black couple sues appraisal company for low appraisal on home

You are wrong.
im write had my home appraised a few differnt people some were low and some were high. i picked the one i was hap[py with. blacks ar alwayus sueing hashing up frivalus lawsuits in the news al l the time. they are becoming a joke.

im write had my home appraised a few differnt people some were low and some were high. i picked the one i was hap[py with. blacks ar alwayus sueing hashing up frivalus lawsuits in the news al l the time. they are becoming a joke.
300k is not some minor difference between appraisers. It is nearly double the first appraisal

why not just have differnt appraisers over an see what they all say without doing it. they wanted to sue thats why. blacks are all about free money.
That wouldn’t be proof of discrimination. There was more going on here than them simply wanting “free money”. It was about them getting a fair valuation. If that takes suing, so be it, they weren’t the ones perpetrating a crime.

You’re the joke.

That wouldn’t be proof of discrimination. There was more going on here than them simply wanting “free money”. It was about them getting a fair valuation. If that takes suing, so be it, they weren’t the ones perpetrating a crime.
so call more apraisers to your housr to you get an apraisel you like instead of setting people up

so call more apraisers to your housr to you get an apraisel you like instead of setting people up
Why would you let them get away with it? If someone does you wrong, wouldn’t you want justice? $300K is not a small chunk of change. Don’t do anything and the perpetrators are free to scam others.

Why would you let them get away with it? If someone does you wrong, wouldn’t you want justice? $300K is not a small chunk of change. Don’t do anything and the perpetrators are free to scam others.
Not only was it 300k it nearly DOUBLED the value that is not a small error or one that is just because an appraiser sees things differently on a house.

The missing information is what did the state, county or municipality have their property assessed at, and what had they been paying property taxes on.
Anyone can say or think one thing or another, but what had they legally been paying taxes on.

Assessor values are based on mass appraisals not on the individual property. They are most of the time, not accurate because they include many hundreds of properties and are not done on a specific date for that specific property.

Not only was it 300k it nearly DOUBLED the value that is not a small error or one that is just because an appraiser sees things differently on a house.
Instead of going to the media, the couple should complain to the State appraisal board who would contact both appraisers and demand their appraisal reports. They would most likely have both appraisals reviewed by objective, certified appraisers. Maybe they already did but I did not see that in the article.

Last edited:
Assessor values are based on mass appraisals not on the individual property. They are most of the time, not accurate because they include many hundreds of properties and are not done on a specific date for that specific property.

I don't care what appraisal was done on a specific date ... Except the one done by the tax assessor ... That will give you a place to start.
People can think whatever they want about the value of their property ... What are they paying in taxes every year?

They aren't required to do mass appraisals ... And they visit my property every 5 years or so.
You want to get rid of the garbage ... Start with the government.

They don't mind squeezing ever dime they can get out of me ... But then again, I am not poor, and I am what they would consider white.
Step up and get your ass some damn "fair share" and "white privilege".

Last edited:
The missing information is what did the state, county or municipality have their property assessed at, and what had they been paying property taxes on.
Anyone can say or think one thing or another, but what had they legally been paying taxes on.

Not really. Property tax assessments are based on the value of the land, not the building that is sitting on it. Property value assessments are based on the quality of the building itself.

Instead of going to the media, the couple should complain to the State appraisal board who would contact both appraisers and demand their appraisal reports. They would most likely have both appraisals reviewed by objective, certified appraisers. Maybe they already did but I did not see that in the article.

This whole scam is to see if they can get a few hundred thousand from the appraisal company, and it's the lawyer who probably contacted the media to support their case.

why not just have differnt appraisers over an see what they all say without doing it. they wanted to sue thats why. blacks are all about free money.

The second appraisal they got was from a different bank and different appraisal company. So if you want an equity loan, why not just get it with that second bank?

By “whitewashing“ the house. It’s in the article.

The article stated they went to another bank and they sent out a different appraisal company. What would whitewashig the house prove since it's a different company doing the appraisal?

The article stated they went to another bank and they sent out a different appraisal company. What would whitewashig the house prove since it's a different company doing the appraisal?
are you stupid the second appraisal nearly doubled the value of the first, that is not even close to a difference in appraisal people.

are you stupid the second appraisal nearly doubled the value of the first, that is not even close to a difference in appraisal people.

It still doesn't prove race had anything to do with it. Read slower: Different bank, different appraisal company. Now if it was the same bank and appraisal company, then they'd have a legitimate case.

I don't care what appraisal was done on a specific date ... Except the one done by the tax assessor ... That will give you a place to start.
People can think whatever they want about the value of their property ... What are they paying in taxes every year?

They aren't required to do mass appraisals ... And they visit my property every 5 years or so.
You want to get rid of the garbage ... Start with the government.

They don't mind squeezing ever dime they can get out of me ... But then again, I am not poor, and I am what they would consider white.
Step up and get your ass some damn "fair share" and "white privilege".

The appraisal done on a specific date by a certified residential appraiser for a specific property will be more accurate than any tax assessment. That's guaranteed. A lender who wants a really accurate valuation will hire a certified appraiser. Tax assessments are NOT accurate enough upon which to lend money based on loan to value ratio.

If you don't care to pay an appraiser, you could take your tax assessment value then go to Zillow or a site like that and double check what it says. Maybe even contact your local Realtor data base multiple listing service and see what sales and listings in your area are listed/sold for. If you are going to sell your home, you can contact a Realtor and get a free comparative market analysis as well. In the end, your home is only worth what a seller is willing to pay for it in an 'arm's length' transaction.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back