Boehner Caves....

Your point? So what have they done to influence the shutdown debate exactly? I've never heard one iota of them in the news, this is the first. Albeit, this comes from the left leaning Washington Post, they are prone to speculation.

You must be watching FoxNews and apparently you didn't read my post....

"The brothers' privately held chemical conglomerate, Koch Industries, issued a rare public statement to deny allegations that the pair supported the high-risk strategy of defunding the government."

The Chamber of Commerce was against the shutdown as was the Heritage Foundation.

Even Charles Krauthammer thought it was crazy.

The good news is that maybe the adults will get back control of the Republican Party.

I don't watch Fox News. Why must you make such an assumption? And why do you care about the Republican Party?

Because we need two parties to work together for America.

You must be watching FoxNews and apparently you didn't read my post....

"The brothers' privately held chemical conglomerate, Koch Industries, issued a rare public statement to deny allegations that the pair supported the high-risk strategy of defunding the government."

The Chamber of Commerce was against the shutdown as was the Heritage Foundation.

Even Charles Krauthammer thought it was crazy.

The good news is that maybe the adults will get back control of the Republican Party.

I don't watch Fox News. Why must you make such an assumption? And why do you care about the Republican Party?

Because we need two parties to work together for America.

Rofl, you could care less. You partisan hack.

Damn this thread is full of left wing wet dreams....

Republicans approval rating of 24%.

The Republican Party is becoming more and more marginalized.

mmj6rr5b6kem323wnfrlva.png

Now I see what you're doing. Spin it up, hotshot. Are you unable to read arabic numerals?

Last edited:
A six week extension on the debt ceiling isn't surrender.

Yeah kind of is..now tue dems know eventually the gop will cave and they dont have to say shit.

The gop blinked first but however you need to spin it to make yourself feel better.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office determined that the Medicare provisions in President Obama's health care law would save $700 BILLION over a decade and EXTENDS THE LIFE OF MEDICARE. Extends it EIGHT YEARS.

LOL I just showed you where you were wrong. Don't lie.

Once again.

Romney?s right: Obamacare cuts Medicare by $716 billion. Here?s how.

Sorry. Arguing that Republicans are pro Medicare is pretty silly.

Republicans want to privatize Medicare and Social Security.

I trust the CBO over you.

Damn this thread is full of left wing wet dreams....

Now I see what you're doing. Spin it up, hotshot.

28% in the Gallup poll, 24% in the WSJ/NBC poll.

Lowest ratings rating for any major party in history.

Party leaders freaked out today and ran for the exits.

We should have a deal by Monday.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office determined that the Medicare provisions in President Obama's health care law would save $700 BILLION over a decade and EXTENDS THE LIFE OF MEDICARE. Extends it EIGHT YEARS.

Once again.

Where did I say they were pro-Medicare? I'm just pointing out a fact of life you're choosing to ignore. I trust reality over you.

You cited Gallup in your OP. Learn to read your own posts, you dolt. You continue citing the lower number, on purpose.

Last edited:

Once again.

Where did I say they were pro-Medicare? I'm just pointing out a fact of life you're choosing to ignore. I trust reality over you.

CBO said that efficiencies in the Affordable Care Act would save Medicare $700 billion.

That is not the same as "cutting $700 billion."

Nice try though. Romney and Ryan tried that last year and it did not work then either.

You cited Gallup in your OP. Learn to read your own posts, you dolt.

I quoted both in the threat.

Try to keep up.

I know it's hard when you party is disintegrating.

Obama's approval rating is 37%. Your point? Funny how I never hear of the Koch Brothers on either side of the debate, it's people like you spouting that nonsense.

Charles and David Koch, the billionaires who bankroll Republican causes and candidates, have distanced themselves from the Republican Party's financial brinkmanship as corporate America reacts with growing horror to the imminent prospect of a US debt default.

The brothers' privately held chemical conglomerate, Koch Industries, issued a rare public statement to deny allegations that the pair supported the high-risk strategy of defunding the government.

