Billionaire Harlan Crow Bought Property From Clarence Thomas. The Justice Didn’t Disclose the Deal.

No one knew about Thomas's free gifts from the billionaire until now.

This is not the first time he has not reported gifts or income. Not even the second time.

Since when are JUDGES, of all people, above the law?

High crimes and MISDEMEANORS, dipshit. You certainly have a very selective brain.

A mistake? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! Do we really want a judge who can't even understand the most basic laws about disclosure? Seriously?

Are you really so stupid as to bleev Thomas's MULTIPLE infractions were "mistakes"?

I keep forgetting just how credulous you rubes are, but then you keep reminding me.
Hey asshole, your blatant racism is showing. No laws were broken you stupid one-sided piss drinking RUBE. Now tell us how Biden has “disclosed all his income” again. Continue to be an ignorant racist.

The purchase included three properties, one of which was Thomas's mother's house. And she still lives there.

The properties were purchased at a price almost triple the value of what Thomas has claimed the properties are worth.

The man is a crook who takes bribes.
No, you’re a racist piece of shit who does nothing but lie.

It just gets sleazier and sleazier.

In 2014, one of Texas billionaire Harlan Crow’s companies purchased a string of properties on a quiet residential street in Savannah, Georgia. It wasn’t a marquee acquisition for the real estate magnate, just an old single-story home and two vacant lots down the road. What made it noteworthy were the people on the other side of the deal: Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and his relatives.

The transaction marks the first known instance of money flowing from the Republican megadonor to the Supreme Court justice. The Crow company bought the properties for $133,363 from three co-owners — Thomas, his mother and the family of Thomas’ late brother, according to a state tax document and a deed dated Oct. 15, 2014, filed at the Chatham County courthouse.

Justice Thomas's mother still lives in the House the billionaire bought.

The disclosure form Thomas filed for that year also had a space to report the identity of the buyer in any private transaction, such as a real estate deal. That space is blank.

“He needed to report his interest in the sale,” said Virginia Canter, a former government ethics lawyer now at the watchdog group CREW. “Given the role Crow has played in subsidizing the lifestyle of Thomas and his wife, you have to wonder if this was an effort to put cash in their pockets.”

[snip]

It’s unclear if Crow paid fair market value for the Thomas properties. Crow also bought several other properties on the street and paid significantly less than his deal with the Thomases. One example: In 2013, he bought a pair of properties on the same block — a vacant lot and a small house — for a total of $40,000.
Are you even serious with this? Please tell me that you're kidding and I'll say, "Ok, you had me going for a minute, there."

$133K and change, and you think he bought a Supreme Court justice? Come on, man! Don't forget, it wasn't a cash gift. Is your, or your article's claim that 133K is more than market value and that the additional money was to buy influence? How much over the fair market value do you claim that it was?

Oh wait . . . "
It’s unclear if Crow paid fair market value for the Thomas properties.
Well, that is some in-depth investigative reporting, right there, boy!

Why did the reporter not simply ask a local realtor what the value of tha house and two lots was in 2015? My guess: She did, and did not get the answer she hoped for, so she ran with a story she knew was nothing but innuendo, and a comparison to another deal which may have had a run-down house destined for demolition before a new one could be built.

Stop stressing out that there is a black Republican on the court. Save your hate for President Trump and Vice President Haley.

"The Big Guy" was unavailable for comment.
yea nice deflection, that is a fake unfounded BS scandal with no merit or credible evidence.

This is a real deal, caught red handed commiting serious MAGA Deep State Corruption bribing Supreme court judges to influence US law.

Such a disgrace. Republicans are sell outs, the whole party is corrupt.

Republicans are the party of deep state corruption, then they tell you snappy one liners like "drain the swamp" and you bend over and let them do whatever they want to you like a total sheep.

GOP = Swamp
GOP = Deep State

Thomas never reported the transaction. He broke the law, impeach his sorry ass & out he goes. Let him go to work for Crow, his keeper.

You want to impeach someone for a minor, inconsequential technical violation? Calling a mere paperwork error or omission a "high crime", especially when the matter of whether this paperwork can even be constitutionally required hasn't been adjudicated just sounds like Racism to me.

Why don't the Democrats instead SUE Justice Thomas to get him to fill out the form, and if they prevail upon appeal, Thomas agrees to complete the form, drop the matter?

The key is to get the form filled out correctly, not throw out a Tremendous Supreme Court Justice with one of the greatest percentage of correct votes in the history of the court.

Forum List

Back