Bloomberg backs down! WooT!!!

Hey, what happens if the owner of the park decides this was all a mistake and doesn't want these bums there any more? Is the mayor and the NYPD going to refuse to enforce his rights?

That's exactly what happened. However, although the park is private property technically, I believe there are legal arrangements making it in effect a park open to the public. I'm sure there are legal pretexts on which the police could have cleared the park out, but it's not as simple and cut-and-dried as the phrase "private property" would indicate -- not as if they were camped on someone's front lawn.

The real problem for Bloomberg is that he doesn't want to come off looking like a tyrant. If there are thousands of people and the police have to engage in massive amounts of violence to clear them out, that is NOT going to make the mayor look very good.

Lets see what happens when McDonalds,Starbucks,Dentist Offices,Joe's Pizza,Sol's Deli,Rachaels Massage Parlor, and "Gerbils R Us" Refuses to let the protesters use their "Very Clean Restrooms", then it's back to pooping and urinating on cars, trees and sidewalk landscaping,

I find it odd that nobody has put up the Tardis potties. It only makes sense.

Who do you expect to pay for that?

Lets see what happens when McDonalds,Starbucks,Dentist Offices,Joe's Pizza,Sol's Deli,Rachaels Massage Parlor, and "Gerbils R Us" Refuses to let the protesters use their "Very Clean Restrooms", then it's back to pooping and urinating on cars, trees and sidewalk landscaping,

Who do you expect to pay for that?

Arent they free?

Ask any progressive...anything the government furnishes is free to the citizens.

yep...

Glued to MSNBC.

Boy do they make you look silly!
Do you really think it was Obama who bailed out the banks, in September/October 2008, before he was elected president? :lol:

This site should have an intelligence test to join. Simple multiple choice, to weed out the morons like Jarhead.

Nope.

You just have trouble comprehending where I am coming from.

Question....were those bailouts an executive order?
Oh, I see. Bush had nothing to do with it! :lol:

o.png

Do you really think it was Obama who bailed out the banks, in September/October 2008, before he was elected president? :lol:

This site should have an intelligence test to join. Simple multiple choice, to weed out the morons like Jarhead.

Nope.

Sure...thats exactly what I said.

No listen closely....

The comment you originally referred to talked about Obamabots....not Obama...

Now, that being said, it was a democratic congress that drafted and approved TARP and asked a lame duck president to sign in the midst of what they continually referred to as "the brink of a depression"...

Now....what lame duck president who was continually blamed by the sitting congress that he was solely responsible for the "imminent depression" would not sign into law something that same congress told the WORLD was required to avoid a world wide financial collapse?

I mean.....do you do any thinking for yourself at all?????????

Porta potties are rented and the Tardis are not meant for constant use [i think] and also cost money to use.

As seen in the past, liberals will break items with money in them open once they are good and wound up.

Furthermore, anything with a chemical toilet in it must have someone come by and empty it with a big truck every day. They don't do that for free.

10 day forcast still shows highs in the 60s and lows in the upper 40s so the weather will not be kicking them out anytime soon.

The real fun begins when lows start dipping into the 30's. Thats when we find out who has the good cold weather gear, and who goes home.

You don't think there will be plenty of organizations buying them whatever they need to stay warm?

Wouldn't FreedomWorks do that for their astroturf movement? Then why wouldn't unions, for a legitimate movement?

And *POOF*....

Your credibility diminishes even more.

His WHAT?! :lmao:

Hey, what happens if the owner of the park decides this was all a mistake and doesn't want these bums there any more? Is the mayor and the NYPD going to refuse to enforce his rights?

That's exactly what happened. However, although the park is private property technically, I believe there are legal arrangements making it in effect a park open to the public. I'm sure there are legal pretexts on which the police could have cleared the park out, but it's not as simple and cut-and-dried as the phrase "private property" would indicate -- not as if they were camped on someone's front lawn.

The real problem for Bloomberg is that he doesn't want to come off looking like a tyrant. If there are thousands of people and the police have to engage in massive amounts of violence to clear them out, that is NOT going to make the mayor look very good.

Well, it's his own damned fault. He should have put a stop to this nonsense right at the beginning. And public health is an excellent reason for tossing them, as is the damage they're doing to the property. How does he think it's going to make him look when there's an outbreak of dysentery or worse from the lack of sanitation? Is it going to enhance his position as mayor for the largest city in the US to turn into a medieval pesthole on his watch?

Nope.

Sure...thats exactly what I said.

No listen closely....

The comment you originally referred to talked about Obamabots....not Obama...

Now, that being said, it was a democratic congress that drafted and approved TARP and asked a lame duck president to sign in the midst of what they continually referred to as "the brink of a depression"...

Now....what lame duck president who was continually blamed by the sitting congress that he was solely responsible for the "imminent depression" would not sign into law something that same congress told the WORLD was required to avoid a world wide financial collapse?

I mean.....do you do any thinking for yourself at all?????????

Oh, they forced Bush to bail out Wall Street!

Good luck selling that pile of shit.

