Bizarre NBC News Hit Piece Criticizes Ron DeSantis for Prioritizing Seniors for Vaccine Distribution

The Left wants Grandma dead.

‘Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican, ignored federal guidelines and prioritized getting senior citizens — one of Florida’s most potent voting blocs — vaccinated first,’ NBC News reported.

***GASP***

Leave it to right wing media to twist things a little..this refers to a time late last year just before New Years Eve when vaccines were in short supply and the CDC recommended the short supply be given to front line workers first...' DeSantis gave the go-ahead just before New Year’s Eve to start vaccinating senior citizens ahead of essential workers, as the CDC recommended'. About a month ago as supplies became more available the CDC recommended those 75 and older get the shots.
Of course the CDC gives themselves first priority.

As far as what NBC is doing is their own thing.
NBC are part of the liberal news media that informs libs what to think

in this case they are advocating a pretty bad policy toward seniors who may want the vaccine
Which is why I don't pay attention to them or any of the big news outlets.
:icon_rolleyes:
Yet in the last thread you started you linked to an article from the New York Times.

:abgg2q.jpg:
I was unaware that NBC was the New York Times.
And I never insinuated that they were the exact same thing, jackass.

However, obviously they are very similar because they are both big "news" outlets.

Last edited:
He wants the tourist industry wide open with no hope in sight of a vaccine for anyone that will have to deal with the assholes coming down here to take a vacation from covid precautions.
Florida has actually had to deal with people flooding the State from liberally controlled places like New York, Michigan and New Jersey! More of the Covid cases across the country came from New York than anywhere else. If liberal Governors in those States hadn't imposed ridiculous shut downs then that wouldn't have happened and hundreds of people in Florida wouldn't have died.

Yet in the last thread you started you linked to an article from the New York Times.
He’s not even embarrassed by being caught
I don't think you can embarrass moonglow at this point in his life. But you can encourage him to think. He's not like the typical USMB idiot moonbat who is incapable of rational thought.

Last edited:
He’s not even embarrassed by being caught
I don't think you can embarrass moonglow at this point in his life. But you can encourage him to think. He's not like the typical USMB idiot moonbat who is incapable of rational thought.
I’ll agree with that. That’s how he’s avoided my ignore list.

He wants the tourist industry wide open with no hope in sight of a vaccine for anyone that will have to deal with the assholes coming down here to take a vacation from covid precautions.
Florida has actually had to deal with people flooding the State from liberally controlled places like New York, Michigan and New Jersey! More of the Covid cases across the country came from New York than anywhere else. If liberal Governors in those States hadn't imposed ridiculous shut downs then that wouldn't have happened and hundreds of people in Florida wouldn't have died.
Where I live it's mostly people from Georgia. What's your excuse for all these Trump loving assholes clogging up our downtown?

‘Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican, ignored federal guidelines and prioritized getting senior citizens — one of Florida’s most potent voting blocs — vaccinated first,’ NBC News reported.

***GASP***

Well I got my second shot this Saturday. No problems and they had it set up very well. I never even lefty my truck.

Seniors are the most likely to get the Chinese Virus so I applaud our Governors choices.

Here is what was really in the piece

In Charlotte County, officials said they were caught unaware when a vaccination station suddenly opened last week in the Kings Gate retirement community in Port Charlotte and 3,000 doses were dispensed.

Harvey Goldstein, who sits on the county’s GOP executive committee and does not live in the development, said he first learned of the pop-up when a regular Republican Party meeting was canceled so that some of the members could get their shots.

“It looks like they were allowed to jump the line ahead of the 90,000 people in the county who are still waiting to get a shot,” Goldstein, 81, told NBC News.

“If you set up rules about who should get vaccinated first they should apply to everyone. I haven’t heard any rationale for them to get their shots ahead of the people who registered in the county.”

\

Goldstein said he suspects the reason Kings Gate got special treatment is because it was built by Benderson Development and “they swing a heavy hammer in Tallahassee.” NBC News has reached out to the company's marketing director, Julie Fanning, but there was no immediate response.