Finance leaders have for some time been wary of the increasingly radical Republican tactics, but the growing anxiety among mainstream corporate America and party donors such as Koch may prove to be what forces the party leadership to rethink.

Koch brothers claim no involvement in efforts to defund healthcare reforms | World news | theguardian.com

Your point? So what have they done to influence the shutdown debate exactly? I've never heard one iota of them in the news, this is the first. Albeit, this comes from the left leaning Washington Post, they are prone to speculation.

this shows us how paranoid you are ...what the Koch brothers are doing is trying to protect their company from financial loss ....they are the ones who have supplied money to all of the 501'c for the republicans tea baggers and you know it... they don't want to affect Angel soft T paper, quilted northern, brawny, dixie cup, Lycra, stain master, Cordura, Cool max antron and many more company they own .. so denial is the game now to protect their sales it has nothing to do with the Washington post ... it has everything to do with the money these republicans need ... no doe ... they surrender like the cowards they are ...

Obama is doing them a favor by agreeing to speak with them.

[MENTION=18645]Sarah G[/MENTION]

President Obama is doing the House of Representatives a 'favor' to speak with them?

Sarah, you are smarter than this.

President Obama is doing his job. The job he was elected to do.

Part of President Obama's job is to be diplomatic and compromise for the good of every citizen in this country.

Part of President Obama's job is to meet with the House and Senate in order to iron out differences.

[MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION]

You obviously are not very smart if you are siding with the Republicans yet again here. The Rs closed down the government because they were upset with Obama and expect him to give them a way out of their silliness. To save face.

That is not his job. They need to open up government and get their power back from the Teaparty by hard work and ethics. Which they don't have. You either.

Stop trying to be so condescending to me, you aren't near ready.

The Republicans have gone from a grandiose plan to end Obamacare

to a desperate scramble to save face.

The GOP's collapse is complete.

Who can they blame, legitimately?

1. The Tea Party

2. The rightwing propaganda machine, which makes it fortune pushing the GOP towards rightwing extremism, because rightwing extremism sells better,

and what sells better is far more important to the personalities in the rightwing media than is either the good of the GOP or the good of the country.

3. The mainstream of the GOP itself for selling out to 1 and 2 above.

I think it's Faux and talk radio. David Frum was removed from Faux for uttering the heresey that telling the extreme right what they want to hear (the n9ggers are taking over, they're taking your guns, the mexicans want everything for nothing, etc) was a losing electoral strategy.

The gop is now a regional party comprised of the deep south (as Fla and VA and NC become swing states ... soon to be followed by Texas! and the quasi-libertarian Western states, which may just be Idaho and Utah)

Obamacare Foes Using Shutdown Echo South?s Nullifiers - Bloomberg

Outside this losing electoral map, the TPM effectively primaries out traditional republicans, who historically don't oppose women getting mamograms at govt expense

It is amazing that Republicans tried the same tactic that lost them the 1996 election, with the same result.

If you shut down the government, you show people how valuable government is.

The Republicans have gone from a grandiose plan to end Obamacare

to a desperate scramble to save face.

The GOP's collapse is complete.

Who can they blame, legitimately?

1. The Tea Party

2. The rightwing propaganda machine, which makes it fortune pushing the GOP towards rightwing extremism, because rightwing extremism sells better,

and what sells better is far more important to the personalities in the rightwing media than is either the good of the GOP or the good of the country.

3. The mainstream of the GOP itself for selling out to 1 and 2 above.

The sad thing is that 2014 WAS lining up perfectly for them. Now some of their senatorial candidates have to explain this... The House will stay GOP thanks to gerrymandering but they had a very good chance to take the Senate and decided to push an unwise amount of chips into the middle of the table...and lost

They still have a chance but why do something that affects the equilibrium that totally favored them?

In 20 years, political scientists will look back on this as possibly the week Hillary Clinton sewed up the presidency. You would expect the leaders on the GOP side to be a bit more present.
Has there been a Rubio sighting lately? Cruz seems to have gone for a walk. Paul?

Forum List

Back