Boby Dylan Interview

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
People called Shadows in the Night a tribute to Frank Sinatra. Did you know Sinatra had recorded all those songs when you put that record out?

Yeah, I knew he did, but a lot of other people recorded them as well, it just so happened that he had the best versions of them. When I recorded these songs I had to make believe that I never heard of Sinatra, that he didnā€™t exist. Heā€™s a guide. Heā€™ll point the way and lead you to the entrance but from there youā€™re on your own.

There is a famous story that you and Springsteen were invited to a dinner party at Sinatraā€™s house around the time you did that TV tribute to him. Had you met him before? Did you feel like he knew your stuff?

Not really. I think he knew ā€œThe Times They Are a-Changinā€™ā€ and ā€œBlowinā€™ In the Wind.ā€ I know he liked ā€œForever Young,ā€ he told me that. He was funny, we were standing out on his patio at night and he said to me, ā€œYou and me, pal, we got blue eyes, weā€™re from up there,ā€ and he pointed to the stars. ā€œThese other bums are from down here.ā€ I remember thinking that he might be right.
Q&A with Bill Flanagan | The Official Bob Dylan Site

It's a pretty good interview. I don't even like Bob Dylan's music.

Forum List

Back