Bitter, sullen Democrats want "Reagan" removed from DC airport title

When these people lose, they lose everything.

BTW, how many Republicans want "Kennedy" removed from New York's airport name?

Yep, none.

Looks like the Democrats just cannot stand any mention of the guy who convincingly disproved their cherished tax-and-spend theories.

-----------------------------------------

Wow Bitter DC Dems Want Reagan Removed from Airport Title - Cortney O Brien

Wow: Bitter DC Dems Want 'Reagan' Removed from Airport Title

Cortney O'Brien | Apr 03, 2015

In 1998, the Washington National Airport in Arlington, VA was renamed Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport – and local Democrats are still bitter about it.

The Washington Post recently conducted a survey of Washington, DC area residents, asking them what they prefer to call the busy airport. The results show that while younger people tend to call it by its current title, Reagan National, older, liberal commuters refuse to utter the name of the conservative president. In total, 72 percent of Republicans surveyed said they refer to it as 'Reagan' or 'Reagan National,' while only 35 percent of Democrats acknowledged the airport by that name.

Survey participant Jason West's eloquent explanation perhaps says it all.

“I’m still mad about the name, because of how it got passed. It got forced upon all the people here by a small group of powerful men in Congress,” says survey respondent Jason West, 57, a business analyst who lives in D.C.

“It’s almost like all those Republicans wanted to stick a middle finger up to all the people who live here,” West recalls. “I don’t know why [President Bill] Clinton didn’t veto it.”
If we name a rest stop after Obama do you think they will let up?
The BO bathroom or maybe the Clinton crapper?
As the first African American President you can be pretty certain that the city of Washington, DC will erect a Memorial to him in the future.
Put his face on the EBT card and call it good.

Best part of this is where some disgruntled liberal whines, “I’m still mad about the name, because of how it got passed. It got forced upon all the people here by a small group of powerful men in Congress”.

Do you suppose this loser is even aware, that that's exactly how Obamacare got passed?

Cool, now show us where you got your frightening facts from.

I chose a foreign news source on it, because I know any news source I chose of American descent will be condemned Satanic 'liberal media bias', but if the UK also does not work for you, google is always a click away. Maybe Glenn Beck covered it at one point..

US lawmakers clash over renaming vast oceanic economic zone after Ronald Reagan - Telegraph
You made the claim, it isn't up to others to prove it right.

But you said "Did you know some Republican lawmakers have requested multiple times that they rename the entire coastline of the USA, plus X amount of miles out to sea, "Reagan"?

The link you posted from the "unbiased source" (The Telegraph? WTF?) says...

"US lawmakers are debating whether to rename 3.4m square miles of ocean known as the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) after late President Ronald Reagan."

You're a special kind of moron we don't often get to see. How frightening. LOL

I chose a foreign news source on it, because I know any news source I chose of American descent will be condemned Satanic 'liberal media bias', but if the UK also does not work for you, google is always a click away. Maybe Glenn Beck covered it at one point..

US lawmakers clash over renaming vast oceanic economic zone after Ronald Reagan - Telegraph

But you said "Did you know some Republican lawmakers have requested multiple times that they rename the entire coastline of the USA, plus X amount of miles out to sea, "Reagan"?

"US lawmakers are debating whether to rename 3.4m square miles of ocean known as the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) after late President Ronald Reagan."

Wait 3.4 square miles is the entire Coast off the east side of the US? Wow when did we lose all those States?

It is still the Washington National Airport. All they did was put the name Ronald Reagan in front of it. Now it is the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. You can call it Reagan or National and be correct.
All I saw in the article was a poll. Nothing about anyone trying to change the name or being disgruntled. That is just a spin by the author. Just another fabricated misleading rw hack piece.

When these people lose, they lose everything.

BTW, how many Republicans want "Kennedy" removed from New York's airport name?

Yep, none.

Looks like the Democrats just cannot stand any mention of the guy who convincingly disproved their cherished tax-and-spend theories.

-----------------------------------------

Wow Bitter DC Dems Want Reagan Removed from Airport Title - Cortney O Brien

Wow: Bitter DC Dems Want 'Reagan' Removed from Airport Title

Cortney O'Brien | Apr 03, 2015

In 1998, the Washington National Airport in Arlington, VA was renamed Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport – and local Democrats are still bitter about it.

