Black "pastor" arrested for crime of watering his neighbours garden

I corrected myself since alabama is one of the few stop and ID states,,

most states that are not stop and ID you dont have to id unless youve been lawfully arrested,,
Here we go again.
This was wrong yesterday and is still wrong today:
You are required to give your ID if the officer has reasonable suspicion that you are committing a crime or have just committed a crime.
*Note that is NOT an arrest.

Here we go again.
This was wrong yesterday and is still wrong today:
You are required to give your ID if the officer has reasonable suspicion that you are committing a crime or have just committed a crime.
*Note that is NOT an arrest.
you should try reading the laws before commenting on them,,,
I did,,

its called reasonable articulable suspicion,,

I'm old enough and experienced enough to know that when a cop requests identification, he wants to see a photo ID...lol
In this case, all he is entitled to is the guys name and that was given to him
He has no authority to demand ID

He freaked out when he didn’t get it

It's an investigative detention, NOT an arrest.

You should try reading the laws before commenting on them.
an investigation doesnt require me to say anything,, in fact the 5th allows me to remain silent,,,

and you need to use something other than wiki for anything legal or political since its allowed to be edited by almost anyone,,

In this case, all he is entitled to is the guys name and that was given to him
He has no authority to demand ID

He freaked out when he didn’t get it
Yeah, you're wrong, since Jennings wasn't on his own property.

The discrimination claim is stupid, since the cops were responding to a report. They weren't driving around and picked some random black dude to hassle.

Yeah, you're wrong, since Jennings wasn't on his own property.

The discrimination claim is stupid, since the cops were responding to a report. They weren't driving around and picked some random black dude to hassle.

Doesn’t matter
They can ask his name but not demand an ID

He provided his name as Pastor Jennings and pointed to his house.
All that is required

It's literally the only way a person can "identify themselves". It's WHY we have photo IDs...lol
the law doesnt say to identify yourself it says to give name address and reason for your actions,,,

since there is no law that requires you have an ID they cant make a law saying you have to use one to ID yourself,,,

youre arguing something that doesnt exist,,

Doesn’t matter
They can ask his name but not demand an ID

He provided his name as Pastor Jennings and pointed to his house.
All that is required
Without ID, he could say he's anybody. And the cops are just supposed to go along with it? That's just ignorant...lol

Forum List

Back