The Woke Olympics is Going Broke

So what does the word mean?

I wonder if current generations of libs are so ignorant that you use the word because all your friends do without even knowing what it stands for?

It means multiple thing, like many words.

It can mean having sex.

I can mean to ruin or damage something

Or it can be used as a noun or a verb as an expression

Best Olympics ever!

The Paris Olympics could not have gone better, exceeding expectations and laying a foundation for the possibility that the Olympics are, well, back. After sluggish TV ratings in the more recent Olympics, NBC saw a major bounceback in these Games, which concluded Sunday.

Official numbers will come out this week, but we already have a pretty good idea of how they’ll look.

For the first 13 days of the Games, for example, NBC and its various Olympic platforms averaged 32.2 million viewers. That’s a 76% jump from the Tokyo Games, which were held in 2021 after being delayed a year because of COVID-19.

On Saturday, the U.S. men’s basketball team, led by Steph Curry’s incredibly late-game shooting performance, beat host France in a thrilling gold-medal game that averaged 19.5 million viewers on NBC and Peacock. That made it the most-watched gold medal game since the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta. And it was about 7 million viewers more than the most-watched 2024 NBA Finals game on ABC.

The Paris Olympics have brought some joie de vivre to NBCUniversal.

For the first 13 days of the Games, the Comcast Corp.-owned media company averaged 32.2 million viewers across its TV and streaming platforms, according to data from Nielsen and Adobe Analytics. The figure combines the live coverage shown during the day and the recorded highlights telecast and streamed in the evening.

The Paris number is 76% higher than the audience for the Games in Tokyo, which were delayed a year and held in 2021 because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Olympics content streamed on NBC’s Peacock platform surpassed 19.1 billion minutes viewed, more than the 16.8 billion minutes watched on the service for all previous Olympics, winter and summer, combined.

Sad isn’t it…The right doesn’t know how to protest…they can’t become activists, loot and burn shit down to score points with the media..Why do you think they are such pussies?

I believe it is their choice of headwear.

1723479979257.png

LA has it in 2028. They have a budget of 7 billion dollars to complete all venues for the athletes. Anything over 7 billion to be paid by taxpayers.
I'm talking about the 1984 Olympics. I'm sure the nuts governing L.A. and California are going to break the bank building new venues.

You said "don't let the PC police tell you what words to use...

So again, are all words acceptable to use?

You can use any word you like, I will do nothing to stop you.

In fact I think everyone should, it lets us know more about them.

Aren't you acting like the "PC police" by judging people based on their words.

It was YOU who said don't let them control your words?

Yes, they are. And some people cave to them.

Are you one of those people?

Each person should decide for themselves what words are ok

What word is you you feel you would like to use but cannot?

Yes, they are. And some people cave to them.

Are you one of those people?

Each person should decide for themselves what words are ok

What word is you you feel you would like to use but cannot?

Don't try turning this around on me.

You said don't let others control the words you use? Remember?

Who decided it was a bad word?

Who gave them the power to decide such a thing?

Why do you allow others to control the words that you use?

Don't try turning this around on me.

You said don't let others control the words you use? Remember?

Yes, and I stand by that.

There are words I will not use as I do not personally find them acceptable.

Why is this so confusing for you?

Forum List

Back