Oh for God's sake...geez Boob...you sure know how to see out of only one eye.
They were not going to be "kicked out"...they were going to be removed so the city could clean up the God awful mess these people are making.
During the night, instead of doing nothing, the people actually started to clean up the mess they are making.
Thus...the reason to evacuate them is no longer present.

Sheesh...you must get awful dizzy.

Uh...no. Elected officials told the management company not to toss the protesters. Supposedly they got A Lot of calls.

I do find the ire at these protesters amusing in light of the pretend patriots' ranting and raving about how the tea loons were just exercising their first amendment rights.

Last edited:
Well, it's his own damned fault. He should have put a stop to this nonsense right at the beginning.

At the beginning it was only a few people, and it has become customary for people to use public places such as parks to exercise their First Amendment rights of free speech, peaceful assembly, and petitioning for a redress of grievances. Had he done anything then, he would clearly have been in the wrong. It's only because the protest has lasted so long and become, apparently, a permanent fixture that there might be issues which allow him legally to clear the park.

And public health is an excellent reason for tossing them, as is the damage they're doing to the property.

Claims of public health problems or damage to the property are without foundation, in fact. The protest movement is very well organized. Trash is hauled off the property daily. There is a department of the Central Committee with explicit responsibility for sanitation and public safety. There has been no damage to the park itself. All this has been verified by inspectors from the company that owns the property.

You should not believe everything that circulates as a rumor about this movement, especially given that those opposed to it are clearly willing to lie about it.

What might give him a pretext is the fact that the park was never intended to be home to a permanent large-scale protest movement. But again, political considerations are obviously giving him pause.

Last edited:
Here we are in 2011, and how embarrassing that some people have to clean up after other babies&teen boppers pooping messes in a New York Park! How would it look for some guy to come home to his wife, the wife says,,,HONEY !! HOW WAS YOUR DAY ???? (edith bunker) Hubby: I had a wonderful day !! I got to shovel human waste! I was so productive, I am so proud to be an American!

Man...when you look at the live streaming camera...I can only imagine the stench.
No matter the cause, or whether you agree or disagree - to say this is not a serious health hazard is absurd.
These people need evacuated before the hospitals fill up with who knows what sicknesses.

Well, it's his own damned fault. He should have put a stop to this nonsense right at the beginning.

At the beginning it was only a few people, and it has become customary for people to use public places such as parks to exercise their First Amendment rights of free speech, peaceful assembly, and petitioning for a redress of grievances. Had he done anything then, he would clearly have been in the wrong. It's only because the protest has lasted so long and become, apparently, a permanent fixture that there might be issues which allow him legally to clear the park.

And public health is an excellent reason for tossing them, as is the damage they're doing to the property.

Claims of public health problems or damage to the property are without foundation, in fact. The protest movement is very well organized. Trash is hauled off the property daily. There is a department of the Central Committee with explicit responsibility for sanitation and public safety. There has been no damage to the park itself. All this has been verified by inspectors from the company that owns the property.

You should not believe everything that circulates as a rumor about this movement, especially given that those opposed to it are clearly willing to lie about it.
What might give him a pretext is the fact that the park was never intended to be home to a permanent large-scale protest movement. But again, political considerations are obviously giving him pause.

I would like to elaborate on the line I highlighted.....

Likewise.....

You should not believe everything that circulates as a rumor about this movement, especially given that those FOR it are clearly willing to lie about it.

Curious....exactly where were you when our politicians were lying about the tea party rallies?

Oh for God's sake...geez Boob...you sure know how to see out of only one eye.
They were not going to be "kicked out"...they were going to be removed so the city could clean up the God awful mess these people are making.
During the night, instead of doing nothing, the people actually started to clean up the mess they are making.
Thus...the reason to evacuate them is no longer present.

Sheesh...you must get awful dizzy.

Uh...no. Elected officials told the management company not to toss the protesters. Supposedly they got A Lot of calls.

I do find the ire at these protestersmamusing in light of the pretend patriots' ranting and raving about how the tea loons were just exercising their first amendment rights.

Funny thing...

I am here supportung the protesters although I disagree with them...as I support their passion and excercising of the rioght to free speach..

Yet you must refer to those that think differently than you as loons.

I see that as pathetic.

Last edited:

Likewise.....

You should not believe everything that circulates as a rumor about this movement, especially given that those FOR it are clearly willing to lie about it.

I can actually point to a number of lies that have circulated by those opposed to OWS, for example the alleged list of "official demands" including the $20 minimum wage that turned out to be a single person's post on the web site's forum, and not anything official at all. There were several threads here about that. Also, the frequent claims that the movement is all orchestrated by Van Jones or by the Obama administration or by organized labor by George Soros (did I leave anyone out there?), without any evidence presented in support of this allegation. Then there's the photos of a young guy with his pants dropped, alleging that he is shitting on a police car or in public, but without any feces in the picture, when the likelier interpretation is that the guy is giving himself a sponge-bath.

Now, what lies can you point to that have been told by those who support the movement?

When you look at the footage of what the 5000 or so protesters have done to Manacotti Fettucini Park, you have to feel sympathy for all of the squirrels,birds,coyotes,wolves,sasquatch,ferrets,mouses,rats,chubacabra's and Anthony Weiner Supporters who used to live in that park. God Help Them!

Forum List

Back