Bitcoin was the best-performing currency of 2016

You can bet every bitcoin on the planet that Patriot did not acquire any bitcoins this way. He bought them, if he even has any.
I do not have a single Bitcoin (or any "cryptocurrency" for that matter). Never said I did. And that's not the point. The point of this thread (if you ask an adult to explain it to you) is that people are rejecting progressivism world wide. They are even turning to currencies that cannot be controlled or manipulated by government.

The bubble is driven by mania, not by actual value.
I've got news for you...anything in demand is driven by mania and nothing of actual value. Were the Cabbage Patch Dolls in the 1980's something of "actual value" or was it merely driven by "mania"?

Are Apple products driven by "something of actual value"? Uh...no. There are much cheaper laptops, tablets, and phones. But it's the "mania" (ie love) of the product that drives the demand.

It is universal - requiring no exchange rates

It's not universal. In fact, you would be very hard pressed to find a shop or person in America who would accept bitcoins as payment for goods and services, much less around the world.
A Bitcoin is a Bitcoin whether you are in the U.S., Canada, Japan, or Iraq, stupid. While traditional currency varies from nation to nation. Ergo...Bitcoin is "universal". Good grief you are a special kind of stupid. You always have been, and apparently, you always will be.

It's not universal. In fact, you would be very hard pressed to find a shop or person in America who would accept bitcoins as payment for goods and services, much less around the world.
A Bitcoin is a Bitcoin whether you are in the U.S., Canada, Japan, or Iraq, stupid. While traditional currency varies from nation to nation. Ergo...Bitcoin is "universal". Good grief you are a special kind of stupid. You always have been, and apparently, you always will be.
Try to buy a candy bar with a bitcoin at your local corner store, and then I will laugh my ass off at your idiocy for calling them "universal".

Whereas in Malaysia, or in just about any country on Eearth, they happily will take your US dollar in exchange for goods and services.

The US dollar is infinitely more universal than your pipedream bitcoins.

Try to buy a candy bar with a bitcoin at your local corner store
So after being humiliated - you’re going to attempt to make candy bars and your “local corner store” the criteria for currency? Yeah...that sounds like you.

You can bet every bitcoin on the planet that Patriot did not acquire any bitcoins this way. He bought them, if he even has any.
I do not have a single Bitcoin (or any "cryptocurrency" for that matter). Never said I did. And that's not the point. The point of this thread (if you ask an adult to explain it to you) is that people are rejecting progressivism world wide. They are even turning to currencies that cannot be controlled or manipulated by government.
The percentage of suckers playing with bitcoins is in the single digits. :lol:

Try to buy a candy bar with a bitcoin at your local corner store
So after being humiliated - you’re going to attempt to make candy bars and your “local corner store” the criteria for currency? Yeah...that sounds like you.
That's right. The universality of a currency is determined by its acceptance as a means of exchange, retard.

Good luck with getting the planet to accept bitcoins. Meanwhile, no one is turning down the US dollar.

That's right. The universality of a currency is determined by its acceptance as a means of exchange, retard.
Well then the U.S. dollar must not be a “currency” then as the first thing a person does when traveling to another country is to exchange their dollar for the local currency that is actually accepted. Oops...

Well then the U.S. dollar must not be a “currency” then as the first thing a person does when traveling to another country is to exchange their dollar for the local currency that is actually accepted. Oops...
The first thing they DON'T do is bring their bitcoins with them. :lol:

Yet, when they exchange their US dollars, those are happily accepted.

I can go to any foreign web site and buy products with my US dollars. I've done it many times. They simply convert my US dollars into their currency. All done automatically.

My US dollar has never been turned down.

And yet I have never seen a foreign web site which takes bitcoins and converts them into their currency.

Ever.

It takes a seriously retarded fool to call bitcoins "universal".

If you do find a fool who accepts bitcoins, the first thing they do is convert the bitcoin into US dollars before they tell you how much you owe in bitcoins.

Bitcoin has gone from $20,000 to $7,000 since your post. How has the dollar done?
Ask me at the end of 2018 to compare the two. Anyone can cherry-pick a couple of weeks worth of data. Let’s see how both perform over a year. In 2016, Bitcoin outperformed the dollar. In 2017, it crushed the dollar. We’ll see what happens in 2018.

Bitcoin has gone from $20,000 to $7,000 since your post. How has the dollar done?
Ask me at the end of 2018 to compare the two. Anyone can cherry-pick a couple of weeks worth of data. Let’s see how both perform over a year. In 2016, Bitcoin outperformed the dollar. In 2017, it crushed the dollar. We’ll see what happens in 2018.

when you can take a bitcoin to your local grocery store and buy milk and bread, we will talk. but until then------------pfttt.

It is inevitable - Bitcoin (or something like it) will replace traditional government currency. The benefits are numerous (it can’t be manipulated by governments, it will save a fortune on creating currency, it cannot be lost or otherwise removed from circulation like in the case of foreign governments waging economic warfare, it is universal, etc.).
The city of Berkeley, California is considering launching an initial coin offering (ICO) in a stated effort to reduce its dependence on federal funding.
And now we can add the additional benefit of even causing liberal cities to want to reduce their reliance on federal funding by turning to crypto currency.

The city of Berkeley wants in on the cryptocurrency mania

It is inevitable - Bitcoin (or something like it) will replace traditional government currency. The benefits are numerous (it can’t be manipulated by governments, it will save a fortune on creating currency, it cannot be lost or otherwise removed from circulation like in the case of foreign governments waging economic warfare, it is universal, etc.).
The city of Berkeley, California is considering launching an initial coin offering (ICO) in a stated effort to reduce its dependence on federal funding.
And now we can add the additional benefit of even causing liberal cities to want to reduce their reliance on federal funding by turning to crypto currency.

The city of Berkeley wants in on the cryptocurrency mania

if its not backed by anything, it wont be worth squat. There is nothing backing bitcoin except hype and greed. Eventually those will die and so will bitcoin. Same applies to any other currency that is not backed by precious metal or a government.

Forum List

Back