Boehner...debt limit hike as a stand alone bill...

The way to stop it is put PAYGO back in place, stick to it, to stop adding to the deficit, and let growth bring down the deficit already in place.

I agree. But paygo is really juts a word, no ones ever really followed through that I can remember. AMT excursions etc. they have all played the game.And they will play it again shortly, will Boehner bring up a bill to by pass paygo ala the AMT again?

They made a has of it from the git go, by not indexing it, so they should just kill it dead.

As far as the rest, we'll see, if he stands by his words and forces a deb.t ceiling vote thats step one, lets say it passes. Then what?

If the debt ceiling is not raised? Or raised?

If it's not raised, at some point they'll just have to stop borrowing money to pay for anything. Which I guess means, whatever needs borrowed money to continue to operate will cease to operate.

The issue is that something like cuts in cap gains taxes have to "paid for" by paygo. Of course they will generate more revenue but static scoring doesn't allow for that.

Except no one can actually demonstrate that as a cause and effect fact. It's a myth, in fact.

It's actually proven. It is one of the most proven phenomena in economics and taxation issues. Obama admitted it was true before the election.
Or do you think changing tax rates has no effect on human behavior?

No it isn't and your say-so doesn't change that.

Except no one can actually demonstrate that as a cause and effect fact. It's a myth, in fact.

It's actually proven. It is one of the most proven phenomena in economics and taxation issues. Obama admitted it was true before the election.

You're right. My say-so doesn't change it.
Facts change it. And the facts are clearly on my side, not yours.

The way to stop it is put PAYGO back in place, stick to it, to stop adding to the deficit, and let growth bring down the deficit already in place.

I agree. But paygo is really juts a word, no ones ever really followed through that I can remember. AMT excursions etc. they have all played the game.And they will play it again shortly, will Boehner bring up a bill to by pass paygo ala the AMT again?

They made a has of it from the git go, by not indexing it, so they should just kill it dead.

As far as the rest, we'll see, if he stands by his words and forces a deb.t ceiling vote thats step one, lets say it passes. Then what?

If the debt ceiling is not raised? Or raised?

If it's not raised, at some point they'll just have to stop borrowing money to pay for anything. Which I guess means, whatever needs borrowed money to continue to operate will cease to operate.

if its not raised.

look, we cannot keep going, raising taxes now is not the answer, they made the AMT mess by not pulling the plug on it years ago and taking any projections they used to buffer more spending, we have to get off this carousel.

Raising taxes now in addition to all of the usual issues that accompanies that in a is not going to help, at all. Banks don;t lend short they borrow short and lend long, if small bus. needs loans, this isn't the way to go.

spending, we have to stop spending, none opf the game where in they cut the forecast increases, I mean cuts , of their present operating cost. They will just have to operate with less.

If we allow the bracket reset and the cap gains etc. to go up, this is just a salve, the same old game, and will just keep putting off the inevitable. Congress punted on the budget, now is the time, let hem get started on it now, lets see what they got? this deficit commission was set to render their decisions after the election naturally so lets see what they say, Ibut I have to say, am not optimistic.

I saw that last night.

GOP: We don't give a fuck about anything but grandstanding so we look good. Fuck the US.

Most amazing was that the host didn't call him out on it. She just moved on to the next question as if defaulting was just another option on the table. Pathetic. He should have been pinned to the wall until he explained that answer.

But let's not mistake grandstanding for governing: he's already clamoring for earmarks after claiming he'd be against them.

hello...Paul is a SENATOR.......Boehner is in the HOUSE....dude.

And your point is...what, exactly?

You're right. My say-so doesn't change it.
Facts change it. And the facts are clearly on my side, not yours.

Then you should post those 'facts'.

By God, yes, let's cut the deficit. First thing, no state gets more back from the Federal government than they sent in. That would eliminate a bunch of the deficit.

TaxProf Blog: Red States Feed at Federal Trough, Blue States Supply the Feed

States Receiving Most in Federal Spending Per Dollar of Federal Taxes Paid:

1. D.C. ($6.17)
2. North Dakota ($2.03)
3. New Mexico ($1.89)
4. Mississippi ($1.84)
5. Alaska ($1.82)
6. West Virginia ($1.74)
7. Montana ($1.64)
8. Alabama ($1.61)
9. South Dakota ($1.59)
10. Arkansas ($1.53)

In contrast, of the 16 states that are "losers" -- receiving less in federal spending than they pay in federal taxes -- 69% are Blue States that voted for Al Gore in 2000. Indeed, 11 of the 14 (79%) of the states receiving the least federal spending per dollar of federal taxes paid are Blue States. Here are the Top 10 states that supply feed for the federal trough (with Blue States highlighted in bold):

States Receiving Least in Federal Spending Per Dollar of Federal Taxes Paid:

1. New Jersey ($0.62)
2. Connecticut ($0.64)
3. New Hampshire ($0.68)
4. Nevada ($0.73)
5. Illinois ($0.77)
6. Minnesota ($0.77)
7. Colorado ($0.79)
8. Massachusetts ($0.79)
9. California ($0.81)
10. New York ($0.81)

So why do you keep voting for politicians who think its A-OK to redistribute money from blue states to red states if it's such a huge issue for you?

