Blast near US Embassy in Kabul marks early hours of 9/11 anniversary

Maybe you didn't know it, but there is a war going on in Afghanistan.....I think its been going on for almost 19 years.....in 80 more years, maybe we will finally get the point and pull out of there
Afganis have been at war for 40 years.
It's all they know.
So we should leave........
Never should have been there to begin with.
Operation Cyclone - Wikipedia
Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) program to arm and finance the mujahideen, in Afghanistan from 1979 to 1989, prior to and during the military intervention by the USSR in support of its client, the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan.
Well I will be disappointed if Trump doesn't pull out our troops from Afghan......he is the only person who could do it because his base will support it as long as he tells them to....

Progressives were always against it, so they will support it....

however, the establishment Dems/Reps, neo-liberals and neo-cons will be against it, but its about time we erase them from the political discourse...they are a cancer

Maybe you didn't know it, but there is a war going on in Afghanistan.....I think its been going on for almost 19 years.....in 80 more years, maybe we will finally get the point and pull out of there
It's all they know.

so true-----Afghanistan has a LONG documented history. It was---LONG AGO
a Buddhist land----but also harbored Zoroastrians and Jews. It was quite a
"literate" place-----then islam happened. -----things never UNBLOODIED since
then

It's all they know.
Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) program to arm and finance the mujahideen, in Afghanistan from 1979 to 1989, prior to and during the military intervention by the USSR in support of its client, the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan.
Well I will be disappointed if Trump doesn't pull out our troops from Afghan......he is the only person who could do it because his base will support it as long as he tells them to....

however, the establishment Dems/Reps, neo-liberals and neo-cons will be against it, but its about time we erase them from the political discourse...they are a cancer

you are conjecturing-----It is not clear to me whether withdrawal from afghanistan is a good or bad idea. I just do not have enough information-----but I have a sense
that even PAKISTAN is worried about that land and aggression therefrom or
attempts by other countries like Russia or Iran GETTING A FOOT IN. Afghanistan was------long ago-----I think---part of the PERSIAN EMPIRE----
they speak a language chock full of farsi. -----but I think they are sunnis----do not
quote me

It's all they know.

you are conjecturing-----It is not clear to me whether withdrawal from afghanistan is a good or bad idea. I just do not have enough information-----but I have a sense
attempts by other countries like Russia or Iran GETTING A FOOT IN. Afghanistan was------long ago-----I think---part of the PERSIAN EMPIRE----
they speak a language chock full of farsi. -----but I think they are sunnis----do not
quote me
I am going to say it again.....I will be disappointed if Trump does not bring the troops home....

there is no reason to be there.....they live there, they have always lived there...we don't.....

There is no value in occupying that country for the next 100 yrs

It's all they know.

quote me
I am going to say it again.....I will be disappointed if Trump does not bring the troops home....

there is no reason to be there.....they live there, they have always lived there...we don't.....

It is strategically located------its population is largely illiterate. It is a logical
base for OPPORTUNISTS which is why Yemeni/Saudi Osama went there----
in fact the Afghanis are not the actual radicals there-------the radical criminals
are the OPPORTUNIST and violent TALIBAN------actually PAKISTANIS
(think "country with DA BOMB" ) IT IS a dangerous situation

quote me

It is strategically located------its population is largely illiterate. It is a logical
base for OPPORTUNISTS which is why Yemeni/Saudi Osama went there----
in fact the Afghanis are not the actual radicals there-------the radical criminals
are the OPPORTUNIST and violent TALIBAN------actually PAKISTANIS
(think "country with DA BOMB" ) IT IS a dangerous situation
We have been there almost 20 yrs and we still just as panicked about the Taliban, Al Queda and terrorists in general as we have always been....so occupying that country isn't worth it if we are still just as afraid of all of this as we have always been....

Yes, it's Wednesday in Afghanistan, and they're officially getting the 18th anniversary
of 9/11 off with a bang,

A large explosion went off in the vicinity of the US Embassy in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, moments after midnight on the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, footage from the scene shows.

A column of smoke was captured in photos early Wednesday morning, thought to be near the US Embassy in Kabul’s “exclusion zone.” The Afghan Defense Ministry said a rocket hit an “external wall” near its headquarters, but confirmed no casualties.

https://www.rt.com/news/468526-kabul-blast-911-anniversary/
To think they could have been lounging at Camp David.

Yes, it's Wednesday in Afghanistan, and they're officially getting the 18th anniversary
of 9/11 off with a bang,

A large explosion went off in the vicinity of the US Embassy in Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan, moments after midnight on the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, footage from the scene shows.

A column of smoke was captured in photos early Wednesday morning, thought to be near the US Embassy in Kabul’s “exclusion zone.” The Afghan Defense Ministry said a rocket hit an “external wall” near its headquarters, but confirmed no casualties.

https://www.rt.com/news/468526-kabul-blast-911-anniversary/
To think they could have been lounging at Camp David.
Or hanging with ABC over in Iraq..

Forum List

Back