx7Tq1nCWS7QPnBjk7_HZeaL7I8wfeifzFBT4cx7KydmFNp5cP52sLfBf-sOqpNyUJh99g1voHlRMKdOWqqkFV0vsjvZ7Kn-ygK7wOcgubzg3VO3uv05qoA_ILMqJKN6K=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear Vet:

Yesterday afternoon, Bill Taylor – a West Point graduate, Vietnam War veteran with the 101st Airborne Division, and the top American diplomat in Ukraine – testified for 10 hours that Donald Trump held security aid as leverage to dig up dirt on a political opponent.

The White House’s response? They called it a coordinated smear campaign from “radical unelected bureaucrats waging war on the Constitution” — the very Constitution Bill Taylor swore to defend when he joined the military.

It is a shameful attack on an honorable man, but nothing is below this administration.

We are gearing up to enter this fight in a big way, but we need your help to get it done. So we’re asking:

Can you contribute?

Thank you for chipping in to support us in this work. I think you’re going to proud of the role we play in this fight, and your help making it happen.

All our best,

The team at VoteVets

Give me a fucking break. Taylor is a career state dept lackey, that disagrees with the way Trump conducts foreign policy. Guess what, it's not Taylor's job to second guess the president, his job is to carry out the policy of the administration. If he can't do that, as a supposedly honorable man, he should resign, not try to back stab his boss.

You fellows smear some good people in your self-abasing defense of Trump.

Really, tell me specifically where I got it wrong.

Fifteen pages of unadulterated crap. On page 10 he lays out in only a couple sentences the real truth. Trump was dissatisfied with the poor contributions from the Eurotrash. And he wanted the Ukrainians to investigate their corruption including the Burisma scam in which the former VP sold his office for the benefit of his worthless drug addled son, and Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election. Not only that he wanted the Ukrainian President to state publicly what he was doing. This was Trump looking out for American interests, something the KenyanBastard had no interest in.

And by 'fifteen pages of unadulterated crap' you mean of course there are several pages that are quite damning about Trump's attempted corruption in Ukraine- in addition to a very specific recounting of conversations by Trump's team on how to pressure the government of the Ukraine to dig up dirt on Trump's political rival.
where, post the transcript!!

the links of Bill Taylor's testimony have been posted multiple times. Sorry that clicking onto a link is too challenging for a Trumpette.
those are not transcripts. not at all all hearsay. I don't do hearsay, In my country hearsay is a no no. how about your country?

Hells bells- you support the President of the United States pushing an investigation into the Biden's based upon nothing. Not even hearsay.

I realize that
a) you are a Trumpette so logic and facts are a challenge and
b) you are not a lawyer and just parroting what the right wing media feeds you.
c) you seem to think that an impeachment investigation is a criminal proceeding.
d) you really don't know how hearsay works in a criminal proceeding- which of course this is not
Hearsay Evidence - FindLaw
I want the corruption of the 2016 election investigated. That's what the three year Mueller probe was doing, why are you now against that? What changed?

investigations.

What Taylor expressed was merely his opinion....and he tried to get someone to agree with him....and they said "take a walk"

IIRC, Bill Taylor was only in the Trump administration since sometime in June of 2019.

P.S. I think he's whistle blower No. 1.

Bill Taylor did express his opinion- he also recounted specific conversations describing the quid pro quo- glad to repeat them here again:

investigations.

on September 8, Ambassador Sondland and I spoke on the phone.

He said he had talked to President Trump as I had suggested a week earlier, but that

President Trump was adamant that President Zelenskyy, himself, had to “clear things up

and do it in public.” President Trump said it was not a “quid pro quo.” Ambassador

Sondland said that he had talked to President Zelenskyy and Mr. Yermak and told them

that, although this was not a quid pro quo, if President Zelenskyy did not “clear things

up” in public, we would be at a “stalemate.” I

we love his opinion, but when asked about if they knew the treasury was holding back funds to guarantee no more corruption, he said they had no idea. They didn’t even know about it lol

Stop spreading fake news

Sorry- I wasn't repeating any of Trump or Hannity's talking points so- no I am not spreading fake news.

Despite what you Trumpettes keep saying- repeating a person's actual statement is not "Fake News"- now repeating Trump's lies- that would be Fake News.

Glad to post Taylor's testimony again:

investigations.

He said he had talked to President Trump as I had suggested a week earlier, but that

President Trump was adamant that President Zelenskyy, himself, had to “clear things up

and do it in public.” President Trump said it was not a “quid pro quo.” Ambassador

Sondland said that he had talked to President Zelenskyy and Mr. Yermak and told them

that, although this was not a quid pro quo, if President Zelenskyy did not “clear things

Lol if that’s the case call for trump to resign, have a vote.. what’s the hold up? You don’t even believe it
Great.
President Trump you should resign!

I will be glad to have that vote right now.

