black employee sueing home depot over not letting them wear blm logos

Judges are allowed to award court costs and defense fees if they determine the suit to be frivolous.

I don't know about that. I only did it once and I was the complainant. I got to include in my lawsuit my legal and court fees plus my time off of work. If I lost the case, I think it would have taken another lawsuit against me to try and reclaim his expenses.

I think it's a waste of time and money on their part. The problem is we don't have a Loser Pays All law in this country and Home Depot will have to pay big bucks to their legal team for defense.

Here is the NLRB claim from the link in the OP:

According to the NLRB, the actions taken by Home Depot were a violation of the National Labor Relations Act, which protects the rights of workers to join to improve their working conditions under what’s known as “protected concerted activity”.

Jennifer Hadsall, the NLRB regional director who issued the complaint, said the agency “protects employees’ rights to raise these issues with the goal of improving their working conditions” and that “it is this important right we seek to protect in this case”.

What judge or jury in the world would agree that wearing shirts with radical messages on them would improve working conditions? It's such a stupid claim before the case is even heard. If anything, it could create a conflict with other workers. If I were working at Home Depot, and they allowed lowlifes to wear BLM shirts, then I would claim the right to wear a MAGA shirt or red cap.
And that's the $64000 question.... Are all masks with any writing on them not permitted....? Like a MAGA mask or Kkk mask or a mask with a Nazi Flag or Heil Hitler written or BLM or even a mask saying Allah is true God, or Jesus Saves or any darn thing written on it??

If only BLM is singled out and all others are ok, then there could be an issue....

But if their dress code bans all masks with writing on them, Or T shirts, then I think these blm-ers will lose their case in court imho.

Last edited:
And that's the $64000 question.... Are all masks with any writing on them not permitted....? Like a MAGA mask or Kkk mask or a mask with a Nazi Flag or Heil Hitler written or BLM or even a mask saying Allah is true God, or Jesus Saves or any darn thing written on it??

If only BLM is singled out and all others are ok, then there could be an issue....

But if their dress code bans all masks with writing on them, then I think these blm-ers will lose their case in court imho.
no one has tried to wear the othersl but they be out too im sure.

But if their dress code bans all masks with writing on them, Or T shirts, then I think these blm-ers will lose their case in court imho.

The OP never went into that. I'm sure if that was the case, it would have been highlighted in the article, and of course, we have no take on this suit from Home Depot.

But according to the complaint, Home Depot has no right to have or enforce any dress code at all because according to them, it violates the act of creating a more harmonious employee environment when in fact, it's really quite the opposite. BLM is political just like MAGA. They made no mention in their complaint that they were being excluded from political expression when all others were permitted.

If that was the situation they would stand a much better chance at winning than they do the phony one they are using to try and force the company to allow BLM attire.

This shit is so predictable.

Blacks find ways to cause problems wherever they're found. Worst employees in the world.

Forum List

Back