Black Market growth from Gun Legislation

It's starting already. Anyone who shoots knows how hard it is to buy ammunition or reloading supplies right now. Government treats and actual actions taken by government like in NY have driven people to a buying frenzy. While some stuff is becoming available on the internet again, if you're like me and live in NY, you no longer have that option. Saturday I had to take a ride into Pennsylvania to feel like I lived in a free country again and pick up some ammmunition and powder. Yesterday I stopped at Gander Mountain in NY to get some casing lube and a few other things. As I'm walking into the store I pass a guy loading as few crates of .556 into his car from another guys trunk. you can't find that anywhere. I look and the guy has a few more cases in his trunk as well as a few .308 I said did you just get that here? Surprised because they have been out of stock for months. He said no, do you need some? So what this enterprising individual is doing is filling the void. it was 11:30 and he was on his 3rd run of the day. He comes in with a trunk load of ammo from out of state. Sells it in the parking lot in about 20 minutes and heads back for another load. For what he's selling it for he's probably making about 50 cents a bullet profit. or roughly $10,000 a trunk load profit.

free enterprise is alive and well in America.

IF this is true you just witnessed a crime and failed to report it.

If the man was black would you have reported him?

Latino?

What is "illegal" about law-abiding citizens buying or selling gun ammunition?

What is "illegal" about a person selling one or more of their firearms to another person?

There are MANY states that allow both. There are also a few states that restrict one or both.

Don't get ahead of yourself, truthmatters. You and your ilk need to read up on gun and ammo laws, on a state-by-state basis.

Congrats on finding a way to play the RACE CARD. Predictable, and disgusting.
You will soon see that truth does NOT matter with this one...

which is why obama's efforts are all futile. the only one he hurts are legal gun owners not intent on commiting a crime.
Never mind that selling crates of ammunition out of your trunk is not illegal.

:eek:
Perhaps. I have heard some states have it to where you have to have a permit of some sort. Honestly, I do not even know if that is true at all. Maybe PENN has one of those laws?

NJ you need a permit to buy ammo. In NY now Ammo purchases have to be through a dealer, the dealer has to take your information, who you are, where you live, check your ID, make sure you aren't on a wanted llist and send this information to the state to be stored in a not yet created data base. Pa has no restrictions. I bought 3,000 rounds of rifle, 2,000 of pistol and 5,000 projectiles for reloading on saturday there without an issue

illegal guns and ammo sales are Illegal.

It shows that some people dont care about laws

which is why obama's efforts are all futile. the only one he hurts are legal gun owners not intent on commiting a crime.

By that logic, what do we need traffic lights for?

If a criminal fleeing a bank robbery is just going to ignore it...

yea, he is. but a law aboding citizen is going to follow the guidlines. and making the laws around traffic lights stricter is not going to stop the guy robbing the bank from running it. So you have just validated the point we are making. Thank you

It's starting already. Anyone who shoots knows how hard it is to buy ammunition or reloading supplies right now. Government treats and actual actions taken by government like in NY have driven people to a buying frenzy. While some stuff is becoming available on the internet again, if you're like me and live in NY, you no longer have that option. Saturday I had to take a ride into Pennsylvania to feel like I lived in a free country again and pick up some ammmunition and powder. Yesterday I stopped at Gander Mountain in NY to get some casing lube and a few other things. As I'm walking into the store I pass a guy loading as few crates of .556 into his car from another guys trunk. you can't find that anywhere. I look and the guy has a few more cases in his trunk as well as a few .308 I said did you just get that here? Surprised because they have been out of stock for months. He said no, do you need some? So what this enterprising individual is doing is filling the void. it was 11:30 and he was on his 3rd run of the day. He comes in with a trunk load of ammo from out of state. Sells it in the parking lot in about 20 minutes and heads back for another load. For what he's selling it for he's probably making about 50 cents a bullet profit. or roughly $10,000 a trunk load profit.

free enterprise is alive and well in America.

IF this is true you just witnessed a crime and failed to report it.

If the man was black would you have reported him?

Latino?

Actually I'f I hade been there 5 minutes earlier I would have bought some off of him. even if he was green. I don't care what color he was. Unfortunately he had just sold the last of his surplus and the 5000 rounds he had left in his trunk were for someone he met on an earlier run. He did tell me where he planned to be next Saturday if I was interested though. He's smart not to hit the same lot week after week and create a pattern.

IMO the real crime is the legislation that makes the need for this activity.

Hmm...he's using the trunk of his car. Wonder how many crates of .223 ammo I could fit in the back of my F-350.

He was hauling a mix of about 20,000 rounds of .556 and .308 He was saying thats what most people are after right now. I give this guy credit. He's playing it smart, knows his market and is minimizing his risk. and he's making a very decent buck in the process.

Forum List

Back