Black "pastor" arrested for crime of watering his neighbours garden

The law that requires people to show their ID upon request by law enforcement.

No, it requires they identify themselves which the Pastor did
It also requires the officer to suspect a Felony is being committed. Watering flowers is not a Felony

YOUR state is a show upon request state. Do you live in a shitty state?...lol

Answer

There is no state of Illinois or domestic passport law. You cannot be forced to show an ID.

You can be required to identify yourself only if the police reasonably suspect that you are in the process of committing a crime or committed a crime and:

• You are in a public place;
  • The police think you are part of a crime; and
  • The police tell you that they are police.

Because I was angry.
But I am smart and mature enough to realize I didn't have the power in this situation. And if anyone was going to lose - it was going to be me. Not a doubt in my mind if I kept arguing back and not cooperating = my ass would have been in handcuffs. 100%
Was that cop racist against whites?
No? Why not?
That is the difference. For every black person mistreated or a victim of police over stepping their authority - there are at least 10 white people treated the same.
I assure you - if you and I wanted to get into "link wars"... you link a video of some black person getting harassed by the police - I can link 5 white people getting harassed.

If you hadn't been drinking and driving you would have had your seat belt on.

in alabama he is legally required to ID himself on demand,,
only on public property...he wasn't on public property.
With that said, he was very rude and ugly to the officers, who were simply responding to a call for service. The real issue he should have is with his other neighbor that called the law on him.,

If I were the police, I simply would not respond to any more calls in that neighborhood

"Stop and identify" statutes are laws in several U.S. states that authorize police[1] to lawfully order people whom they reasonably suspect of a crime to state their name. If there is not reasonable suspicion that a crime has been committed, is being committed, or is about to be committed, an individual is not required to provide identification documents, even in these states.[2]

only on public property...he wasn't on public property.
With that said, he was very rude and ugly to the officers, who were simply responding to a call for service. The real issue he should have is with his other neighbor that called the law on him.,

If I were the police, I simply would not respond to any more calls in that neighborhood
theres no location factor in the law,, and he can be an ass all he wants to the cops,, he did ID himself and they still arrested him so a pox on their house ,,

2006 Alabama Code - Section 15-5-30 — Authority of peace officer to stop and question.​

A sheriff or other officer acting as sheriff, his deputy or any constable, acting within their respective counties, any marshal, deputy marshal or policeman of any incorporated city or town within the limits of the county or any highway patrolman or state trooper may stop any person abroad in a public place whom he reasonably suspects is committing, has committed or is about to commit a felony or other public offense and may demand of him his name, address and an explanation of his actions.

theres no location factor in the law,, and he can be an ass all he wants to the cops,, he did ID himself and they still arrested him so a pox on their house ,,

Authority of peace officer to stop and question.

A sheriff or other officer acting as sheriff, his deputy or any constable, acting within their respective counties, any marshal, deputy marshal or policeman of any incorporated city or town within the limits of the county or any highway patrolman or state trooper may stop any person abroad in a public place whom he reasonably suspects is committing, has committed or is about to commit a felony or other public offense and may demand of him his name, address and an explanation of his actions.

"Stop and identify" statutes are laws in several U.S. states that authorize police[1] to lawfully order people whom they reasonably suspect of a crime to state their name. If there is not reasonable suspicion that a crime has been committed, is being committed, or is about to be committed, an individual is not required to provide identification documents, even in these states.[2]
wiki really?? why didnt you get the state law instead??

Forum List

Back