By God, yes, let's cut the deficit. First thing, no state gets more back from the Federal government than they sent in. That would eliminate a bunch of the deficit.

1. D.C. ($6.17)
2. North Dakota ($2.03)
3. New Mexico ($1.89)
4. Mississippi ($1.84)
5. Alaska ($1.82)
6. West Virginia ($1.74)
7. Montana ($1.64)
8. Alabama ($1.61)
9. South Dakota ($1.59)
10. Arkansas ($1.53)

In contrast, of the 16 states that are "losers" -- receiving less in federal spending than they pay in federal taxes -- 69% are Blue States that voted for Al Gore in 2000. Indeed, 11 of the 14 (79%) of the states receiving the least federal spending per dollar of federal taxes paid are Blue States. Here are the Top 10 states that supply feed for the federal trough (with Blue States highlighted in bold):

1. New Jersey ($0.62)
2. Connecticut ($0.64)
3. New Hampshire ($0.68)
4. Nevada ($0.73)
5. Illinois ($0.77)
6. Minnesota ($0.77)
7. Colorado ($0.79)
8. Massachusetts ($0.79)
9. California ($0.81)
10. New York ($0.81)

Yes I think my state of NY could easily solve its budgetary problems if we could just get those red state leeches off our tit.

Not sure why you're complaining about this when it's your fault. Why do you keep sending Chuck Schumer back to Washington when he supports sending New Yorkers' money to other states?

This is exactly what happens when someone never owns up to their mistakes. The GOP royally screwed this country..never apologized or recognized what they did to get us here.

Neither have the Democrats.

Instead they repackaged themselves..and want to implement the same disastrous programs that got us into this mess.

Which programs are you referring to?

Bush..when faced with a surplus..gave tax cuts...when taxes are at their lowest in almost 100 years.

Tax rates were lower under Reagan

He got rid of paygo.

What he could have down was pay down the debt..and kept paygo. But he started what would be the "Drunken Sailor" economic plan.

So you are bitching that they spent too much money and now they are attempting to cap spending (so they claim) and you are bitching about that too. :confused:

The Republican..well conservative problem has been their problem for a very long time. It's the inate desire to consolidate power and wealth in to a small part of the population.

Can you quote a conservative who has stated that their goal is to concentrate power and wealth into a small part of the population? I've known plenty of conservatives in my day and I've never heard any of them say that's their goal.

As I said before, if you all you have is hyperbole, you have nothing.

1. D.C. ($6.17)
2. North Dakota ($2.03)
3. New Mexico ($1.89)
4. Mississippi ($1.84)
5. Alaska ($1.82)
6. West Virginia ($1.74)
7. Montana ($1.64)
8. Alabama ($1.61)
9. South Dakota ($1.59)
10. Arkansas ($1.53)

1. New Jersey ($0.62)
2. Connecticut ($0.64)
3. New Hampshire ($0.68)
4. Nevada ($0.73)
5. Illinois ($0.77)
6. Minnesota ($0.77)
7. Colorado ($0.79)
8. Massachusetts ($0.79)
9. California ($0.81)
10. New York ($0.81)

Yes I think my state of NY could easily solve its budgetary problems if we could just get those red state leeches off our tit.

Not sure why you're complaining about this when it's your fault. Why do you keep sending Chuck Schumer back to Washington when he supports sending New Yorkers' money to other states?

Maybe he has a soft spot for conservative freeloaders.

1. D.C. ($6.17)
2. North Dakota ($2.03)
3. New Mexico ($1.89)
4. Mississippi ($1.84)
5. Alaska ($1.82)
6. West Virginia ($1.74)
7. Montana ($1.64)
8. Alabama ($1.61)
9. South Dakota ($1.59)
10. Arkansas ($1.53)

1. New Jersey ($0.62)
2. Connecticut ($0.64)
3. New Hampshire ($0.68)
4. Nevada ($0.73)
5. Illinois ($0.77)
6. Minnesota ($0.77)
7. Colorado ($0.79)
8. Massachusetts ($0.79)
9. California ($0.81)
10. New York ($0.81)

The data on this information is dated 2004. Here is the link http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2004/09/red_states_feed.html

That doesn't answer my question so I'll ask it again. Why do you keep sending Chuck Schumer back to Washington when he supports sending New Yorkers' money to other states?

That doesn't answer my question so I'll ask it again. Why do you keep sending Chuck Schumer back to Washington when he supports sending New Yorkers' money to other states?

Your question contains the idiotic premise that I somehow hold the power to decide whether or not Charles Schumer is Senator.

And that's before we even get to the rest of the idiocy therein.

Forum List

Back