Bobby Jindal: I’m Holding Firm Against Gay Marriage

I love Bobby Jindal

He has the courage to stand up and show that the Republican Party is still stuck in the 1950s

Actually, I think that the Republican Party of the 1950's was considerably more moderate than the current Republican Party.

A society that says anything-goes, is a society on the way to destruction. Gay marriage is but a symptom of a much greater problem. We are losing our moral compass and we will destroy this country in the process.

Encouraging MORE marriage is immoral?

I love Bobby Jindal

He has the courage to stand up and show that the Republican Party is still stuck in the 1950s

Actually, I think that the Republican Party of the 1950's was considerably more moderate than the current Republican Party.

A society that says anything-goes, is a society on the way to destruction. Gay marriage is but a symptom of a much greater problem. We are losing our moral compass and we will destroy this country in the process.

encouraging and sanctioning perversion is immoral.

I love Bobby Jindal

Issuing marriage licenses has nothing to do with 'perversion'. Whether or not the married couple- straight or gay- engages in sexual acts that you consider to be perverted- is none of your business- and again- has nothing to do with the marriage license.

I love Bobby Jindal

Really? See- I see 'gay marriage' as a sign of progress from those who want the state to control what they consider to be 'morality'

Look at how we have progressed
Women got the right to vote
Americans got the right to legally use contraception.
Sex outside of marriage is no longer a crime punishable by the state.
Government was told that they couldn't ban mixed race couples from marrying.
Government was told to stay out of bedrooms when laws against sodomy were declared unconstitutional.

You consider all of those 'losing our moral compass'- I consider them all progress.

I love Bobby Jindal

Issuing marriage licenses has nothing to do with 'perversion'. Whether or not the married couple- straight or gay- engages in sexual acts that you consider to be perverted- is none of your business- and again- has nothing to do with the marriage license.

that is your opinion. I disagree, as do many other human beings.

Thats what you fools don't understand------------we don't all have to accept your definition of normal. We are allowed to hold other views.

Your are one intolerant bastard.

I love Bobby Jindal

Really? See- I see 'gay marriage' as a sign of progress from those who want the state to control what they consider to be 'morality'

Look at how we have progressed
Women got the right to vote
Americans got the right to legally use contraception.
Sex outside of marriage is no longer a crime punishable by the state.
Government was told that they couldn't ban mixed race couples from marrying.
Government was told to stay out of bedrooms when laws against sodomy were declared unconstitutional.

You consider all of those 'losing our moral compass'- I consider them all progress.

again, your opinion. We disagree.

When polygamy and parent/child marriage becomes legal will you consider that progress as well?

You can believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. However, you can't deny equal protection under the law to gay citizens under the US constitution. The Supreme Court has deemed the right to marry a fundamental right, you can't deny that right unless there is a compelling government interest. States have failed to even produce a legitimate one, so how can they even met that extremely high standard?

You can believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. However, you can't deny equal protection under the law to gay citizens under the US constitution. The Supreme Court has deemed the right to marry a fundamental right, you can't deny that right unless there is a compelling government interest. States have failed to even produce a legitimate one, so how can they even met that extremely high standard?

they already have EQUAL protections under the LAW. You can spin it anyway you want it still wont give you the results you PREFER

marrying SOMEONE isn't a right

they already have EQUAL protections under the LAW. You can spin it anyway you want it still wont give you the results you PREFER

Supreme Court has already said it is a right

Telling someone that they have to abandon their sexuality in order to get married is NOT equal protection

I say good for Jindal. Seeing one of these elected people stand on their principal for a change. Like it or not. tough doo doo if you don't

DON'T VOTE for him

Chief Justice Warren laughs at you.

Loving v. Virginia The Oyez Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law

One justice (Opinion) isn't making our laws. so the laugh is on you

So why did the Supreme Court say it was...three times?

(Loving v Virginia, Turner v Safely and Zablocki v Wisconsin)

One justice (Opinion) isn't making our laws. so the laugh is on you

giphy.gif

The majority opinion becomes law. That's how our system works.

I love Bobby Jindal

I consider fundamentalist Christianity a perversion of logic and humanity, but it doesn't matter how I fell. You don't make laws about two consenting adults who love each other and who want to marry

OMG OMG why should they marry Fricken fracken Obama!

You're an idiot. Marriage becomes an equal protection right when the government makes it a civil union.

Forum List

Back