🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bloomberg to take on NRA-FAIL

"Your current strategic focus clearly places priority on the needs of gun and ammunition manufacturers while disregarding the opinions of your 4 million individual members."

I support the NRA's right to support the gun industry - just about EVERY major industry has lobbyists.

If NRA members are content to shell out their hard-earned to support arms manufacturers, then that's fine by me. But if they contribute and pay their dues with the understanding that the NRA is representing their views, they deserve to know the truth.

The NRA spent half a million in one day alone trying to defeat a bi-partisan proposal to expand background checks at gun shows and for online purchases. This, in spite of the fact that 85% of GUN OWNERS supported the proposal! (and 91% of all Americans)

They are representing their members views who are 4.3 million.
There are around 43% of Americans who own guns.
Their opinions are based on propaganda and lies, not actual facts. This is how they are controlling Americans in their views and opinions.
Remember what one Dem said when the majority of the people were against their proposals on guns right after Sandy hook?
"Well, we will just have to change their opinions on that".

LOL - I detect projection here.

Ewwwwwwwww Registering = confiscation

Ewwwwwwwww Background checks = confiscation.

Yeah - there's some real solid, non-emotional, intelligent, honest reasoning ....

Lawbreakers don't follow the laws of registering and background checks.
The more registering laws and background checks just hinders the law abider.
Hmm.
I have a license to own all of my guns, and all of them are registered. *
How does any of this prevent me from using one or more of my guns to commit a crime?

* This is, of course, untrue - the statement was made for sake of argument.

Have you used them to commit a crime?
If you haven't then you are not a law breaker.
Registered guns or no registered guns.
We have enough laws on guns, we need to go after the insane and the gangs, who have been committing the vast majority of gun crimes in the last 20 years right now.

"Your current strategic focus clearly places priority on the needs of gun and ammunition manufacturers while disregarding the opinions of your 4 million individual members."

I support the NRA's right to support the gun industry - just about EVERY major industry has lobbyists.

If NRA members are content to shell out their hard-earned to support arms manufacturers, then that's fine by me. But if they contribute and pay their dues with the understanding that the NRA is representing their views, they deserve to know the truth.

The NRA spent half a million in one day alone trying to defeat a bi-partisan proposal to expand background checks at gun shows and for online purchases. This, in spite of the fact that 85% of GUN OWNERS supported the proposal! (and 91% of all Americans)
You fail to understand:
Bad/useless law is bad/useless law, regardless of how many people like it.

Most don't find it acceptable. So a little of your time isn't worth a life? Your a sad person. Lets make the dealer checks more effective and close the loophole.

It doesn't matter what you think of me.

What proof do you have that the background checks we have now are not effective?

If you want to cede your liberty and rights to the government go ahead.

I'll fight to the death for mine.

Nothing we are talking about would keep guns from those who can legally own them. You want to fight for the right of criminals to easily get guns?

No, I will fight for the right for me to easily get guns.

-Geaux

Bloomberg is a billionaire.

He can match the gun lobby dollar for dollar.

So along with a majority of Americans WANTING sensible gun laws, there's a billionaire with the cash to make it happen.

And a media outlet.

Unfortunately? That's how things get done in this country now adays.

By Elites.

Why does Bloomberg and the left promote violence because that is certainly what's to come with further infringements of our civil rights

Enough is enough

-Geaux

The ONLY ones promoting violence are people like you. Your OP and subsequent comments have the whiff of gunpowder and death.

You are the scum of our nation...

keepingourguns.jpg

Of course you do.
You do not, however, have any capacity to disprove the statement.
The statement that anti-gun loons only argue from e, i, and/or d ?
Nope - loons on both sides are dependent on it. And you have proven half of that to be true.
Actually no, the anti-gun loons have, repeatedly, proven half of that to be true.
As I do not argue from emotion, ignorance or dishonesty, you'll have to use someone else to illustrate the other part of your satement.

I've posted news articles and studies. Neither are emotion, ignorance or dishonesty. Sorry, you lose again.

It doesn't matter what you think of me.

What proof do you have that the background checks we have now are not effective?

If you want to cede your liberty and rights to the government go ahead.

I'll fight to the death for mine.

Nothing we are talking about would keep guns from those who can legally own them. You want to fight for the right of criminals to easily get guns?

No, I will fight for the right for me to easily get guns.

-Geaux

Well you have that. Now lets make it harder for criminals to get guns.

...between your ears. I didn't think you could back up your juvenile bullshit.

I post a study and that's all you have? Talk about juvenile.
You posted an link and expected other people to do your homework. For some reason you can't find the portion that made your case.