Charlotte County Democratic Party Chair Teresa Jenkins said DeSantis’ decision to open a vaccination center in Kings Gate created the appearance that “politically connected people who are likely to vote for the governor are getting prioritized.”

“There’s quite a bit of anger out there,” Jenkins told NBC News. “So many of us get online every morning trying to get a vaccination appointment. We have people who are waiting and waiting and waiting for their shots. And here we see vaccinations being distributed in areas where there are mostly political supporters of Gov. DeSantis.”

Of the 1,900 residents of Kings Gate, Jenkins said, only 150 are registered Democrats.

DeSantis is playing politics with the vaccine.

What a shocker huh?

***GASP***

He's blatantly trying to keep constituents alive! OBVIOUSLY, it can only be a political ploy, because dead people can't (usually) vote! The HORROR!

***GASP***

I looked at your February 21 story in something called Legal Insurrection (never heard of it before) wanting to see the NBC hit piece, but it wasn't there. Oh, lots of crap going back to March of 2020 but nothing linking to anything recent. Seemed to take them awhile to find the importance to write a story about it.
Are you people bitching about 11 month old news articles or is there something we should actually know about? Would you really rather bitch about the election you lost or the insurrection you lost or the PR campaign to take the blame off trump for it that you lost? Who really cares that DeSanto took bad press almost a year ago. He is just a governor in one of the highest Covid states, but really not much worse than some of the Democrat Governors in high Covid states. What make a hit piece (appearently from 11 months ago) important enough to be brought up. Slow news day?

Just out of the kindness of my heart, I did the "grueling and complicated" Internet search you couldn't be bothered with (presumably because it's easier to defend it if you don't have to know what's in it).

Now, possibly you could stop railing at your straw man of "11-month-old news articles", and discuss the actual topic, since I did the thinking you're incapable of for you.

***GASP***

I looked at your February 21 story in something called Legal Insurrection (never heard of it before) wanting to see the NBC hit piece, but it wasn't there. Oh, lots of crap going back to March of 2020 but nothing linking to anything recent. Seemed to take them awhile to find the importance to write a story about it.
Are you people bitching about 11 month old news articles or is there something we should actually know about? Would you really rather bitch about the election you lost or the insurrection you lost or the PR campaign to take the blame off trump for it that you lost? Who really cares that DeSanto took bad press almost a year ago. He is just a governor in one of the highest Covid states, but really not much worse than some of the Democrat Governors in high Covid states. What make a hit piece (appearently from 11 months ago) important enough to be brought up. Slow news day?
Perhaps you are just too stupid to use a search engine effectively.

It took me less than a minute to find this NBC article from 3 days ago.

Florida governor accused of playing politics with Covid vaccine (nbcnews.com)
So, there is an article. The OP was just to stupid to use it or thought people would be more impressed with a hit piece from somebody we never heard of not referencing any NBC hit piece to illustrate his thread about an NBC hit piece. Gotcha. Thanks for the reference not supplied.

"Oh, you mean the OP that said there was an article was actually right about there being an article? Well, let me get right on attacking and insulting the OP some more, because I sure as hell don't want to discuss the actual topic!! I might have to admit that my leftist masters suck!!!"

***GASP***

He's blatantly trying to keep constituents alive! OBVIOUSLY, it can only be a political ploy, because dead people can't (usually) vote! The HORROR!
OMG! He's the anti-Cuomo!

Ummmm Disney World opened when?

***GASP***

OMG! He's the anti-Cuomo!

Fortunately for Florida.

Old white people are unwanted in America 2021. The sooner they die the better as far as most Americans are concerned today.

DeSantis didn't prioritize seniors. He prioritized his political supporters

Does anybody watch any of those old communist networks anymore? Talk about stuck in '68.... there's got to be 500 choices now, and I don't know a single soul that watches that insipid shit. There may be 2 or 3 geeks that want to stare at Savanna Guthrie's chompers and wonder what states those are registered in and whether they're registered as farm equipment or a deadly weapon.... and there's probably a few high frat boys that like to point and laugh at georgie stephenpuss sitting in a chair with his feet dangling 6" off the floor.... but the audience has got to be asymptotic to zero.... hmm?

Forum List

Back