The Washington Post recently conducted a survey of Washington, DC area residents, asking them what they prefer to call the busy airport. The results show that while younger people tend to call it by its current title, Reagan National, older, liberal commuters refuse to utter the name of the conservative president. In total, 72 percent of Republicans surveyed said they refer to it as 'Reagan' or 'Reagan National,' while only 35 percent of Democrats acknowledged the airport by that name.

Survey participant Jason West's eloquent explanation perhaps says it all.

“I’m still mad about the name, because of how it got passed. It got forced upon all the people here by a small group of powerful men in Congress,” says survey respondent Jason West, 57, a business analyst who lives in D.C.

“It’s almost like all those Republicans wanted to stick a middle finger up to all the people who live here,” West recalls. “I don’t know why [President Bill] Clinton didn’t veto it.”
If we name a rest stop after Obama do you think they will let up?
The BO bathroom or maybe the Clinton crapper?
As the first African American President you can be pretty certain that the city of Washington, DC will erect a Memorial to him in the future.
I hope I'm 6 feet under if that happens. It's bad enough the MLK memorial statues is there for an unelected private citizen.

Um, you're off by just a little bit. It is actually 3.4 million square miles.

JFK did a lot for humanity and was .ASSASSINATED fer crying out loud. Hundreds of Reagan Pub officials were jailed and Reagan policies have ruined the nonrich and the country- and the world. ....what you THINK he did is pure RW bs.

The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.
Over the past 30 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:
1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.
Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.
But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):
1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%
A 13% drop since 1980
2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:
1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%
An increase of 16% since Reagan.
3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.
1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)
A 12.3% drop after Reagan.
4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:
1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%
A 45% increase after 1980.
5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.
Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:
1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%
A 5.6 times increase.
6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:
1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%
A 10% Decrease.
Links:
1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Zh1bveXc8rA/SuddUhLWUaI/AAAAAAAAA7M/iU2gefk317M/s1600-h/Clipboard01.jpg
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb/TableView.asp?SelectedTable=58&Freq=Qtr&FirstYear=2008&LastYear=2010
4 = http://www.prudentbear.com/index.php/household-sector-debt-of-gdp
4 = http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/z1/current/
5/6 = http://www.businessinsider.com/15-charts-about-wealth-and-inequality-in-america-2010-4?slop=1#slideshow-start
Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

Provide a link to a story that supports your bullshit claim.

First to 'RetiredGySgt' - I did provide a link, well before you posted that. Now, if you saw and read it, and were saying 'Provide another link that actually proves it', I refer you back to my original link, for you might have read it, but you must have not fully comprehended it. ;) Don't worry, I'll explain. Stick around for the next part.

Now, Iceweasel: First, my claim,

"Did you know some Republican lawmakers have requested multiple times that they rename the entire coastline of the USA, plus X amount of miles out to sea, "Reagan"?

I put 'X amount' because I didn't know the number off hand. Now, let me provide excerpts from that exact article that proves my claim.

Sane Republican Alan Lowenthalis says:
“But naming the entire EEZ after anyone seems a bit much. After all, we are talking about 3.4m square miles of ocean, an area larger than the combined land mass of all 50 states. We don’t live in the United States of Coolidge, or fly through the Warren. G. Harding airspace. Why should we steam or sail on the Reagan ocean?”

"The area in question extends from three miles to 200 miles offshore, covering more than 13,000 miles of coastline, according to the US Department of the Interior. The US has the largest EEZ in the world."

Here is a picture of what that 13,000 miles of coastline looks like:

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/files/2011/03/USA-exclusive-economic-zone-map.jpg

Coincidentally, it is the entire U.S. coastline..

Now, if we just look at my claim again,

"Did you know some Republican lawmakers have requested multiple times that they rename the entire coastline of the USA, plus X amount of miles out to sea, "Reagan"?

and we replace the variable 'X amount of miles' with 'three miles to 200 miles', we get this:

"Did you know some Republican lawmakers have requested multiple times that they rename the entire coastline of the USA, plus three miles to 200 miles out to sea, "Reagan"?

Seems I've not only proven my original claim, but made my claim even more focused.

