Boehner Caves....

Don't you think it is about time the Moderate Republicans and Tea party Conservatives go their seperate ways?

I don't see how Boehner can talk about balancing the budget with all the crazies cheering for default...

By the way, the reason the republicans are offering and 6 week extentsion is so that they can quell the insane talk of "We can default--we will just pay the bondholders!!" Think about it--the bondholders are going to rely on the integrity of our Congress to pay them and to keep politics out of issue. Who do these nuts think they are fooling?

Don't you think it is about time the Moderate Republicans and Tea party Conservatives go their seperate ways?

I don't see how Boehner can talk about balancing the budget with all the crazies cheering for default...

By the way, the reason the republicans are offering and 6 week extentsion is so that they can quell the insane talk of "We can default--we will just pay the bondholders!!" Think about it--the bondholders are going to rely on the integrity of our Congress to pay them and to keep politics out of issue. Who do these nuts think they are fooling?

The Republicans elected people who want to destroy the government.

This was a bad idea, especially since the Red States get way more in federal money than they pay in, so shutting down the federal government hurts their own constituents the most.

It is amazing that Republicans tried the same tactic that lost them the 1996 election, with the same result.

If you shut down the government, you show people how valuable government is.

well that and polls are now showing people are holding both parties responsible. the longer this lasts ,the more blame shifts to the democrats. better sharpen those negotiating skills

The Republicans elected people who want to destroy the government.

This was a bad idea, especially since the Red States get way more in federal money than they pay in, so shutting down the federal government hurts their own constituents the most.

$17 trillion in debt, still faling economy, a massive entitlement program costing 1/6th the GDP and you say the republicans are trying to destroy the government

It is amazing that Republicans tried the same tactic that lost them the 1996 election, with the same result.

well that and polls are now showing people are holding both parties responsible. the longer this lasts ,the more blame shifts to the democrats. better sharpen those negotiating skills

Not true.

Republicans are blamed by 53% of Americans for the shutdown.

It is 1995 all over again.

Not true.

To get to 53% you have to add those who blame Republicans and those who blame both parties...

Not true.

To get to 53% you have to add those who blame Republicans and those who blame both parties...

But underlying poll conclusions suggested that recovery will not be easy. Despite a concerted GOP effort to blame Democrats for the shutdown, Americans blamed Republicans by a 22-percentage-point margin (53% to 31%). During the last government shutdowns in the Clinton administration, the pollsters noted, Republicans received less blame, but even that was politically damaging because it helped Clinton win reelection.

Poll shows Republicans taking blame for government shutdown - latimes.com

Not true.

Fuzzy math was designed to masquerade annoyances in order to obfuscate the elephant in the room. :eusa_liar:

Not true.

let me help you here chris.. when this first started, the polls highly blamed the republicans. a few weeks in, many blamed the republicas. today, it is approaching equal. are you seeing the trend? much like your claims that 90% of americans favored background checks, liberal dreamers have once again misread the real mind set of the american people. your pie in the sky vision that this was going to swing voters to give you back the house ain't gonna happen. you're going down with this ship too. No votes for you

Not true.

let me help you here chris.. when this first started, the polls highly blamed the republicans. a few weeks in, many blamed the republicas. today, it is approaching equal. are you seeing the trend? much like your claims that 90% of americans favored background checks, liberal dreamers have once again misread the real mind set of the american people. your pie in the sky vision that this was going to swing voters to give you back the house ain't gonna happen. you're going down with this ship too. No votes for you

Whistling in the dark?

You can't restrict women's reproductive rights, suppress the black vote, fight Hispanic immigration, try to privatize Social Security and Medicare, and then shut down the government and risk America's credit without losing most of the country's support.

Obama is doing them a favor by agreeing to speak with them.

[MENTION=18645]Sarah G[/MENTION]

President Obama is doing the House of Representatives a 'favor' to speak with them?

Sarah, you are smarter than this.

President Obama is doing his job. The job he was elected to do.

Part of President Obama's job is to be diplomatic and compromise for the good of every citizen in this country.

Part of President Obama's job is to meet with the House and Senate in order to iron out differences.

[MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION]

You obviously are not very smart if you are siding with the Republicans yet again here. The Rs closed down the government because they were upset with Obama and expect him to give them a way out of their silliness. To save face.

That is not his job. They need to open up government and get their power back from the Teaparty by hard work and ethics. Which they don't have. You either.Stop trying to be so condescending to me, you aren't near ready.

Wow!

I have NEVER insulted you one time, ever.

Here you say I'm stupid, I have no work ethic and I'm condenscending.

Where did the nice sweet Sarah that I used to know go?

President Obama is doing the House of Representatives a 'favor' to speak with them?

Sarah, you are smarter than this.

President Obama is doing his job. The job he was elected to do.

Part of President Obama's job is to be diplomatic and compromise for the good of every citizen in this country.

Part of President Obama's job is to meet with the House and Senate in order to iron out differences.

[MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION]

You obviously are not very smart if you are siding with the Republicans yet again here. The Rs closed down the government because they were upset with Obama and expect him to give them a way out of their silliness. To save face.

That is not his job. They need to open up government and get their power back from the Teaparty by hard work and ethics. Which they don't have. You either.Stop trying to be so condescending to me, you aren't near ready.

Wow!

I have NEVER insulted you one time, ever.

Here you say I'm stupid, I have no work ethic and I'm condenscending.

Where did the nice sweet Sarah that I used to know go?

Reaching?

Not true.

Whistling in the dark?

You can't restrict women's reproductive rights, suppress the black vote, fight Hispanic immigration, try to privatize Social Security and Medicare, and then shut down the government and risk America's credit without losing most of the country's support.

pretty much yeah. Boehner did the smart thing by caving. Alternatively, "clinging" to his tea party minority would be suicide by another name.

Whistling in the dark?

pretty much yeah. Boehner did the smart thing by caving. Alternatively, "clinging" to his tea party minority would be suicide by another name.

I love it don't you?

Now it comes.

Forum List

Back