Here is the portion that makes my case:
Results. After adjustment, individuals in possession of a gun were 4.46 (P < .05) times more likely to be shot in an assault than those not in possession. Among gun assaults where the victim had at least some chance to resist, this adjusted odds ratio increased to 5.45 (P < .05).

speaking of New York

a million folks missed the last day of mandatory registration

of their "assault" weapons

which came and went on 4/15/14

--LOL

Indeed- And what I point out to the weak and dependent left, is Nevada was just a dry run. When one puts in perspective the fact that Michigan alone sold over 1 million hunting licenses in 2012 speaks volumes.

If the government continues down the path it's on, there will be a gatherings at Little Big Horn, Vicksburg and Concord etc, that will make the Nevada scene look like child's play

-Geaux

What the hell does hunting licenses have to do with you gun nuts? The stupid military weapons are not legal for hunting in most states...

No, that's a lie.

...and many hunters, like myself, have nothing but contempt for you whacked out idiots.

Half lier, half projection.

Besides that, given the attitude toward the law and common decency displaced by the whackaloons, most of you probably poach the game, and only take the backstraps, leaving the rest to rot.

More projection. Note: plenty of gun owners (including me) do not hunt & never have.

Sooner this dude takes a dirt nap the better we'll all be for it. Pass any further infringements and we likely will not allow them to stand.

Think Nevada on a much, much larger scale.

-Geaux

Michael Bloomberg Is Starting A Gun Control Organization To Take On The NRA

Former New York City mayor and very, very rich man Michael Bloomberg plans to take on the National Rifle Association and other Second Amendment advocates by forming and financing a new organization focused on gun control. He's pledged at least $50 million to the effort.

The strategy will focus not on sweeping federal restrictions to ban certain weapons, but instead will seek to expand the background check system for gun buyers both at the state and national levels.

Bloomberg told the Times that this new group will try to use the NRA’s own tactics against them, penalizing lawmakers whose stances on gun rights differ from the organization’s. “We’ve got to make them afraid of us,” is how he put it.

The former mayor also said that the effort will deviate from the standard playbook for gun control advocates, throwing less money into television campaigns and more money into field operations to drive single-issue voters, focusing primarily on female voters. The group will initially focus on 15 states, including Colorado, Washington, Texas, Montana, and Indiana.

I assume you mean dying of natural causes and not at the hands of some gun nut
Do you consider every gun owner a "nut"?

Of course he does.

Please tell us how wonderful it is in one party systems. Show us a single country where that has been beneficial.

Reactionaries distort the conservative/liberal system.

That is why you folks are leaving: you are not GOP, we don't ever want you (except your votes)

I'm a DEMOCRAT silly person. I have always been a Democrat. Unlike your claims I tell the truth. What you are is a progressive. The powers that be have spent decades tying little people like you up in knots so that you don't know who you are or who you support.

That's just the way they like it.

Educate yourself.

You give him too much credit: Fakey is an AUTHORITARIAN.

A woman who fears being raped buys a gun.
Is she now a gun nut?
Is she a victim of "ridiculous Right Wing fear-mongering"?

I mean C'Mon! Bloomberg wouldn't know which end of a gun to hold. Absolute idiot.

He shouldn't have to.

None of us should have to.

This is inevitable. The radical right wants criminals, illegals, terrorists and the mentally ill to have guns and most of the country disagrees.

See...now you're lying again!

It would be harder for gangs to get guns if they were registered and we had universal background checks.

You assume that criminals would all of a sudden start obeying the law.

It would be much easier to catch illegal gun sales. Police could pretend to be a buyer to catch the seller. They could pretend to be a seller to catch buyers. Right now it's too easy to get guns.

Who do you think sells some of them? They walk out the back door of the police station!

Sooner this dude takes a dirt nap the better we'll all be for it. Pass any further infringements and we likely will not allow them to stand.

Think Nevada on a much, much larger scale.

-Geaux

Michael Bloomberg Is Starting A Gun Control Organization To Take On The NRA

Former New York City mayor and very, very rich man Michael Bloomberg plans to take on the National Rifle Association and other Second Amendment advocates by forming and financing a new organization focused on gun control. He's pledged at least $50 million to the effort.

The strategy will focus not on sweeping federal restrictions to ban certain weapons, but instead will seek to expand the background check system for gun buyers both at the state and national levels.

Bloomberg told the Times that this new group will try to use the NRA’s own tactics against them, penalizing lawmakers whose stances on gun rights differ from the organization’s. “We’ve got to make them afraid of us,” is how he put it.

The former mayor also said that the effort will deviate from the standard playbook for gun control advocates, throwing less money into television campaigns and more money into field operations to drive single-issue voters, focusing primarily on female voters. The group will initially focus on 15 states, including Colorado, Washington, Texas, Montana, and Indiana.

Come on down Bloominidiot and throw all the money you want in TX, we'll take the business and smile while we ignore your propaganda.

Forum List

Back