Now, I don't mean to be rude, but if you guys are gonna play with the big kids out here, you absolutely must learn reading comprehension. I won't always be available to walk you through every claim you come across. Some others won't take the time to explain their claims in such simple terms for your benefit. They'll post and move on, and you'll look as unintelligent as you did in this situation. I like you guys. I don't want to see this happen to you two again.

Cheers :beer:

I wonder if their bitter at Reagan's success or their failure. In retrospect, they are not mutually exclusive.

Someday, perhaps, liberals might put up a president who is not diminished by Reagan's shadow. They might move on then, but Clinton, and certainly Obama, have failed.

I put 'X amount' because I didn't know the number off hand. Now, let me provide excerpts from that exact article that proves my claim.

“But naming the entire EEZ after anyone seems a bit much. After all, we are talking about 3.4m square miles of ocean, an area larger than the combined land mass of all 50 states. We don’t live in the United States of Coolidge, or fly through the Warren. G. Harding airspace. Why should we steam or sail on the Reagan ocean?”

"The area in question extends from three miles to 200 miles offshore, covering more than 13,000 miles of coastline, according to the US Department of the Interior. The US has the largest EEZ in the world."

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/files/2011/03/USA-exclusive-economic-zone-map.jpg

and we replace the variable 'X amount of miles' with 'three miles to 200 miles', we get this:

"Did you know some Republican lawmakers have requested multiple times that they rename the entire coastline of the USA, plus three miles to 200 miles out to sea, "Reagan"?

Seems I've not only proven my original claim, but made my claim even more focused.

Now, I don't mean to be rude, but if you guys are gonna play with the big kids out here, you absolutely must learn reading comprehension. I won't always be available to walk you through every claim you come across. Some others won't take the time to explain their claims in such simple terms for your benefit. They'll post and move on, and you'll look as unintelligent as you did in this situation. I like you guys. I don't want to see this happen to you two again.

Hey Retardo. You said the entire COASTLINE plus out to sea. Pop your head out of your nasty ass and get some air, you seriously need it.

Hey Retardo. You said the entire COASTLINE plus out to sea. Pop your head out of your nasty ass and get some air, you seriously need it.

An EEZ, by nature, starts at the coastline and extends out. Surely you didn't need me to tell you that. If you truly interpreted my original post to mean they wanted to rename the entire beach-front of the country "Reagan", your comprehension problems began before a link was even posted. ;)

An EEZ, by nature, starts at the coastline and extends out. Surely you didn't need me to tell you that. If you truly interpreted my original post to mean they wanted to rename the entire beach-front of the country "Reagan", your comprehension problems began before a link was even posted. ;)
Don't blame your shortcomings on others. The coastline is the outline of the coast. Use words correctly instead of being a smug prick trying to lecture people with your narrow world view.

Don't blame your shortcomings on others. The coastline is the outline of the coast. Use words correctly instead of being a smug prick trying to lecture people with your narrow world view.

And an EEZ begins at the outline of the coast and extends out to sea. I understand that it is in your best interest to debate the semantics of our posts because the factual substance is not on your side, but still.. c'mon, man.

I proved my claim, you disagreed, first based on where the source came from (big surprise, damn that liberal media!), despite there being direct quotes from lawmakers involved, and then a second time trying to misconstrue the meaning of my original post (reading comprehension, again..). There is nothing I can do to make you understand reason, because you are obstinate for the sake of being obstinate.

We are at an impasse. Nevertheless, my citations and evidence to support my claim still stands for others to see. I guess we can call it here, unless you want to keep going.

See you in the trenches, Weasel :tank:

And an EEZ begins at the outline of the coast and extends out to sea. I understand that it is in your best interest to debate the semantics of our posts because the factual substance is not on your side, but still.. c'mon, man.

I proved my claim, you disagreed, first based on where the source came from (big surprise, damn that liberal media!), despite there being direct quotes from lawmakers involved, and then a second time trying to misconstrue the meaning of my original post (reading comprehension, again..). There is nothing I can do to make you understand reason, because you are obstinate for the sake of being obstinate.

We are at an impasse. Nevertheless, my citations and evidence to support my claim still stands for others to see. I guess we can call it here, unless you want to keep going.
See you in the trenches, Weasel :tank:
Then, asshole, you should have said the EEZ and not the coastline! LOL.
"Did you know some Republican lawmakers have requested multiple times that they rename the entire coastline of the USA..."

Forum List

Back