Or we could just wait for the impeachment investigation to be complete. Why are you so scared of the investigation?

u6sj9mH84QwQK6hP0YXqvE2gmp3XYXPBc2oLCfueIXG2On4Dx7Tq1nCWS7QPnBjk7_HZeaL7I8wfeifzFBT4cx7KydmFNp5cP52sLfBf-sOqpNyUJh99g1voHlRMKdOWqqkFV0vsjvZ7Kn-ygK7wOcgubzg3VO3uv05qoA_ILMqJKN6K=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear Vet:

Yesterday afternoon, Bill Taylor – a West Point graduate, Vietnam War veteran with the 101st Airborne Division, and the top American diplomat in Ukraine – testified for 10 hours that Donald Trump held security aid as leverage to dig up dirt on a political opponent.

The White House’s response? They called it a coordinated smear campaign from “radical unelected bureaucrats waging war on the Constitution” — the very Constitution Bill Taylor swore to defend when he joined the military.

It is a shameful attack on an honorable man, but nothing is below this administration.

We are gearing up to enter this fight in a big way, but we need your help to get it done. So we’re asking:

Can you contribute?

Thank you for chipping in to support us in this work. I think you’re going to proud of the role we play in this fight, and your help making it happen.

All our best,

The team at VoteVets

Give me a fucking break. Taylor is a career state dept lackey, that disagrees with the way Trump conducts foreign policy. Guess what, it's not Taylor's job to second guess the president, his job is to carry out the policy of the administration. If he can't do that, as a supposedly honorable man, he should resign, not try to back stab his boss.

You fellows smear some good people in your self-abasing defense of Trump.

Really, tell me specifically where I got it wrong.

giphy.gif

What Taylor expressed was merely his opinion....and he tried to get someone to agree with him....and they said "take a walk"

IIRC, Bill Taylor was only in the Trump administration since sometime in June of 2019.

P.S. I think he's whistle blower No. 1.

Bill Taylor did express his opinion- he also recounted specific conversations describing the quid pro quo- glad to repeat them here again:

investigations.

we love his opinion, but when asked about if they knew the treasury was holding back funds to guarantee no more corruption, he said they had no idea. They didn’t even know about it lol

Stop spreading fake news

Sorry- I wasn't repeating any of Trump or Hannity's talking points so- no I am not spreading fake news.

Despite what you Trumpettes keep saying- repeating a person's actual statement is not "Fake News"- now repeating Trump's lies- that would be Fake News.

Glad to post Taylor's testimony again:

investigations.

Lol if that’s the case call for trump to resign, have a vote.. what’s the hold up? You don’t even believe it
Great.
President Trump you should resign!

I will be glad to have that vote right now.

Or we could just wait for the impeachment investigation to be complete. Why are you so scared of the investigation?
let's see the vote ahead of that, k? chicken? baka, baka, baka, baka, baka, baka, baka, baka,

giphy.gif

Read it.

Moron....you can't....it is behind the Iron Schiff Curtain.......and the truth is this asshat discredited his own testimony as reported by people in the room...

Nolte: Adam Schiff Desperate to Hide Inconvenient William Taylor Testimony

The truth.....

Nolte: Adam Schiff Desperate to Hide Inconvenient William Taylor Testimony

Worse still, while Taylor’s opening statement is leaked to the media, this one-sided document from a career diplomat who obviously despises Trump, the transcripts and recordings of his entire testimony remain hidden, guarded, secreted away… And the so-called media are perfectly fine with this, perfectly happy to publish what Schiff wants them to publish, even though they know it does not tell the full truth.

And in the specific case of Taylor, according to three Republican Congressman who were in the room, the testimony Taylor gave that completely undercuts the narrative about his “smoking gun” opening statement remains hidden from the public, and we are now stuck with an incurious press that just doesn’t want to hear the full and inconvenient truth.

Appearing with Sean Hannity on Fox News after Taylor’s testimony, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) said, “The truth is, in two minutes, John Ratcliffe destroyed this witness. There is no quid pro quo.”

Earlier in the day, Rep. Ratcliffe (R-TX) himself verified this while complaining (justifiably) about how he is restricted from revealing the full truth of what happened. He did, though, say what he felt he could:

I found [Taylor] to be very forthright. He had very strong opinions about Donald Trump’s approach to foreign policy. But again, the mainstream media reporting that he provided evidence of a quid pro quo involving military aid is false. I questioned him directly on that. And under [House Intelligence Chairman] Adam Schiff’s rules I can’t tell you what he said, but I can tell you what he didn’t say. And neither he or any other witness has provided testimony that the Ukrainians were aware that military aid was being withheld. You can’t have a quid pro quo with no quo.

And more.....democrats...this is going to boomerang on you so hard you kids will feel it...

Using Twitter, Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) said of Taylor’s testimony and the lapdog media’s coverage of it… “The leaks out of today’s witness interview have been laughably overblown and don’t tell the full story. Still no evidence of quid pro quo. Much of the statement and hearsay allegations didn’t hold up against any real scrutiny. The FULL transcript should be released immediately.”

Forum List

Back